Bluetooth Handsfree

phoenixrolla

Hi,

Need to install a bluetooth handsfree kit.....decided against the visor clip on types.....too easy to forget and too easy to steal....so decided on an in dash type....thinking of parrot but don't like the little lcd that comes with....so thinking now on a head unit.....not too sure on which Corolla models comes with bluetooth....thinking it's only the 2011 model.....if so wonder what the replacement unit is worth and can I mod it to fit in a 2003 Corolla or am I better off and is it less expensive to simply buy a single din after market unit and go with that??? Also I am looking for a wired mic and not in dash one if possible....thank you for your input....

Hi,

Need to install a bluetooth handsfree kit.....decided against the visor clip on types.....too easy to forget and too easy to steal....so decided on an in dash type....thinking of parrot but don't like the little lcd that comes with....so thinking now on a head unit.....not too sure on which Corolla models comes with bluetooth....thinking it's only the 2011 model.....if so wonder what the replacement unit is worth and can I mod it to fit in a 2003 Corolla or am I better off and is it less expensive to simply buy a single din after market unit and go with that??? Also I am looking for a wired mic and not in dash one if possible....thank you for your input....

Update - found a second hand Alpine CDE-103BT for $260 - who thinks should jump at it - cheap way out of the problem I think.......

Brought the unit.....but having a dog of a time trying to find a wiring harness adaptor for it now....anyone got any ideas.....tried what Supercheap gave me....it didn't fit.....so wondering what next....thought there would be a quick connect adaptor these days.....I don't want to have to mod one...thanks for any tips folks..

they are not that hard to install

I done the Sony Ericsson car kit before at it was easy as pie. Just need to know where to find power in the wiring loom and your off ;)

I'm free most weekends ;)

Hey Mate I have the same player in my rolls ATM. It's fantastic with built in Bluetooth and the high speed connection to iphone and iPod.

Look I installed it from the original wiring harness all I done was pretty much pop out the wiring clips from the stock harness and then run the wire through the back of the alpine harness. Just got to make sure that they make proper connectivity.

So if you ever need to seek your rolla in the futur u just pop the wires back out and put the straight back in the original harness takes 5 min.

You just got to have a multimeter to check the Acc lights and 12V continue and all.

Thanks for the offers of help and all advice......have got it installed now and it's working great......one of the best things I have done for the car...

Well done :)