Plug and "Play" Traction Control kit

Steven

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think everyone needs to remember this should not be used for street use, its is for track use only. Everyone here is responsible and would never disable traction control/abs on the streets. :)

Overall, the safety aspect of the discussion gets a higher priority in the topic. As a result, I am re-drawing the circuit and will post it in the appropriate thread.

the only issue is that brake/handbrake etc sequence keeps the VSC off until you turn the car off and restart it. The main benefit of this system is that you can switch it on and off at will.

Your point is valid, but I couldn't justify spending that much money on the system, if money wasn't an issue, or if it was much cheaper, then I'd definitely get one

Much the same reason its a no from me. Its like buying bottled water - sure, it takes a bit longer to get water out the tap and chill it in the fridge, but I can't justify $3.50 for a bottle of the same stuff that comes out of my taps for free.

$250 for the kit sounds reasonable considering the effort you guys would be putting into developing it, but for the amount of use I'd get from it, I'd sooner pay that for, say, a stapler. For those that would get the use, though, it seems like a good thing.

TCS or not, at the end of the day it's still FWD, so what's the point?

It may be a FWD, but its still quicker than your GTFour. ;)

OH SNAP!! haha

Well not much research behind this but possibly it switches TRC and VSC off but leaves ABS, BA & EBD on.

&& on a side note despite the motoring worlds thought that Aurion’s TRC and VSC is over reactive i actually find it only chips in when it really needs too particular VSC, TRC is a little easier to provoke but usually only in the situations that DJ has pointed out above other than that drive them with even a little bit of skill and you shouldn’t have the DRIVER AID SAFETY NETS spoiling your day too much.

After discussing it with DJKOR we have mutually decided to cancel this EOI and close this thread. We appreciate the feedback given, both for and against such a kit and in the end we've decided against it for 2 reasons.

First is that we only ever intended to provide this kit so that those keen on this mod regardless of the implications could do so without having to undertake the apparent daunting task of cutting up their ECU harness and installing semi-complex circuits. Unfortunately we feel there is too much negative opinion on various matters that whilst valid seem to indicate a hard set stance against the kit that may influence sales to the point where it isn't financially viable.

Secondly, and equally as important, is the availability of parts. The idea was to have an initial run of about 10 or so "kits" whilst able to either continue production if required or pull the plug with minimal financial loss if uptake wasn't as hoped. After discussions with many suppliers it appears as though all parts would have to be custom fabricated and any OEM components involved would also attract a high price. This means any run of kits less than 100 units would result in a very high price to the consumer which is likely to place this kit in the "why bother" bin. I can't estimate that price exactly but it appears to be in excess of $500 and we simply do not have the capital to fund the development of the kit given the limited interest.

Personally I thank everyone who contributed to this thread - the other threads will remain open so that any wishing to DIY can ask questions or get answers if they want to give it a go themselves.