2011/12 Toyota Aurion

moggillsx6

• 2 weeks later...

I still stick to my original comments.

Front looks a mixture of Camry and New Accord Honda. And still not liking the rear lights. Maybe the looks will grow after a while.

Aurion also has a luxury look, until we bought 1... and it rattles.. :lol: :lol:

• Like 1

I’m told that Toyota really wanted to go for the Prestige end of the market with the Middle Eastern Camry which of course will be our new Aurion so there’s lots of bling and chrome to give the car the VIP look. However there still is a Sportivo model or whatever it will be called (possible just SX and ZR)and apparently its a feral in your face looking thing which looks like it has 400hp at the wheels BUT really needs the larger accessory wheel to finish off the tough look. So there is still hope for a pretty special machine :)

However there still is a Sportivo model or whatever it will be called (possible just SX and ZR)and apparently its a feral in your face looking thing which looks like it has 400hp at the wheels BUT really needs the larger accessory wheel to finish off the tough look.

This description is spot on. I've seen the prototype in the flesh and it feral is exactly how I described it. I hope they can the prototype.

However there still is a Sportivo model or whatever it will be called (possible just SX and ZR)and apparently its a feral in your face looking thing which looks like it has 400hp at the wheels BUT really needs the larger accessory wheel to finish off the tough look.

This description is spot on. I've seen the prototype in the flesh and it feral is exactly how I described it. I hope they can the prototype.

lol yes i was told it wouldnt be for everybodis tastes, so we will wait and see. hopefully the accessory wheel will set things off a bit.

• 2 months later...

lol i found out and seen even more yesterday. The images of the Presara we have seen are near as make no difference spot on. Lots of chrome just like the middle eastern and Indonesian markets like as you have to remember this is there "Camry" so a lot of Aurion's design and features and how they like a car to drive are with them in mind this time around.. (Maybe think along the lines of Crown as opposed to G6E or Calais V) However obviously the cars are all retuned for how Australians Tastes and our love for handling and dynamics. Then there is the new Sportivo...... which is well ummm.. Yeah you wouldn’t call it ermm boring? I'd love to go into it further but all this information really is shared with us in confidence but i will say that the information and images that people have posted on here from various links are all heading in the right direction.

IT LOOKS HORRID!

Someone gouge my eyes out....

Back end looks like its from a lexus range and again honda/camry front end...

Interior, well lets just say modding dosen't look like its going to be as simple as our current versions :)

I don't think I'd be buying another Aurion again unless they put in a new engine that actually is worth talking about... unlike the Camry. Since they want to stick with the 2GR I'd imagine, looks like this may be my last Aurion.... hopefully not Toyota too.

I certainly won't be buying another Aurion - They're a nice package, but very limited in what you can do with them and the aftermarket has only provided a token effort in available mods.

I do like the 2GR generally, but I'm disappointed in Toyota not giving the Aurion the same output as the IS350 - that would really give it an edge over the local stock 6 bangers.

The vehicle in the images here will be our "Presara" and unlike the 40 series which was totally designed for the Australian market and created as a "sports sedan" the new 50 series is made with the middle eastern customer in mind and what suits them which is more bling and VIP look rather than "aggressive looking muscular" sporty sedan. From what I’ve heard read and seen i think many current gen Aurion owners particular Sportivo and TRD owners will feel slightly ripped off with the new vehicle. However Presara owners will love the new car. Without anybody taking the ***** i think if i was to replace mine with another Toyota saloon car it may just be the new HSD Camry. Kind of makes the 86 look like the goer for the next bus hmm or a Hilux SR5? We will just have to wait and see if they totally transform the Sportivo model into a package that can back up the way it looks. If so then it will be model that is completely the reverse of its sibling variants. Watch this space!

Huh? Are they out already??? Could have sworn i saw a truck carrying new Aurions that looked slightly different to the current Aurions go past me. I thought they were due out in March?

Huh? Are they out already??? Could have sworn i saw a truck carrying new Aurions that looked slightly different to the current Aurions go past me. I thought they were due out in March?

Yep, they're out. Couple of dealers in Perth already have demonstrators available for test drives and such.

Is the market for upgrades and after market parts generally driven by consumer demand?

I know when i brought my Aurion it was because i was trying toget away from the old me and grow up :)

Little did it work, from the reaction of cars that pull up along side me now and the looks i get from the younger gen.

Thank god it all just peels off and im back to Dad in his aurion!

I dont like the shape, and agree with the comments about honda rippoff.

What i was flawed to see, was they kept the old Boat shaped windows! i thought for sure they would have hooked the rear quarter panel/window like the Lexus! much sexier look.

Is this just a new shell on the old chassis? I think it is... few more extra welds so we are told.

The one thing i liked the most about the Camry when it came out is there was NOTHING that looked like it.

Yep, they're out. Couple of dealers in Perth already have demonstrators available for test drives and such.

Hmm... Looks like I'll need to drive out and have a look.