2011/12 Toyota Aurion

moggillsx6

bringing a lexus engine into the bonnet.

You mean Toyota engine :P The 2GRFSE is already being used in several Toyota models in Japan, the Crown Athlete and Mark X for instance. People need to get over this "it's a Lexus engine" thing, it's a Toyota engine designed by Toyota, built by Toyota, and used in Toyotas, and are no more special for the fact that they are used in the Lexus sister cars. To be precise, there has NEVER been a "Lexus-only" engine, apart from the 2UR ISF/LS600 V8 (comes from a series of Toyota engines though) and the V10 in the LFA - they have all been used in normal Toyotas as well. There have been a few occasions where the engine or engine series has debuted in Lexus models first, but it is usually no more than a year before they appear in regular models too.

not my fault for knowing such things. it was the salesmen who told me that stuff.

bringing a lexus engine into the bonnet.

You mean Toyota engine :P The 2GRFSE is already being used in several Toyota models in Japan, the Crown Athlete and Mark X for instance. People need to get over this "it's a Lexus engine" thing, it's a Toyota engine designed by Toyota, built by Toyota, and used in Toyotas, and are no more special for the fact that they are used in the Lexus sister cars. To be precise, there has NEVER been a "Lexus-only" engine, apart from the 2UR ISF/LS600 V8 (comes from a series of Toyota engines though) and the V10 in the LFA - they have all been used in normal Toyotas as well. There have been a few occasions where the engine or engine series has debuted in Lexus models first, but it is usually no more than a year before they appear in regular models too.

not my fault for knowing such things. it was the salesmen who told me that stuff.

And salesmen will lie, cheat, and enhance the truth in order to get a sale (or because they don't actually know what they are talking about). Take everything they say with a grain of salt.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Damn it, why is it FWD! With all that torque steer, you wont be able to get anywhere!

If you can't handle torque steer then i recommend you start buffing up. It isn't that hard driving with torque steer.

Damn it, why is it FWD! With all that torque steer, you wont be able to get anywhere!

If you can't handle torque steer then i recommend you start buffing up. It isn't that hard driving with torque steer.

No it isn't but it doesn't make for a pleasant drive and is quite annoying.

Yup as cool as it would be to have it AWD, it's never gunna happen. Since TRD didn't do it, Toyota itself will be very unlikely to do so.

haha what is your avatar of?

No it isn't but it doesn't make for a pleasant drive and is quite annoying.

What grade is your Aurion?

My ZR6 is very good, but someone I know has the same complain with the AT-X. Could it be a grade thing or a driver thing?

Or is it VSC, but people can't tell when it is operating? I wouldn't expect so.

The Sportivo's will suffer slightly less from torque and steer axle tramp than the standard or luxury specs because Sportivo has bigger wheels with firmer suspension and a "sharper" stiffer chassis, I've noticed that since having coil over’s torque seems greatly reduced and axle trapping in near as makes no difference all gone even in the wet. Bloody good thing!

hey there we are new members and have noticed your comment on new aurion we have 2010 aurion sportivo zr6 spoke to our dealer here in tassie about when the new one will be released we have been told september 2011 release date (around afl grand final day) dealers have only seen the front headlights rest was covered but whole new body shape and upgrade engine etc sounds exciting, cant wait for sept lets hope though there are some decent colours.

hey there we are new members and have noticed your comment on new aurion we have 2010 aurion sportivo zr6 spoke to our dealer here in tassie about when the new one will be released we have been told september 2011 release date (around afl grand final day) dealers have only seen the front headlights rest was covered but whole new body shape and upgrade engine etc sounds exciting, cant wait for sept lets hope though there are some decent colours.

Maybe the dealer is thinking Camry production start date and not retail sales start date. That would be a surprise to many Toyota employees, whom I would be sure can't get their jobs done in time for a September sales date!

Please note that it is only the Camry that is getting the AR engine update - don't expect any change to the Aurion powertrain.

As for Aurion and Hybrid versions, they will be available from 2012 (I posted a link on this at the top of this thread).

My guess is that it would be more appropriate to launch the new Hilux at the AFL grand final ...

Edited by 450HP/tonne

• 4 months later...

That other rendered pic nearly looks like the Gen 5 is making a comeback :lol:

Sigh... sad case how our 1st gen models will probably look so outdated compared to the 3rd gen

At least the TRD still holds a little bit of uniqueness, but I don't expect that to stay around for much longer.

That other rendered pic nearly looks like the Gen 5 is making a comeback :lol:

Sigh... sad case how our 1st gen models will probably look so outdated compared to the 3rd gen

At least the TRD still holds a little bit of uniqueness, but I don't expect that to stay around for much longer.

On 2nd thoughts, am I the only one who thinks that it looks a lot like the newer accord euros?

There just isn't anything groundbreaking. At least if they aren't going to put a lot into making it look like it's unique and not a mashup of other cars, they could have put more effort into the performance.

Yeah from what i've seen theres nothing really to make current owners rush out and buy the new one... BUT hay you never now they might suprise us :)

I'm still yet to see another white TRD on the road although sure they're out there.... IMH and unbiased O It's hard to find a more stylish/unique looking car for the money...

I've seen 2 different white TRDs in Ulverstone (anybody who knows NW Tas will understand the significance of this) within the last 24 hours.

That's a rare sighting indeed! NW Tas, what great taste u have :)

They would be the 2 3500S's we sold out of my dealership :) sad that one does not get treated very well at all... infact last time i drove it when they were having issues with it i could not believe somebody would lay out such money not to look after it... and the tyres.. it could not get traction to save it self. just dont understand some people :-/

Slightly off topic and sorry to turn this into trivia night...

Adamsy, or anyone else in the know..... What percentage of each of the four colours (black, silver, red & white) did the 600+ TRD's come in?????

Law of averages would have to say silver & black = 1 & 2 just because they were colours used on both models..... But I can't find the answer anywhere.

Cheers!