2011/12 Toyota Aurion

moggillsx6

Little did it work, from the reaction of cars that pull up along side me...

I know what you mean. But when you think about it, they are reusing an engine that was in the Aurion back in 2006. The Aurion can only keep in the game for so long if they choose not to revise their engine.

Let me guess it will look like :

This is a Jap Camry is has a little 2.5 engine but has the bells and whistles of a Lexus.

http://toyota.jp/camry/index.html

I agree DJKOR, the very fact every Toyota in Japan with a 2GR-FE 2GR- FSE (Lexus IS350)is RWD and has 30KW more is starting to make me upset with Toyota Australia!

Edited by nahrsuhsist

... is starting to make me upset with Toyota Australia!

Oh well. No one is forcing you to like them. I'm sure they don't care less if they lose someone because of that. They still manage to have a market regardless.

That aside, build quality or not, At least Holden and Ford Australia change their engines.

That aside, build quality or not, At least Holden and Ford Australia change their engines.

the exact same engine is 32KW more in Japan.

No, they use the 2GR-FSE which has direct injection.

Maybe the next engine will be a 2GR-FSZE............................

Nah, 1UR-FSE would be better, more power than supercharged 2GR-FE, or there new V12 1GZ-FE Yeah!!!!!

Umm, "new" 1GZFE? It's been out since 1997 dude, with no real upgrades. It's a nice engine, though. Completely useless for an Aurion (being north-south only), but still nice.

Umm, "new" 1GZFE?

the 2011 1GZFE VVT-I * a In addition to the adoption of the (continuously variable valve timing mechanism), and reduction of friction by 7.6km / L JC08 mode fuel consumption traveling * 2 run (10.15 mode 7.8km / L fuel economy * 2 to achieve outstanding fuel economy with it), FY 2010 fuel efficiency standards * 3 achieved. In addition, over single or promotion of the exhaust manifold, also low-emission gasification, such as fine particles by high-injector. Has obtained certification from the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport in low-emission vehicle certification system "level 75% lower than 2005 emissions standards."."

Completely useless for an Aurion

Why? there are Toyota's that have similar shape Markx, Genius, Crown, Crown Majesta, Crown Athlete. All have 2gr-fse RWD and AWD. Mentioning AWD because its east west and RWD north south. So that isn't so unpractical in 1 model.

I have submitted my interest to Ironshef he replied that he's ordered a 2011 - 2012 Crown Athelete to a client in Melbourne, total was Same as the Presara In Taxes with negotiating. Going to get some coin together, this is a car I’m very interested inc, a car I can drive for many, many years a real Keeper!!

RWD 2GR-FSE 17-inch disc brake callipers 4-pod, Adopt multi-link double wishbones, front and rear, mono-tube shocks, Rear electronic sun shades, Powered rear seats, Electric tilt and slide moon roof microcomputer Leather and epidermal fabric, Cruise control with active steering control, Tilt and telescopic steering, MANY more!!! Motec make ECU's for the Athlete in Japan too! For the same price as a Prodigy! And has the grunt of a TRD, but no torque steer! :toast: I’d have to be seriously retarded or have marbles in my head to buy a FWD with just a CD/MP3 player and basic plastic rattling interior over this if it's the same price.

Edited by nahrsuhsist

Agreed The TRD and Aurions are cheap sh!T!!! Just a great engine and Gearbox and body car, terrible brakes and suspension a FWD is not for racing guys! it for getting from A to B in winter xmass over in Europe and Asia LOL!!!! if you race a FWD TRD on a track your just in denial! . The Athlete's are amazing I was lucky to test drive one. while not as fast on paper than the TRD they are somehow faster around the track, we got 2:18 on the TRD and 2:15 with an Athelete, possible due to RWD system and more intelligent ECU and engine.

Edited by MartysAurion

I just went to the Asian Toyota site, used Chrome to translate the site didn't know it could do that :P

Yes the Athlete looks like and amazing car!! has more gadgets than our top of the line Holden or Ford. Most of their cars are AWD and RWD I cannot believe it till I saw it. Whats wrong with Australia, After seeing that I will not be upgrading my Aurion, my last payment is next week and I was seriously going to buy a TRD! But not now after reading your comments and going to the Asian site. They also have 255KW RWD sedans that weigh 1550! with crazy technologies I just cannot comprehend.

I cannot see Australia getting these affordable, Powerful, High end quality cars even tho there under 60k because the Government supports GM they wouldn't want our money going to another vehicle manufacture, overseas or here, even if it meant lower Co2 or less deaths on the road.

Umm, "new" 1GZFE?

the 2011 1GZFE VVT-I * a In addition to the adoption of the (continuously variable valve timing mechanism), and reduction of friction by 7.6km / L JC08 mode fuel consumption traveling * 2 run (10.15 mode 7.8km / L fuel economy * 2 to achieve outstanding fuel economy with it), FY 2010 fuel efficiency standards * 3 achieved. In addition, over single or promotion of the exhaust manifold, also low-emission gasification, such as fine particles by high-injector. Has obtained certification from the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport in low-emission vehicle certification system "level 75% lower than 2005 emissions standards."."

Why? there are Toyota's that have similar shape Markx, Genius, Crown, Crown Majesta, Crown Athlete. All have 2gr-fse RWD and AWD. Mentioning AWD because its east west and RWD north south. So that isn't so unpractical in 1 model.

I have submitted my interest to Ironshef he replied that he's ordered a 2011 - 2012 Crown Athelete to a client in Melbourne, total was Same as the Presara In Taxes with negotiating. Going to get some coin together, this is a car I’m very interested inc, a car I can drive for many, many years a real Keeper!!

RWD 2GR-FSE 17-inch disc brake callipers 4-pod, Adopt multi-link double wishbones, front and rear, mono-tube shocks, Rear electronic sun shades, Powered rear seats, Electric tilt and slide moon roof microcomputer Leather and epidermal fabric, Cruise control with active steering control, Tilt and telescopic steering, MANY more!!! Motec make ECU's for the Athlete in Japan too! For the same price as a Prodigy! And has the grunt of a TRD, but no torque steer! :toast: I’d have to be seriously retarded or have marbles in my head to buy a FWD with just a CD/MP3 player and basic plastic rattling interior over this if it's the same price.

So it's possible to get the Athlete here in Australia?

Umm, "new" 1GZFE?

The 1GZFE has ALWAYS had continuously variable VVTi since it's launch in 1997. I repeat, it is NOT a new engine.

AWD in those models isn't an east-west engine, it is still north-south with a transfer case and front diff. Aurions/Camrys are FWD with an east-west engine. Obviously there isn't a physical reason why the 2GRFSE can't fit, but I can think of a bloody good reason why the 1GZ and 1UR wouldn't - exactly how many east-west FWD V12s and V8s have you seen in your lifetime? Hell, there have been barely a handful of FWD straight-sixes (which would be the same length). The Camry/Aurion chassis will stay FWD for several reasons - the cost of changing the entire chassis and drivetrain to RWD would be huge; in a market which is seeing the decline of the big Aussie RWD sedan introducing a whole new chassis or model would be akin to climbing aboard a sinking ship to put up a new flag; and the Camry is FWD everywhere else in the world and Toyota Aus actually exports most of the cars it makes, so it would need to be a global decision.

Huh? Are they out already??? Could have sworn i saw a truck carrying new Aurions that looked slightly different to the current Aurions go past me. I thought they were due out in March?
Yep, they're out. Couple of dealers in Perth already have demonstrators available for test drives and such.
Hmm... Looks like I'll need to drive out and have a look.

Yeah I will also have a look on the long weekend here in perth. If i don't like it, back to what I had before come June as it is EOFYS that time meaning cheaper prices. They may run out the old MY10/11 models come June this year. Just 4 more months hurry up Father Time!

I just went to the Asian Toyota site, used Chrome to translate the site didn't know it could do that :P

Yes the Athlete looks like and amazing car!! has more gadgets than our top of the line Holden or Ford. Most of their cars are AWD and RWD I cannot believe it till I saw it. Whats wrong with Australia, After seeing that I will not be upgrading my Aurion, my last payment is next week and I was seriously going to buy a TRD! But not now after reading your comments and going to the Asian site. They also have 255KW RWD sedans that weigh 1550! with crazy technologies I just cannot comprehend.

I cannot see Australia getting these affordable, Powerful, High end quality cars even tho there under 60k because the Government supports GM they wouldn't want our money going to another vehicle manufacture, overseas or here, even if it meant lower Co2 or less deaths on the road.

Not to mention ADR compliance. :P

Russian-spec Camry A.K.A. Aurion. Came across these two, while surfing through drom.ru (Something like a Russian Cardomain.).

Base/ Mid-spec

57391_24577_add_1.jpeg

57391_24546_add_3.jpeg

57391_24546_add_7.jpeg

http://reviews.drom....ta/camry/57391/

Premium/ Luxury-spec

57161_2.jpeg

57161_6.jpeg

57161_7.jpeg

57161_24261_add_2.jpeg

http://reviews.drom....ta/camry/57161/

Russian-spec grades;

-Comfort (AT-X?)

-Elegance (Prodigy?)

-Elegance Plus

-Premium

-Prestige (Presara?)

-Prestige Plus

-Suite

Russian Camry website http://www.toyota.ru...amry/index.tmex

Vehicle Brochure http://content.toyot...pp.26.09.11.pdf

Accessories Brochure http://content.toyot...mry_new_acc.pdf

Edited by ToyotaFreak

Russian-spec Camry A.K.A. Aurion. Came across these two, while surfing through drom.ru (Something like a Russian Cardomain.).

Base/ Mid-spec

57391_24577_add_1.jpeg

57391_24546_add_3.jpeg

57391_24546_add_7.jpeg

http://reviews.drom....ta/camry/57391/

Premium/ Luxury-spec

57161_2.jpeg

57161_6.jpeg

57161_7.jpeg

57161_24261_add_2.jpeg

http://reviews.drom....ta/camry/57161/

Russian-spec grades;

-Comfort (AT-X?)

-Elegance (Prodigy?)

-Elegance Plus

-Premium

-Prestige (Presara?)

-Prestige Plus

-Suite

Russian Camry website http://www.toyota.ru...amry/index.tmex

Vehicle Brochure http://content.toyot...pp.26.09.11.pdf

Accessories Brochure http://content.toyot...mry_new_acc.pdf

Wow. Hey that's no BS pretty damn fine looking, if ya ask me. DAYMNnnn...

Very nice. Does anyone notice there are now 3 digital displays. I wonder what each do? AND if you look at the last picture. Look at the window buttons. They all look like they light up now. You can see the small bit for the light.

TBH, I really want this car the more I look at it.