Just upgraded to Aurion Touring - a few questions

BobM

Hi

I've just upgraded from a 1995 Vienta Touring to a 2007 Aurion Touring and there are a few things that I could do in the Vienta that I need some advice on how to do in the Aurion.

1. Air in take Selector - I would like to have the default (or power-on) setting to FRESH AIR rather than recycle

2. Beep on Lock/Unlock - I would like to turn off the audible beeping whenever I lock or unlock the car

How do I achieve these things

Apart from that, I'm enjoying the new car

Cheers

Bob

Hi

I've just upgraded from a 1995 Vienta Touring to a 2007 Aurion Touring and there are a few things that I could do in the Vienta that I need some advice on how to do in the Aurion.

1. Air in take Selector - I would like to have the default (or power-on) setting to FRESH AIR rather than recycle

2. Beep on Lock/Unlock - I would like to turn off the audible beeping whenever I lock or unlock the car

How do I achieve these things

Apart from that, I'm enjoying the new car

Cheers

Bob

Welcome to the forum

1. If you set the air to "fresh" from precious use then it should stay like that when you start the car on.

2. You can use the key to lock the car. No sound there.

Edited by A Buff Hamster

not sure if it still applies, but on the 2001 camry, you turned the key (in the ingnition) frpom off to on 3 times in 3 secs, and then the security light would turn on, and if you pressed the horn and then after the security light flashed u turned the key back to off. it used to turn on the toot as u locked/unlocked. Thats going off memory tho searching for my file with all the camry hidden settings. plus that was 01 model they may have changed it for the aurions will update if i find this file

• 2 weeks later...

I've just upgraded from a 1995 Vienta Touring to a 2007 Aurion Touring

Good job ... Hope you got a good deal.

Does the setting change when you cycle the ignition all the time? There is a setting to automatically switch to recirculate in order to cool down the car quickly. How quickly to change the inlet mode, I'm not sure. But this can be customised ... per your next question below.

Not sure about the ignition/horn sequence, but one certain way is to have a Toyota Dealer use their intelligent tester (diagnostics tool) to change the setting. The problem is that they will want to charge you for it ...