Camry Hybrid KM's from Full Tank

Clem

Picked up a new hybrid camry H last tuesday did 883 km from the first tank before filling up 53 litres

Works out to 6/L 100km with 50/50 in town and freeway with still 12/L left in the tank, the fuel light comes on very early like a lot of new cars.

Would easy get 1000 out of a tank, i put bp 98 in will see if it makes a difference.Ps all driving in normal mode dont like the eco.

6 is good with the eco button off (I'm averaging 5.8 over 4500kms since new)

I am used to driving with the eco button on (still climbs hills with ease and easy passing too )

I guess you would get used to it in eco mode but saving 30 cents per 100 km i would rather the extra power, but thats just me.

Picked up a new hybrid camry H last tuesday did 883 km from the first tank before filling up 53 litres

Works out to 6/L 100km with 50/50 in town and freeway with still 12/L left in the tank, the fuel light comes on very early like a lot of new cars.

Would easy get 1000 out of a tank, i put bp 98 in will see if it makes a difference.Ps all driving in normal mode dont like the eco.

I am used to driving with the eco button on (still climbs hills with ease and easy passing too )

I guess you would get used to it in eco mode but saving 30 cents per 100 km i would rather the extra power, but thats just me.

With me driving and in different environment conditions, not sure how much difference the eco button makes (but $3 a tank sounds realistic)

For my next tank I might try with the eco button off, but after 3 or 4 years of driving for economy it maybe a hard habit to break LOL

With me driving and in different environment conditions, not sure how much difference the eco button makes (but $3 a tank sounds realistic)

For my next tank I might try with the eco button off, but after 3 or 4 years of driving for economy it maybe a hard habit to break LOL

Yeah it depends what your used to, i stepped out of a fg xr6 turbo into this, so going from 12 to 13L/100km to 6 i am pretty happy.

Yeah it depends what your used to, i stepped out of a fg xr6 turbo into this, so going from 12 to 13L/100km to 6 i am pretty happy.

My last two cars were a 2010 Hybrid (6.3 LPH) and a 2008 Hyundai i30 Diesel (5.4 LPH) ... I can see why you are happy :-)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I own a 2012 Camry Hybrid since new and I am averaging 3.9L/100kms. On a full tank of fuel, I get about 1350kms. I fill the car up every 3 weeks. The driving consist of city & suburban driving.

Must be very flat area that you live in (Still averaging 5.7 after 13,000 Kms) Around 50/50 City/Highway with quite a few short trips in the mix, 7kms to work each day..

• 3 months later...

Dear All,

Just got my Camry Hybrid H last Tuesday. Some of the fuel consumptions noted here are awesome like below 6L/100KM. I am wondering, are you guys using the pulse and glide technique while driving or you're using the normal driving? I have not driven my camry much since I have got it. So far, my average consumption is about 6.4 to 7L/100KM.

Hi Chris, Congrats on your new Hybrid (Good choice) ;-)

I sort of use the pulse and glide technique. I ease up to the posted speed limit and then feather the accelerator to keep it there.

I try to keep the car in EV mode as much as I can without being obsessive and I don't have to drive like a grandpa to do it.

I have settled on 34 PSI all round as the best compromise between economy and ride and do most of the other recommended things to save fuel like anticipating red/green lights etc..

Cheers,

Darryl

Thanks Darryl,

I have only come across the pulse and glide technique yesterday. So I would need sometime to practice. at the moment I have 58KM on the clock and doing avg 7.2L/100KM. I assume the car needs to run in abit to achieve the 5-6L/100KM.

You might also zero your l/100km display if you have not already done so, to eliminate any reading put on before you took delivery. Also, if you are only doing short trips, consumption will suffer, as it never fully warms up.

Redards, coolscan

Thanks coolscan,

I drive the car from home to train station everyday and round trip is approx 15km if i am going to the office otherwise, i'll drive to client's office. Also I'll do some long distance drivings this weekend and let's see how it goes.

Thanks Darryl,

I have only come across the pulse and glide technique yesterday. So I would need sometime to practice. at the moment I have 58KM on the clock and doing avg 7.2L/100KM. I assume the car needs to run in abit to achieve the 5-6L/100KM.

No worries, 58 kms is not enough to get a true idea. For example, I can "hurry" through some of a winding targa roads down here in Tassie and push it up over 7 Lph. Then, when I get back into the towns and traffic it comes back down to 6 or lower (for that trip)

Here is another example... If I drive from Devonport to Launceston at or near the 110 kph limit, the mileage eases up to maybe 6.3 or higher as I approach half way (Deloraine) which is 300 or 400 metres above sea level. However, it falls back below 6 Lph as I approach Launceston which is closer to sea level.

I think the economy will improve a little bit over time, but not much.

Also, have anyone here got an aftermarket fog light fitted to the hybrid H? If yes, please advise how much? Also was planning to buy a usb hub for the centre console to play ipod and charge my phone at the same time. Anyone try that before? as in using a usb hub.

Also, have anyone here got an aftermarket fog light fitted to the hybrid H? If yes, please advise how much? Also was planning to buy a usb hub for the centre console to play ipod and charge my phone at the same time. Anyone try that before? as in using a usb hub.

Hi Chris,

I've got some off ebay from the USA (installed but not wired up yet) Looks like you can get them locally now...

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Toyota-Camry-2012-2013-Front-Bumper-Bar-Spot-Lights-Set-Fog-Lamps-Kit-Hybrid-/130813262701?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A2012%7CModel%3ACamry&hash=item1e7513fb6d&_uhb=1

I believe the OEM ones from the dealer are 3 or 4 times this price...

Here's my H wit them installed...

Hybrid3_zpsc0020585.jpg~original

• 7 months later...

Hi Darryl,

Your car look really nice. Nice photos as well. I like your car colour, look very classy. As we are getting a demo one in white so didn't have much choices of colour.. by the way I was wondering how much did you pay for the rear spoiler, including installation? Is it a genuine Toyota accessory? Thank you.

Cheers,

Tran

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

You'll improve on your 7.9. I have the earlier model and I get 7.1during summer and aircon uses at least 10% extra fuel. Published figures would be without air running. Mine looks to be tuned for max economy at 60 and no more than 100 in the country.

Your instruments give good clues on how to drive economically. For instance at 60 if you are very steady on the throttle you can have the motor shut down and it will run on the battery for quite a long way. I also find it is more economical to go the shortest route even if there are lights and extra traffic.

Best of luck.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Darryl,

Your car look really nice. Nice photos as well. I like your car colour, look very classy. As we are getting a demo one in white so didn't have much choices of colour.. by the way I was wondering how much did you pay for the rear spoiler, including installation? Is it a genuine Toyota accessory? Thank you.

Cheers,

Tran

Sorry Tran, just found your post!

I got it as part of the deal (in negotiations) It is Genuine Toyota.

I don't think they are very expensive, I'm guessing around A$200 + maybe A$80 for fitting or pretty easy to fit yourself!

• 2 years later...

Avg 6 - 6.2L per 100km. 

860km a tank on city and country

sometime 3.5L+ per 100km on wind south and drive to south pretty cool, wind south and drive to north over 6L+ per 100km. 

sometime motor start rough 7.4L+ per 100km take to service and clean injectors better fuel number about 5-6.2L per 100km

• 1 year later...

I average 5.1-5.5l/100km's in my hybrid, its almost all around town driving, get about 1000-1100 out of a tank.

I find if im on the freeway, it goes up to around 6-7l/100km, i also didnt see any difference in distance if i filled up with 98, 95 or e10, but if i used normal 91 unleaded, i get less out of it

• 3 years later...

I bought my TCH only on 23rd Mar 2021 with full tank. In eight days I have driven about 524 KM with the distance remaining to the fuel pump is showing 454 KM. The average distance per litre is showing 23.8 KM for the total trip. I have been driving in the normal mode only.