Winton Raceway 2011

Snapped 100's of pics at the track today...i will post up some good ones over the next few days,stay tuned.

2n6pfb.jpg

2h87bq8.jpg

early morning peek...perfect weather :D

116qqki.jpg

we know who this is...it's number 47 :yahoo:

5po0mb.jpg

73plcy.jpg

ogweg8.jpg

nmwx12.jpg

track ready....

4uuowp.jpg

Trung doin his thang

x6bjvm.jpg

Mr Orange

2yoxu94.jpg

HMAS Benji...top effort mate,did us proud :clap:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as promised some more pics....

r8ruxd.jpg

3146nuu.jpg

ej8ol2.jpg

Go car 40 :clap:

skvl1u.jpg

wicked EVO...and was drivin like it should be,flat out B)

1zconsm.jpg

jskills beast

30212d1.jpg

sorry mate but every pic of you on track is a little blurry...you were to quick :D

2dtaaok.jpg

heres another one buddy

wiwea.jpg

zlt3ia.jpg

who is that in the dust facing the wrong way...looks like a rolla :lol:

yeah, they were in all same group and each individual group gets about 15mins on the track and rotates around.

Overall was a good day, thanks Trung for organizing it even though i wasn't tracking my car. Also thanks J for letting me be a passenger, wasn't expecting to be one! :D

Edited by alistersh

Sweet pics up already :D We are spoiled blush.gif

Love the action pic of Abby...she looks hot wub.gif

Thanks for taking pics Lee, I'm sure they all turned out brilliantly :D

I'd gladly represent the "boats" of this forum ;) Oh and I pulled a 1:53.025 after you and Dale left cool.gif

Kenshin X has the best explanation of the difference between under-steer and over-steer, power and torque I have ever seen. lmao

Edited by 01 VEY

First off, thanks to all the guys who made the trip; competitors and spectators. This track day has been one of the best track days I could have asked for with great company and weather to boot. For the most part, everything went smoothly albeit a few small issues but regardless the day progressed well and no one had any real major issues (except for Corolla Lee). The good thing about you Toyota guys' is the friendly competition and camaraderie that exists within the group. Some of us have never met as some guys are on the Corolla forums but we mixed well. An example would be Jay (Jskills) allowing Alister (friend who came to spectate) to ride shotgun in a session having never met each other before. And while I was tending to a few things, Casey was giving Lee a hand after his bingle with the photo hut.

At the end of the day, Anthony/Tony (MR2) said he had a great day and that we were a great bunch of guys, all level headed and very approachable; I have to commend you guys on that and helping each other out when/where you can. Keep up the good work and now onto the pics, gogogo!

Great day guys, much better turnout in regards to Forum members, competiting or not. Thanks to all the club guys who made the effort to come spectate and support us. Meant a lot. Thanks to Trung aka Dorifto for organising the event and accomodation making sure we all had a place to sleep, and esp organising to have our own group even though a Falcon V8 joined us later??? WTF? lol.

I managed to squeeze another second off my PB in the first session for a 1.55.8650 on street tyres and no coils. RE001s, your days are over.

Big shoutout to Benji, *aurion reprezent* for doing so well [sTILL ROLLING ON STOCK HEIGHT!! BODYROLL BROTHERS FTW!] 1.53, i was very impressed indeed. Sorry you couldnt get a bay with us benji, next time head up with us the night before. B)

Big shoutout to Duy who smashed his PB by 3seconds for a 1.51 and Trung for getting a new PB of 1.47 *cornering with 3 wheels half in the air and whatnot* never seen anyone more stoked that day for gettin that PB. lol :D

Great to see pete and jay for giving it a go too. Good to see what the zres are capable of with coilovers. And pete aka Dwee managed a 1.55.7120 after Trung showed him how to improve his racing line.. NOoOOoOOO PETER BET ME!!! :( :spiteful:

Anyways, great day, great drive, great cars, great people, great track day.

im semi retired now... although i think i can still improve my time with my current set up... lol... =]

here is the other actual video guys...(might wanna fast forward a bit)

Fastest Lap of 1:51.1160

enjoy! :lol:

Great day guys, much better turnout in regards to Forum members, competiting or not. Thanks to all the club guys who made the effort to come spectate and support us. Meant a lot. Thanks to Trung aka Dorifto for organising the event and accomodation making sure we all had a place to sleep, and esp organising to have our own group even though a Falcon V8 joined us later??? WTF? lol.

I managed to squeeze another second off my PB in the first session for a 1.55.8650 on street tyres and no coils. RE001s, your days are over.

Big shoutout to Benji, *aurion reprezent* for doing so well [sTILL ROLLING ON STOCK HEIGHT!! BODYROLL BROTHERS FTW!] 1.53, i was very impressed indeed. Sorry you couldnt get a bay with us benji, next time head up with us the night before. B)

Big shoutout to Duy who smashed his PB by 3seconds for a 1.51 and Trung for getting a new PB of 1.47 *cornering with 3 wheels half in the air and whatnot* never seen anyone more stoked that day for gettin that PB. lol :D

Great to see pete and jay for giving it a go too. Good to see what the zres are capable of with coilovers. And pete aka Dwee managed a 1.55.7120 after Trung showed him how to improve his racing line.. NOoOOoOOO PETER BET ME!!! :( :spiteful:

Anyways, great day, great drive, great cars, great people, great track day.

Well put Johnnie! And for the record; my antics and shenanigans after getting my PB was/is a one-off occurence. It will never happen again 'cause I can't get close to my new PB. That 1.47 run was a one-off haha

Damn, that was close at 12.45 Lucky you corrected, thats the worse thing to see coming around a corner, someone spun out facing you on track. Ekk!

yeah u dont think when u drive... not in that situation. planned 3 steps ahead if the correction didn't work john. at the time i didn't know that he had actually hit the hut. i thought he was still ok and then i saw peter slow down and the red stop light flash. it wasn't until whitney told me after that i knew... :(

poor guy, he took it really well though... top bloke! ;)

i'll make a movie showing all the people who span out in my car and the close calls i've had and i'll post them online... my heart is still thumping after i see that section

Any of my spins? I did a spectacular 360 lost midway into the sweeper; flying off the track and creating dust-mayhem! That's when Johnnie came to save the day, getting the stone out wedged between my semi and my Rota's haha! I love you bro :)