2011/12 Toyota Aurion

moggillsx6

This is what I hate about so many modern day "driver assist" technologies. If the car was built right in the first place then most of these "aids" would become redundant.

And don't get me started on driver's who rely on these "aids"

I certainly agree

Hmm.... I kinda like the idea of ABS, VSC, TC, SRS etc being there in the background as backup in case I need extra help in an emergency situation.....

I mean you obviously don't RELY on these saving your ar$e, but it's good to have just in case.

I wouldn't want cars to be built like the holden kingswood where you got no modern driver assist technologies whatsoever. A person in one of those in a crash is like a soft boiled egg in a metal box that got dropped. The box may or may not have some damage, but if you look inside, what used to be an egg is now a gooey splattered, mangled mess.

Yeah, nah. Gimme all the gizmos and do-hickeys and driver assist technolomologies ya got! :clap: :P

This is what I hate about so many modern day "driver assist" technologies. If the car was built right in the first place then most of these "aids" would become redundant.

I certainly agree

Hmm.... I kinda like the idea of ABS, VSC, TC, SRS etc being there in the background as backup in case I need extra help in an emergency situation.....

I mean you obviously don't RELY on these saving your ar$e, but it's good to have just in case.

I wouldn't want cars to be built like the holden kingswood where you got no modern driver assist technologies whatsoever. A person in one of those in a crash is like a soft boiled egg in a metal box that got dropped. The box may or may not have some damage, but if you look inside, what used to be an egg is now a gooey splattered, mangled mess.

Yeah, nah. Gimme all the gizmos and do-hickeys and driver assist technolomologies ya got! :clap: :P

Then what happens to the skill of driving?

People will take corners faster then they usually would, thinking that this stuff is going to sort it out (or thinking that they are Lewis Hamilton) and save them... which it will.. 9 times out of 10.

Don't get me wrong though, they do help with the few people that put their car sideways after a light drizzle of rain but I certainly don't want to be driving next to that person who loses it that easily/pushes the car to lose it.

SRS isn't really an assist though is it? more of a necessity on all modern cars.

I certainly agree

Nothing, everybody on the road should learn how to drive properly. The point is, these are driving AIDS, not Autopilots. These technologies should be in place not so much to save the hoon driver who's being an absolute turkey on th roads, but the poor schmuck who's staring down the barrel of being a road fatality statistic through no fault of their own..

If the poor schmuck's vehicle has ABS, TC, VSC etc, he/she'd have a better chance (however slim it may be) of getting out of a situation that's going to get very very bad very very very quickly.

If driver assist technologies provides you with and extra few moments to regain control, I think it's something worth having.

Don't really care about the hoons who end up killing themselves. It's natural selection. We should all thank them for removing themselves from the collective gene pool so their stupidity cannot be passed on.

My 2.5 c worth, again, indexed for quarterly inflation figures released by the RBA.

BB

PS.

Last night I got stuck in a massive traffic jam on Roe Highway just past the South St offramp westbound. Eventually drove past a mangled wreck of what was once a Supra (I think). Roof was caved in, and what's left of the car was all twisted and decimated. Looked like the fireys also used the jaws of life. I think it was a single vehicle rollover. Definitely a fatality, in my opinion. Betcha excessive speed and possibly alcohol was involved. I laughed at the fact we've got one less of these oxygen thieves on the road. Didn't look like any other car was involved. Judging from the damage on the vehicle and how far the debris trail stretched, the git was definitely doing way way way over the speed limit. Race car driving EPIC FAIL. LOL :yahoo:

I certainly agree

Nothing, everybody on the road should learn how to drive properly. The point is, these are driving AIDS, not Autopilots. These technologies should be in place not so much to save the hoon driver who's being an absolute turkey on th roads, but the poor schmuck who's staring down the barrel of being a road fatality statistic through no fault of their own..

If the poor schmuck's vehicle has ABS, TC, VSC etc, he/she'd have a better chance (however slim it may be) of getting out of a situation that's going to get very very bad very very very quickly.

Thats a good point. I had in my head that my sister has a subaru liberty that has traction control..... 2.5L 4Cyl all wheel drive that has traction control.. Its those sort of decisions that make me shake my head... so I turn it off everytime i drive it.

I would turn it off in the Aurion more if I didn't have to do the brake pumping action

Here is New Aurion 2012, I accidentally found this link on web

http://www.caradvice.com.au/134842/2012-toyota-aurion-revealed-on-sale-in-australia-q1/

the specs are:

3.5-litre V6 petrol engine produces 204kW of power and 346Nm of torque up 4kW/10Nm from 200kW and 336Nm. The six-speed automatic transmission from the current model carries over into the 2012 model.

from my honest opinion I didn't feel much impressed on the new model, they only changed a bit shape and added more AIR BAGS (total 10x) maybe some small things anyway good luck with new Aurion

Edited by Peter Yeh

Still not 100% a fan of the interior. Definitely appears higher quality, but gives me an opinion of belonging to the inside of a Japanese 4x4 - steering wheel is definitely a turn off.

Increase power, fuel economy and less weight is all good, but the differences are very slight and I doubt would make any real world difference between the face lift and previous models. Might be around 0.1 quicker down the 1/4 IMO.

Still not 100% a fan of the interior. Definitely appears higher quality, but gives me an opinion of belonging to the inside of a Japanese 4x4 - steering wheel is definitely a turn off.

Increase power, fuel economy and less weight is all good, but the differences are very slight and I doubt would make any real world difference between the face lift and previous models. Might be around 0.1 quicker down the 1/4 IMO.

More importantly, there's STILL not enough cupholders! :P

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Chinese/ South East Asian Camry A.K.A Aurion launched in China. Available in three models; Camry (2.0G/ 2.5G/ 2.5VN/ 2.5Q), Camry SE (2.0S/2.5S) & Camry Hybrid (Flagship)

Will be interesting to see what Australia's Aurion Sportivo will look like (Either a slightly modified SE bumper, or something unique for Australia.).

9-4-42-2-643224243.jpg

u_201111090352072343736.jpg

u_201111090352214773736.jpg

u_201111090352156583736.jpg

u_201111090351077983736.jpg

Sources:

http://www.autohome.com.cn/advice/201111/262023.html

http://auto.sina.com.cn/z/camry7launch/index.shtml

http://auto.sohu.com/s2011/allnewcamrylaunch/index.shtml

I wen't to a market research on Aurions in Sydney and I believe we are getting the HEV model out here not the SE model for the ATX, Prodigy, Presara types and a custom body kit for the Sportivo.

I saw the beta version of the Sportivo and it looks like trash, It had black plastic everywhere and looked like a bolt on cheap body kit. I hope the negative feedback was taken in. None of the pictures I have seen here are anything like what I saw.

The same muffler inside a muffler is making a comeback......

u_201111090352072343736.jpg