2011/12 Toyota Aurion

moggillsx6

According to an American (non Australian) website, this is what the interior of their camry looks like.

Toyota-Camry_2012_800x600_wallpaper_14.jpg

Paddle F*cking Shifters!

And the build looks better, but we would only know the real deal when it's released here.

According to their car reviews, the higher models come with paddle shifts.

Here's another..

Toyota-Camry_2012_800x600_wallpaper_15.jpg

Interior really looks solid.

I would like to see them employ a dual clutch gearbox, that would be good especially for the 6cyl version, would save some fuel, and it would be more fun to drive in sequential mode as the shifts would be instant. Somehow i don't think that is going to happen.

But so far looking good!

NICE they have certainly made a jump in design and material, fit and finish with the inside, mm paddles in Camry who would have thought aye! Hopefully there standard in big brother Aurion. Seats look good but some extra bolstering on Sportivo would be nice too see :clap::yahoo: :P

Once again I'm in love with the exterior styling of the new Camry. They always appear to have the right balance between aggressive sporty and luxury euro look down pat.

The interior seems to be a step up from the current Camry, which looks a bit cheap in many regards. It also appears many of the newer interior gear would be a close if not direct swap to current Gen stuff which will open the door to people looking to upgrade their Camry from Toyota spares (although unlike with Holden/Ford parts, this would likely be a HUGE ripoff)

Like to see just how different they make the new Aurion inside and out. Hopefully they don't get lazy and make an effort to set it apart as they did previously. Paddle shifters are interesting but I believe they'd just be doing the same as the IS250 range -> same gearbox and not a true sequential, just moving the "sports" shift from the center console to the paddles.

Would it be reasonable to expect the new Aurion to look similar?

My wish list :-

• Adaptive Cruise
  • Forward IR camera (for night/bad weather driving - see below pic)
BMW%20Night%20Vision%20and%20High-Beam%20Assist_6.JPG
  • Park assist (i.e. self parking capability as seen in upper spec Euro cars)
  • Bi Xenon headlights.
  • Puddle lamps under the wing mirrors
  • Electric Folding wing mirrors with puddle lamps
  • Heated seats
  • IPOD interface (with ability for menu navigation via steering wheel buttons)
  • 12V socket on center console for rear passengers.
  • 12V socket in boot.

Probably some of the above would be more fanciful rather than practical, but I'm sure there's some stuff in the list which is feasible!

:-)

Would it be reasonable to expect the new Aurion to look similar?

Expect the same difference level as the current models.

My wish list :-

• Adaptive Cruise
Annoys me ... but is safer.
Forward IR camera (for night/bad weather driving - see below pic)

It doesn't work ...

You get auto headlamp dimming instead.

• Park assist (i.e. self parking capability as seen in upper spec Euro cars)
What percentage of people will use the feature?
Bi Xenon headlights.
HIDs already on Presara
Puddle lamps under the wing mirrors
The current model has them on the inside of the door, which gives better angles for getting out of the car.
Electric Folding wing mirrors with puddle lamps
I got hit by one of them opening as I walked past last week ... I am now personally against them.
Heated seats
Good at the snow!
IPOD interface (with ability for menu navigation via steering wheel buttons)
My ZR6 already does ... I'm sure it will carry over.
12V socket on center console for rear passengers.
12V socket in boot.

My centre console power outlet reaches the rear ok ... plus if you're putting people in the boot, don't give them a power source (they can stay on the phone with the police until found).

Sounds like your in the market for a new Presara?

Edited by 450HP/tonne

Camry for Eastern Europe, Japan & Asia has been revealed. This would most likely be our Aurion. Looks a little more Lexus-like.

european-camry-630.jpg

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/08/25/toyota-ukraine-reveals-new-camry-for-other-parts-of-the-world/

Edited by ToyotaFreak

^ Certainly looks a bit more elegant in a way. Would be interesting to see a Sportivo variant.

Edit: On second look, it reminds me of a Honda Accord.

Edit Edit: Oh G** that read reminds me too much of a ZRE sedan.

• Forward IR camera (for night/bad weather driving - see below pic)

I love the IR camera, I don't need to watch out for Kangeroo or wombat. I guess you can buy this in youtube

Personally I don't think this is going to help in any way... unless the display is in the form of a HUD. If the screen is where your head unit is, chances are that by the time you notice it on the display, you don't be able to react to avoid the wildlife. If anything, it will probably slow your reaction down compared to spotting the wildlife with your own eyes. Even with high beams, when travelling at speed it can still be some effort to avoid things on the road.

Same goes for having it there to see pedestrians etc. If the screen is not directly in your field of view, it will probably serve as more of a distraction unless you are travelling really slow.

I'd say almost definitely that's the new Aurion

Putting aside the issue of the faux wood grain (I'm assuming regular models will get something akin to the gun metal finish currently on offer), I'm not a huge fan of the interior. It's a step up from the Camry, but they've gone from a simple classy interior to trying to make it appear overdone. The steering wheel + buttons are overkill, where as the center console stereo/climate control looks like they've just taken the current offering and dumbed it down to appear like the interior of a late 1990s vehicle (you either get what I'm saying or you don't).

On a positive note the interior does look to be far better built with quality materials and plastics. Whether this will eventuate when viewed in person I shall be eager to see.

Overall though in my opinion it's a very subtle change and with no drastic changes to the powertrain being touted I see Toyota aren't taking any risks with the newer model and not straying too far from the proven moderate success of the current Aurion. I certainly won't be rushing out to get a new one and my current Gen 1 Aurion still doesn't seem as though it will appear too dated when sitting beside the new version.

I certainly won't be rushing out to get a new one and my current Gen 1 Aurion still doesn't seem as though it will appear too dated when sitting beside the new version.

It just doesn't seem as bold as I was hoping. It just makes it seem understated. I would certainly choose the Gen 1 styling over that.

[*]Bi Xenon headlights.

HIDs already on Presara

The Presara only has low beam HIDs, not Bi-Xenon.

Camry for Eastern Europe, Japan & Asia has been revealed. This would most likely be our Aurion. Looks a little more Lexus-like.

european-camry-630.jpg

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/08/25/toyota-ukraine-reveals-new-camry-for-other-parts-of-the-world/

Stunning, very Sumptuous. I do agree that it looks Lexus-like, glad to know that the US Camry didn't influence this one too much. Can't wait to see more pictures of the new Aurion, wasn't feeling the leaked pictures of the Aurion but this one is great!

Edit Edit: Oh G** that read reminds me too much of a ZRE sedan.

I don't see much corolla in this one. I found that the 2012 Camry was similar to the ZRE, only more straight lines were used. The designer for the ZRE Sedan and 2012 Camry is blurghh.

EDIT: Just saw rear pictures of the new Aurion, oh hell no.

Edited by Harlo

The rear lights of the "new" Aurion look MUCH better than the rear lights of the new Camry.

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/european-2012-toyota-camry/#photo-4394879/

On the new Camry, the bottom right quarter of the rear lights is missing.

Looks bloody awfull.

The rear lights of the "new" Aurion look MUCH better than the rear lights of the new Camry.

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/european-2012-toyota-camry/#photo-4394879/

On the new Camry, the bottom right quarter of the rear lights is missing.

Looks bloody awfull.

I prefer the rear shape of the current Aurion. New Camry's definitely for the fleets.

Definetly should not have an automatic parking assist feature.

People soon won't be able to get into their cars with some sort of electronic assistance.

Definetly should not have an automatic parking assist feature.

People soon won't be able to get into their cars with some sort of electronic assistance.

I like the way you think.

Oh wow, that would definitely be the new Aurion. But of course for Australia I'm 100% certain they will lose the chrome features.

Is it RWD? :ph34r:

IMO Toyota has really raised the bar with the stitching on the dash. Usually you don't see that kind of dash unless it's a very very high end European car.

Something that would be nice would be to have instant fuel economy reading.

Having the average is good but something I wanna see what i'm getting at one specific moment in time. e.g. going up hills, coasting, compression braking, overtaking slow cars....

Car advice website quotes the following,

"The new Aurion’s 3.5-litre V6 petrol engine produces 204kW of power and 346Nm of torque – up 4kW/10Nm from 200kW and 336Nm. The six-speed automatic transmission from the current model carries over into the 2012 model.

According to the data for the Ukrainian-spec model, the new Aurion’s combined cycle fuel consumption is 9.3 litres/100km. In Australia, the outgoing model is rated at 9.9 litres/100km, suggesting efficiency gains of around six per cent. A 50kg reduction in total vehicle weight – down from 1590kg to 1540kg – is likely to be one of the major fuel-saving factors"