ATX WHEEL UPGRADE

Waynus

Close to needing new tyres on my ATX (215/60R16 genuine alloys-16x6.5" I think)& considering replacing wheels with 17x7".

Tyres under consideration are 225/50R17 although these seem to be in limited supply with a 95V rating. Other option is 245/45R17 which seem to have quite a bit of brand choice as well as meeting the 95V rating.

My questions are:

1. The ATX load rating with 16" wheels is 95V whereas the higher spec models with 17" wheels is 93V. By upgrading the wheels to 17" do I still have to comply with the 95V rating?

2. Is anyone running 245 tyres on a 17x7" wheel? From what I have read from some tyre retailers sites, the minimum wheel width for 245 seems to be 7.5" but the RimsnTires calculator shows 7" as being okay.

Prefer to get this "from the horse's mouth" if possible.

Presumably there shouldn't be any rubbing issues with 245 - not lowered.

Even though it's not entirely sure why the Sportivo's were specified with a different load rating, even though you are upgrading to wheels of the same size as one, you need to comply to what is specified on your tire placard.

In addition to what Kenpo mentioned above, in my opinion, a 245 wide tire at that profile would be what I consider to be too wide for use on a 7 inch wide wheel.

Why not go to 18" instead of 17", I have 18" x 8" with 235/40/18 tyres with no problems from rubbing

Why didn't you go for 19 instead of 18?

I only put 18" as my insurance company told me i could not go over 2" in diameter larger than standard wheel size so to save any hassels I stuck with 18"

I only put 18" as my insurance company told me i could not go over 2" in diameter larger than standard wheel size so to save any hassels I stuck with 18"

Good call. Basically I was hoping for one of those personal preference moments. Maybe the OP has found a set of 17's that are good for his budget.

Why not go to 18" instead of 17", I have 18" x 8" with 235/40/18 tyres with no problems from rubbing

Why didn't you go for 19 instead of 18?

huh, but doesn't the insurance company care that your running rubber which is more than 3% difference from stock?

G Day

not sure if you have a set on 17s already, however i have the below if your interstead im in sydney

17X7 Alloy wheels 2010 Aurion Presara (set of 4) brand new condtion

Rubber Michelin

215/55 R17 93V

Only Traveled less then 20k

Inc Silver Toyota center caps 4

Inc chrome Toyota bolts with stopper ring washer 20

TTL aud900.00 the lot

tks