broke the back wheel studs.... :(

hey guys as you know im a noobie. i was switching the back tyres to the front on my corolla sportivo 2003 model. because the front ones are near bald so i switch it to the back as the back ones are near new.

when i tighten the back wheels. on the right side the back wheels i tighten the screws too tight that one of the stud to screw the screw on snaped.... i was wondering how much is it to replace it?

hey guys as you know im a noobie. i was switching the back tyres to the front on my corolla sportivo 2003 model. because the front ones are near bald so i switch it to the back as the back ones are near new.

when i tighten the back wheels. on the right side the back wheels i tighten the screws too tight that one of the stud to screw the screw on snaped.... i was wondering how much is it to replace it?

i wonder how it could snap. toyota shouldn't sell them for a high price though.

A wheel stud set should be less than $50 for one hub.

You will need to remove the brake rotor/caliper/etc and remove the hub.

Press out the old studs and replace with the new ones and reassemble.

50 bucks for 4? jesus i dont know where you shop dude? i paid 2.50 each with the nut for 4 wheel studs the last time i did mine...

Edited by eviltwin

50 bucks for 4? jesus i dont know where you shop dude? i paid 2.50 each with the nut for 4 wheel studs the last time i did mine...

I was basing that on a set of ARP extended studs + shipping :D

Check your rim too, if you've snapped a stud there is a good chance the rim could have a crack. Maybe thought it was a Mack truck (640 Nm) :P

far out man to have snapped bolts they must have been brittle as !!

My snap-on gun does over 1000 pounds of torque and still doesnt snap bolts :blink: always torqued my stivo bolts tho