2011/12 Toyota Aurion

moggillsx6

Hey guys (and girls),

Does anyone have any definitive info on the next modal aurion?? I've been randomly quizzing different toyota mechanics, salesmen etc and they either don't know or have signed some serious "don't tell anyone anything" kind of agreement....

Just getting curious thats all......

Hey guys (and girls),

Does anyone have any definitive info on the next modal aurion?? I've been randomly quizzing different toyota mechanics, salesmen etc and they either don't know or have signed some serious "don't tell anyone anything" kind of agreement....

Just getting curious thats all......

There is a new model Camry coming next year, globally.

Aurion will be later (not 2011).

this may possibly happen sooner.

Please see this article from GoAuto, 8th paragraph:

"Toyota’s new-model assault will begin next year with a major facelift of the HiLux, but will hit top gear in the third quarter of 2011 with the introduction of all-new versions of two of its volume-selling staples - the Camry mid-sizer and Yaris light-car - followed in 2012 by the new-generation Aurion V6, Camry Hybrid and Corolla small car."

I'm expecting mostly cosmetic and minor spec changes ...

*Waits for everyone to say how much they hope they will release it as a RWD or AWD*

**Also waits to see the look of disappointment on their faces**

LOL... I was about to say that RWD or AWD...!!

*Waits for everyone to say how much they hope they will release it as a RWD or AWD*

**Also waits to see the look of disappointment on their faces**

I'm waiting for the "my best mate's dad's next-door neighbour's dog's vet's brother works for Toyota and he says it'll be AWD/RWD, he's driven the test-mule and did burnouts and doughies in the factory"

my best mate's dad's next-door neighbour's dog's vet's brother's cousin's god son's friends brother's dad works for Toyota and he says it'll be AWD with a variable diff, he's driven the test car and did burnouts and doughies in the factory's carpark.

Also waiting for all the bitching that is soon to come when they hear that it definitely is going to be FWD.

this.

though, a manual version would be nice ;)

wont happen though.

it would be good to see the direct injection engine used in the Lexus is350 being brought into the Aurion, like what they did to with the current model, bringing a lexus engine into the bonnet. i expect it to be fairly costly.

it would be good to see the direct injection engine used in the Lexus is350 being brought into the Aurion, like what they did to with the current model, bringing a lexus engine into the bonnet. i expect it to be fairly costly.

mmmmm it would probably cost very little for Toyota to use the 2GR-FSE direct/port injection engine because it would be mass produced for the Aurion and possible kluger/Rav4 V6.

If they was to use the FSE engine it would be for efficiency reasons more so than performance. No doubt they would do much like what Holden has done with the HFV6 SIDI 3.6 Alloytec engine and “de tune” it, that engine in caddy spec makes 227kw but "only" 210kw in Commodore so I’d say it's safe to say that if Aurion see's the FSE engine we wouldn’t get the full 233Kw whack! would want to protect the IS350's place in the range and place can you imagine that sort of power going to the front wheels of an AT-X on 16in steelies? Would be nice though if they made the Sportivo model more special and gave it 10kw's or more just even for bragging rights lol

Actually, I heard the 2011 Aurion will have an engine change.

Midway through 2011 the 2GR-FE V6 will be replaced by............................................

(Drum Roll)

A SuperCharged, mutant GERBIL doped up on steroids.

Seriously though... might be good if Toyota can see someway to shoehorn a CVT transmission to replace the current 6 speed....

Oh.. and MORE power never really hurt anyone either..... :rolleyes:

my best mate's dad's next-door neighbour's dog's vet's brother's cousin's god son's friends brother's dad works for Toyota and he says it'll be AWD with a variable diff, he's driven the test car and did burnouts and doughies in the factory's carpark.

Yeah? Well, I know one of the Janitors who works in Altona and he tells me they've integrated an expresso machine into the B pillar..... and they've done away with Drive by Wire..... it's now Drive by thought. Just think where you wanna go, and off it goes.

:P

Sources close by inform me there will be pink added to the factory colour range and a complimentary Hawaiian Detective shirt to be shipped free with ever car...

LOL!! thanks a lot.. you just made me choke on my coffee. Haha!!!

Seriously though... might be good if Toyota can see someway to shoehorn a CVT transmission to replace the current 6 speed....

Oh God. I would seriously consider slitting my wrists if they did that. Imagine doing a mountain run in a CVT Aurion and it would sound something like this (just a little deeper):

bringing a lexus engine into the bonnet.

You mean Toyota engine :P The 2GRFSE is already being used in several Toyota models in Japan, the Crown Athlete and Mark X for instance. People need to get over this "it's a Lexus engine" thing, it's a Toyota engine designed by Toyota, built by Toyota, and used in Toyotas, and are no more special for the fact that they are used in the Lexus sister cars. To be precise, there has NEVER been a "Lexus-only" engine, apart from the 2UR ISF/LS600 V8 (comes from a series of Toyota engines though) and the V10 in the LFA - they have all been used in normal Toyotas as well. There have been a few occasions where the engine or engine series has debuted in Lexus models first, but it is usually no more than a year before they appear in regular models too.

Oh God. I would seriously consider slitting my wrists if they did that. Imagine doing a mountain run in a CVT Aurion and it would sound something like this (just a little deeper):

What bout LED daytime running lights? Active Cruise control? Those would be additional features I wouldn't mind having....

AND..... an ON/OFF switch for VSC. There are times when you just DON'T want traction control..... *Sigh*

Edited by Beep Beep

bringing a lexus engine into the bonnet.

You mean Toyota engine :P The 2GRFSE is already being used in several Toyota models in Japan, the Crown Athlete and Mark X for instance. People need to get over this "it's a Lexus engine" thing, it's a Toyota engine designed by Toyota, built by Toyota, and used in Toyotas, and are no more special for the fact that they are used in the Lexus sister cars. To be precise, there has NEVER been a "Lexus-only" engine, apart from the 2UR ISF/LS600 V8 (comes from a series of Toyota engines though) and the V10 in the LFA - they have all been used in normal Toyotas as well. There have been a few occasions where the engine or engine series has debuted in Lexus models first, but it is usually no more than a year before they appear in regular models too.

considering toyota=lexus any motor in any lexus at any point in time is a toyota engine...

arghh man yeah a CVT really takes away any driver input you can have in a semi automatic gearbox, really wouldnt fit so well with Aurion espically the Sportivo model, atleast with the U660E you can half tell it what to do lol

It sounds so horrible, get it away...GET IT AWAY!!!

That soughta sh*t makes baby Jesus sad :(

considering toyota=lexus any motor in any lexus at any point in time is a toyota engine...

Which is my point. Some people just seem to deify things simply because they are available in a Lexus, despite them being an ordinary Toyota engine too. Hell, the ES runs the exact same engine as the Camry, always has done.

Lexus was only created as a marketing strategy for the American market which believed in having seperate brands for different approaches to the same car - with GM you had Chevrolet as the base model, Pontiac as the sporty option, Buick as the entry-level luxury, and Cadillac as burger-with-the-works. Fords were standard-spec with Mercury for entry-level luxury and Lincoln for top-of-the-line, Chrysler was premium luxury with Plymouth serving the entry-level. Toyota thus followed the other Japanese brands (Honda created Acura and Nissan created Infiniti) in creating a luxury sub-brand for solely the American market, but instead of coming up with a whole all-new vehicle range they just put Lexus badges on the higher-end Toyota products (the LS was kind of different as it was a brand new design at the time, but was still released at the same time as the Celsior) and spec'd them towards the soft cruisey American style of car (so wallowy suspension, leather or plush velour from here to eternity, everything electric under the sun etc etc). It just happens that Lexus is the only one of the Japanese bunch that has spread from North America with any real success as a brand (mainly because Toyota didn't have a luxury image in most of the world)

This didn't turn into an AWD/FWD argument for once, but actually a Lexus vs Toyota one :lol:

I really don't care what Toyota brings out. It's not like when it's out I would be able to afford it. But it just would be great if they did bring out something 'cool' to have some bragging rights.

Oh and the topic about power... I really couldn't give two sh*ts about it unfortunately. I just realised today how useless 200kw of power is in Australia. On the freeway today I had sh*t box cars overtaking me while they speed past me at 00000000.1KM/h faster than my set cruise speed of 100KM/h (the legal limit).

So meh.