front jdm style tow hook

private number

Hey fellas, i know i have a gen 6 camry but id assume that this wouldnt matter in this case;

Im looking into buying a front jdm style tow hook. I know the towing point at the front would be to the right of the car and if you ever needed to use it, just open your trunk and get out the stock tow hook, however im looking into a jdm style one i can keep there all the time. Is there any available for the aurion? and if anything, does anyone know what specs i should be looking out for when looking for the jdm style tow hook/hitch?

Any help will be much appreciated.

cheers

private

I'm keen to see how this goes, gave me an idea of another mod I can put in my future list :ph34r:

Also, couldn't you just use a generic hook with the same thread pattern? Rather than one specifically made for your car

I like these ones

TOW_HOOK3.jpg

TOW_HOOK_small.JPG

Or just massacre your current hook (If you already have one) cut it off at the end of the thread and weld it to one of these^

Hmmm... This may go on my mod list now :P

Good point! yeah i like that a lot. Might get a spare "front tow hook cover" just to clean the look up so there wont be a massive black square left in the bumper. If i got the generic one like you suggested, what thread pattern should i look for?

I wouldn't have a clue tbh, that's why I'd suggest weld your current thread bolt to the new hook, you wouldn't notice it was Frankensteined either, because the back of the weld would be a little bit into the bumper, IMO that would be your best bet...

btw, I just ninja'd your mod :P

I'm on eBay atm getting one

They 100% fit the aurion/camrys lee?

Nah no idea if it's just for Aurion/Camry,mounting looks similar to the above pictured hook but the Rennline looks hawt,i'm sure a man of your talents could make it fit and as you said it's just for show and not for tow. :D

oh fo sure. ill go sus it out. thanks lee! And sup with your new sig? is that your ride? :o

Haha the new sig pic,yeah it's my ride with the last few mods i want to do photoshopped into it...hopefully this will motivate me to do my brakes and headlights & foggies this year. :D

oh fo sure. ill go sus it out. thanks lee! And sup with your new sig? is that your ride? :o

Haha the new sig pic,yeah it's my ride with the last few mods i want to do photoshopped into it...hopefully this will motivate me to do my brakes and headlights & foggies this year. :D

Sorry for being totally off topic but I'm loving your new sig Lee :D

On topic I'd have no idea where you could mount it......oh wait, scratch that, I think I know of the cover as it popped out whilst driving through flood waters.

Sorry for being totally off topic but I'm loving your new sig Lee :D

On topic I'd have no idea where you could mount it......oh wait, scratch that, I think I know of the cover as it popped out whilst driving through flood waters.

I agree. Im liking it a lot mate. Hope you get it all done! Looks low as too! Lovin it

Anyway, back on topic, yep thats where you would mount it! The square cover on the front pops right out.