Next generation Corolla

2011 just started 5 days ago. i doubt any car manufacturer brings out their new car 5 days after new years. give them some time, i reckon we will get to see a facelift or even new corolla. what we will get to see is a hybrid Auris (Auris being the european twin of the corolla) and theres a new Corolla sedan coming, but i think thats only for the US.

And yes 2007 was the first ZRE.

I don't think they will release a new a new corolla for a while the current sedan has recently had a face lift and in my opinion the facelift looks ****. The tail lights look out of place, the rear bumper is more like one from a lancer and the boot handle is out of proportion. Toyota make great cars, yet they do not maintain a high standard of axceleration required for highway driving. The semi auto shift in the 08 sedan is shocking and you have to floor it to get the power you need. Their are many issues with the current corolla and hopefully they correct them in the next model. If I was in the market fir a new car I would probably opt for something like a Mazda 3 or a larger Toyota.

I saw it on the net yesterday somewhere, 2012 Corolla hatch, there are two pics of it but very heavily disguised, shape looks the same, just looks like another facelift but with Blade tail lights with gaps so they could be part of the disguise,I think they are concentrating on the Hybrid first before a whole new model, will post the link if I can find it again...

2011 just started 5 days ago. i doubt any car manufacturer brings out their new car 5 days after new years. give them some time, i reckon we will get to see a facelift or even new corolla. what we will get to see is a hybrid Auris (Auris being the european twin of the corolla) and theres a new Corolla sedan coming, but i think thats only for the US.

And yes 2007 was the first ZRE.

I thought news about new cars normally start flying around 3 to 6 months before actual launch, and they tend to launch new cars at the beginning of the year due to auto shows in America. No news now means no new cars at the show, which also means no new car for the rest of the year because they have to wait for next round of shows in 2012. That's my guess.

I don't think they will release a new a new corolla for a while the current sedan has recently had a face lift and in my opinion the facelift looks ****. The tail lights look out of place, the rear bumper is more like one from a lancer and the boot handle is out of proportion. Toyota make great cars, yet they do not maintain a high standard of axceleration required for highway driving. The semi auto shift in the 08 sedan is shocking and you have to floor it to get the power you need. Their are many issues with the current corolla and hopefully they correct them in the next model. If I was in the market fir a new car I would probably opt for something like a Mazda 3 or a larger Toyota.

It's going to be between a Corolla Conquest Hatch (sunroof is nice) or Mazda3 Maxx Sport Hatch ($2,000 dearer and no sunroof).

Most car models are on a 6 year cycle with a facelift after 3 and a minor facelift and equipment upgrade at 5 to keep the model still selling.

Keep an eye out for a special edition in the last year ("Edge" or "Sport" for the Corolla) this will usually tell you that a new model is coming out soon, although they have been known to do the special editions just to increase sales too.

I would expect a new model to be released 2013 for the Corolla, I think the ZRE was available from April 2007?

These are just my observations so don't go making large bets with people based on them....