Falken ZE912

Kenpo

I was recommended Falken ZE912 for my Aurion.

I don't want to rush in and buy these without having an knowledge on them.

Apparently for $245, they're the best for the <$300 mark.

Would anyone have an idea on how these tyres compare to others around the same price bracket?

Would anyone have an idea on how these tyres compare to others around the same price bracket?

Size?

Size?

225/45R18

225/45R18

Have recently put on a set of Michelin Pilot Sport III onto my Camry (235/40/18, 95W) and I was immensely impressed with the way they handle. Superb in the wet, superb in the dry and extremely quiet as well. I paid $267ea per tyre.

I have seen recommendations of the Kumho KU31 and Federal 595ss/evo which will also float around your budget.

225/45R18

Have recently put on a set of Michelin Pilot Sport III onto my Camry (235/40/18, 95W) and I was immensely impressed with the way they handle. Superb in the wet, superb in the dry and extremely quiet as well. I paid $267ea per tyre.

I have seen recommendations of the Kumho KU31 and Federal 595ss/evo which will also float around your budget.

Thanks heaps Andrew, I'll do some research on them and see how many others are in your same boat.

General Falken rule of thumb:

ZE/Ziex = budget crap (still probably better than Ling Longs or other Chinese crap though)

FK = decent mid-range performance

RT/Azenis = awesome semi-slicks.

Wow, I've just had a look at the Michelin Pilot Sport 3. I found this site http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/2010-Auto-Express-Ultra-High-Performance-Tyre-Test.htm

It shows a few different tyres and the ranked 2nd, by a really small margin.

AND, wow they're expensive :(

Jax Quikfit quoted me @ $267 per tyre, plus since I got 4 tyres I got a free Canon Ixus 105 from Michelin as well.

Jax Quikfit quoted me @ $267 per tyre, plus since I got 4 tyres I got a free Canon Ixus 105 from Michelin as well.

Oh.. I found that 225/45/18 cost $445 on a site, Tech9Tyres. That's a big difference in price. I guess I can ask about that though. Maybe cause I'm going to buy rims off them I could possibly get them a little cheaper. Jax Quickfit also has a 12 month no interest repayment thing going on.

See how I go on money in the next week or so.

Jax Quickfit also has a 12 month no interest repayment thing going on.

GE Money is the devil :lol:. Nah... for those that use the interest free finance appropriately, it is quite good. Just bear in mind though that they usually charge just that little bit extra when you pay with finance like that due to the Merchant Service Fees that GE will charge them. I used to have to deal with merchants/customers over the phone and heard/saw how much they try to rip you off.

GE Money is the devil :lol:. Nah... for those that use the interest free finance appropriately, it is quite good. Just bear in mind though that they usually charge just that little bit extra when you pay with finance like that due to the Merchant Service Fees that GE will charge them. I used to have to deal with merchants/customers over the phone and heard/saw how much they try to rip you off.

Startup fee is $25, monthly account keeping fee is $3.95. If you pay before the 12 months it is a pretty good deal.

As for the extra you pay, it depends on the seller. When I got some gear from WoW Sight and Sound, they didn't charge any extra.

Startup fee is $25, monthly account keeping fee is $3.95. If you pay before the 12 months it is a pretty good deal.

As for the extra you pay, it depends on the seller. When I got some gear from WoW Sight and Sound, they didn't charge any extra.

Hahaha!

I would consider doing this just so that my father doesn't say I'm spending too much money in 1 go. I'd pay it all off in no more then 3 months, just to stay safe from dad :P

No. The prices are actually marked up before you even make mention of it. That's the whole idea behind of being able to get a better price when paying with cash. There is a bunch of other negative words I could say about GE Money and retailers that deal with them but... I don't want anything to bite me in the a**.

No. The prices are actually marked up before you even make mention of it. That's the whole idea behind of being able to get a better price when paying with cash. There is a bunch of other negative words I could say about GE Money and retailers that deal with them but... I don't want anything to bite me in the a**.

Sneaky little buggers. :blink: Oh well, it's still good to get what you want reducing your need to want to upgrade again.