2004 Echo Modifications

Shawn22

Hi all,

I currently own a blue Toyota Echo (2004). At the moment it is completely standard, and I am interested in making some cheapish but noticeable modifications.

If anyone could give me a hand compiling a list, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks! :D

post-23340-0-70887500-1298772532_thumb.j

Yeah it's not bad for a 1.3L, I don't really want to add a lot of performance however, especially because I am on my L's and a lot of performance upgrades are banned for me. I was thinking more along the lines the cosmetic, but all I can think of on the spot is maybe some 15" or 16" alloys, and maybe even a new sound system (preferring one with iPhone connectivity).

Echo's respond very well to slightly lowered springs with good quality shocks, and when partnered with light weight 15" wheels and grippy tyres, will out handle a lot of other cars.

Apart from reducing the weight of the car, there is not a lot that can be done to the motor that will provide decent gains.

Interior, exterior and audio changes are a personal choice.

That sounds alright, I realise that if I want performance I am better off buying another car (which I am not doing). So visual looks like the way to go. Alloys, body kit and maybe a new sound system are in the equation, any other ideas??? :D

What would make for a good suspension upgrade?

King Lows... 16" Rims - but make sure u get ur offset right because if you lower it and put rims on that are too wide u'll hit ur wheel arches and scrub every time u go around a corner from body roll.... As well as this you could possibly look at front and rear sway bars and a front strut brace... This will assist in stiffening the ride and reducing body roll...

Body kits are OK, but in my opinion, on a lot of cars they look a bit ****y, but once again thats a personal choice thing and more than likely depends on the style of the body kit - some can look good... I prefer the no kit and slammed suspension look lol...

Engine-wise you could look at some sort of a short ram air intake or full cold air intake system with pod filter and heat sheild... The throttle body off a 1.5L engine providing it fits, and a full exhaust with headers, hi flow cat, and some sort of hi flow muffler...

It all depends on how much you want to spend. These are all the cheap options to make the car look nice, respond a little quicker and handle better and make it a little more tough. This is pretty much the same formula I use when I mod a car because I'm cheap and nasty and usually can't afford to get good things done to the internals of engines... lol...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Weapon-R-Secret-Air-Intake-Toyota-ECHO-00-04-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem5adaf88267QQitemZ390220776039QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/WEAPON-R-DRAGON-RAM-AIR-INTAKE-00-04-TOYOTA-ECHO-NEW-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQfitsZMakeQ3aToyotaQ7cModelQ3aEchoQQhashZitem45eeb89f49QQitemZ300357820233QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

these are the kinds of things I'm talking about, although I can't vouch for this seller as I don't have an Echo and haven't tried any of their other gear, but eBay is your friend...

not sure if there are any companies that make kits locally however its all down to research...

i agree with rob323,

lightweight 15" rims and sticky tyres and try and maintain a higher speed through twisties.

The second you slow down too much, everything will overtake you, even old people in those mobile armchair scooters

whitestivo