looking at spark plugs

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Search the on for the 1.8L 2ZZ-GE which is the engine in our Stivos.

well mines not a sportivo.. so.. is 1ZZ the right one for levin and all??

and also.. did some search on it...

ngk - BKR5EIX-11

denso - Iridium IK16

hyundai uses the same code for the ngk sparks... with hondas and all...

does that mean.. any product with that code will fit on our car?

or it must be toyota BKR5EIX-11????

ngk - BKR5EIX-11

denso - Iridium IK16

what you are seeing on ebay is the seller using keywords to catch searches. that item could be for a civic but could also fit other cars. perhaps you can go talk to an authorised ngk dealer if you are really unsure what you need to get.

• 1 month later...

hmmm...

i know that 1ZZ requires.. only 5 heat value...

but is it ok to use 6?? ive heard from people that... if ur planning to mod ur car... or u constant rev ur car... 1 extra degree will be ok.... is it true???

which is better? TOM's or DENSO??? or NGK

they said... toyota's plugs has a hook.... which denso has it but NGK doesnt have it...

does it make a difference?

the NGK is like half the price of denso and tom's.... is it worth it?!?

to my knowledge toyota for the sportivo version comes standard with iridium spark plugs, but then everyone is talking about the 100k limit on them. - why does toyota change at 40,000km..???

we need to find twin spark iridiums- would be very good..

Tell me guys.

i was at my local toyota dealership today and they have a TRD section i went and had a look and they have TRD spark plug cords. Are they any good?

Tell me guys.

i was at my local toyota dealership today and they have a TRD section i went and had a look and they have TRD spark plug cords. Are they any good?

I am sure the TRD plug leads are quite good, but they will do stuff all for the 1ZZ or 2ZZ. We use 'coil on plug' ie. we dont have plug leads as our coils are built into the spark plug connector :)

to my knowledge toyota for the sportivo version comes standard with iridium spark plugs, but then everyone is talking about the 100k limit on them. - why does toyota change at 40,000km..???

we need to find twin spark iridiums- would be very good..

Toyota doesn't change the Sportivo (2ZZ-GE) spark plugs at 40K kms... it's in the manual under the service register @ 100K kms

Tell me guys.

I am sure the TRD plug leads are quite good, but they will do stuff all for the 1ZZ or 2ZZ. We use 'coil on plug' ie. we dont have plug leads as our coils are built into the spark plug connector :)

ok cool so those were probably for pervious model rollas.

MAP81, wat are u talking about u raving homo... spark plug cables and spark plugs are an easy 15kw atw. coupled with a chip and an intake, surely 20kw shouldn't be a hard ask. we'll be chasing evos b4 we know it. it's all about the NA power-weight ratio... B)

MAP81, wat are u talking about u raving homo... spark plug cables and spark plugs are an easy 15kw atw. coupled with a chip and an intake, surely 20kw shouldn't be a hard ask. we'll be chasing evos b4 we know it. it's all about the NA power-weight ratio... B)

SSSSSHHHHHHH..... we dont want everyone knowing the ultimate performance secrets :P

but i suppose plugs wont make much diff on a 1zz

On a more serious note talk to Danz, he has tried a few different types of plugs... I am using NGK iridium's but to be honest didnt really notice much difference...

Edited by MAP81

i dun need to BEST plugs... but i just wanna know... which would be better... DENSO and TOM's are same price... and NGK is half the price...

dealer said... TOM's are more stable and all.. i dunno

my car has this annoying popping sound from the muff... n someone told me that... changing a better spark might help..

just wanna know.. which would be better.. i hope by just changing the spark would help... so.. id like to know which is better....

i was planning to buy the denso... or tom's before... NIPPON~!!!!! but it seems everyone is using NGK....

anyway.. which is good?

SSSSSHHHHHHH..... we dont want everyone knowing the ultimate performance secrets :P

Well after I put mine in I got wheel spin in 4th gear :D Just increadible!.

Yes seriously, a tiny bit smoother after 4000rpm, a tiny bit easier on the juice, but 2zz's already come irridium plugs.

• 2 months later...

looking at spark plugs and hear ngk are good.

i search their catalogue and find for 1zz the "recommended" part is BKR5EYA-11

this is recommended for the 1zz however there is the iridium "option" of BKR5eIX-11

then i looked at the plug for 2zz and found the "recommended" part is IFR6T11 however there was no mention of iridium.

does anyone know is that is right? there is no iridium option for 2zz by ngk? or is that part standard with iridium but i think if it was it would have IX in the code.

interesting that when i looked at the import being fielder/runx the "recommended" part is the same as the 1zz. error?

If you look at www.ngksparks.com it gives a different alternative list to the Aust NGK site...I called them and they could not explain....particularly annoying when I bought 6 iridium plugs which are recommended in US but not here?...