Streaks after washing

Seby123

Hi guys,

some of you might have read the status update, but yea here it is again. I washed my corolla today with a car wash product, did everything like it says on the bottle, but in the end i noticed a few (really not much) white-ish streaks on the doors mostly. Here's a picture:

img_163519dk0.jpg

You can see it just before the door bends. And one in the top left corner.

Was this caused by the product i used? And how can i get rid of it? After spray-waxing the car its barely visible now, but still its there.

1.Which product did you use?

2.What did you use to wipe it down?

3.What did you use to wash the car ie micro mit/sponge etc?

4.Did you do the two bucket system?

5.Did you wash in the sun?

6.and how hot was it today?

1. Armor All Car Wash *runs* its all we had :o

2. I used a microfibre cloth to wipe it down.

3. Sponge

4. No but i used bucket and hose

5. yes

6. 30*C approx.

:D You better run!! :angry::lol::clap:

Ok, dont wash a hot car, or wash a car in the direct sun, not the best for the finish and heat can speed up any "basic" (caustic) effects of a non-neutral wash.

Sponge is ok, but you need to change them very frequently and have a lot of wash to keep it well lubricated. I and a few other here use Megs wash mit, and i think Mothers has a similar product. Best thing ive ever purchased for cleaning..

Try the two bucket method, it ensures no grime/dust particles hang around to cause damage..

Also how old was the wash?

There are a few peoples on here with much more experience than me by far, hopefully one of them can chime in...

ZRE's are notorious for some dribble spots that cause a light white run mark no matter how well you rinse them. Under the side mirrors, and a few either side of the rear window are the main culprits.

Hope that helps if any...

A light liquid polish should remove the marks you have there...

Thanks Pete.

Good that you tell me not to wash a hot car..i thought this was only a problem with waxing.

I might get the Mothers cleaning bag that was reviewed on here, seems to have everything i need to keep my car nice and clean. Also i might ask my dad to pay half of one of those electric polishing machines...his landcruiser could do with a little bit of shinyness.

I know some one that will be free and on the beaches AUSTRALIA DAY (i'm working) that can remove that mess :whistling:

Hm would that guy have a trunk full of cleaning gear by any chance?

We use a speedo (yes the swimmers brand) cloth to wipe the car down after we wash it. its the same size a regular chamois even feels the same and leaves the whole car streak free body and glass. It's also extremely durable we have used the same speedo for the last few years it never goes stinky and never rips. Best product ever. Its super dooper absorbent too swimmers also use it for themselves LOL but it's awesome!! thats why !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...