How many km's has your Kluger done?

matt_kluger

I also use 98,BP ultimate or SHELL V POWER,but mostly BP ultimate,I find it the best fuel for the kluger,the engine runs smoother and the throttel responcr is better,its a pity the price difference against normal unleaded.

• 2 weeks later...

wow so highest is 188? I just picked up a grande with 130k on the clock, I do 500-700km per week, already done 2k in the short spell.

I would probably do 30k in 12 months so wont take long to hit 200k. fuel economy on premium averaging 12.7, probably 50:50 hwy/back streets.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

My kluger just clocked over 90000kms and she still running like clock work, no problems yet and drives as good the day I got her almost a year ago, she ready for her 90000kms service, which shouldnt be too bad price wise.

I had 102000kms on my kluger before I sold her,at the end of october last year and purchased a brand new 2013 hilux 4x4 dualcab,I would of loved a 200 series but were way out of my price bracket,I originally was going to replace the kluger with a used prado 150 series v6 petrol,but the prados i was looking at higher klms on them than what the kluger had and they were doing such good deals on brand new hiluxes,I couldnt refuse,this is my first new car out of 10 cars and in 18 years of owning cars ,I originally was going to buy a v6 petrol hilux,but they were only doing the deals on diesels and the petrols at the time were dearer,so the diesel made more sense,diesels have better resle value,the d4d goes better than I exspected,im reasonably happy with it,I miss the perler of a v6 in the kluger though and the smooth ride,but oh well you cant have everything I quess.

I would like to thank every one on this forum when I owned my kluger for all the great information and help,its being brilliant and I have enjoyed it very much,this isnt good bye from me on the contrary,I will still be over here in the kluger section joining in with topics and posts.

The kluger has been absolute brilliant car and would buy another in a heart beat,I miss the old girl and I have seen it around town a couple of times since I sold it,these cars are absolute great value for money,plenty of power with great fuel economy very comfortable with loads of space.

The only reason I sold the kluger was I going to do some remote 4wd trips and want to see some of australia and do remote bush travel.

• 2 weeks later...

135,000km in my 07 KXR 2wd. Still original battery and wipers, in fact all still original except the windscreen which succumbed to a brick sized gibber thrown up by a road train in the N.T. The 2 Dunlop tyre sets each did 60K+.

I couldn't be happier.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Just done 140k on our 08 grande. All good with full service history with Toyota dealer.

DVD got jammed but now have a IPad interface module that plays through the DVD selector

and can listen to all my favourite songs. Was quoted $500 to fix DVD. No way hose'!

• 2 weeks later...

wow when i started this topic I hit 36,000 kms in my 2005 Kluger in April 2011. Sold it at 50,000kms and bought another kluger (2011 model) which has just hit 24,000kms.

• 2 months later...

After 7 years and 150,000km, I have just traded my 2007 KXR 2wd 7 seater in pearl white on a 2012 KXR awd 7 seater in pearl white. Yes, even the neighbours won't notice I've upgraded unless they pick the chrome trims and different headlights.

The original ran faultlessly, was still on its original battery and wipers, in fact the only things that wore out were two sets of tyres which did 60,000km per set and a windscreen.

Most of my driving was very long distance trips and around a quarter of that was on unsealed roads in far western QLD and N.T. where we do a lot of camping. The most challenging and testing was negotiating the sand hills into Haddens Corner which for a 2wd car I thought was remarkable especially on the original Dunlop tyres.

We went for another KXR as it is the only model which has lay flat seats to enable us to turn the seats into beds whilst keeping our camping gear in the rear and we went for awd this time as we wanted a little more security so we can drive into some out of the way places that we have been reluctant to tackle in 2wd. The Kluger has to be the most comfortable to drive "campervan" available.

The new car is an ex Hertz rental with 50,000km and 6 months factory warranty in pristine condition and feels even better and quieter than my original. With better headlights, the newer radio with voice commands, USB and bluetooth, I have everything I need for more exploring.

• 4 weeks later...

08 grande awd. My father bought it new and I bought it off him in January at 149 000 it now has 176000 love the car worst problem I've had was the infamous oil line rupture on the 2gr. Got it fixed and it is still a very nice car.

• 5 weeks later...

Gday. New here. First post.

127000km. Purchased in 2009 with 23000km, 1 year old. Doing about 20000km per year.

Great car. Reliable, comfortable, no problems since purchased. Just regular book services all the way through. (Hope it stays that way.)

Generally keep my cars for 3-4 years. I've had this one for 5 years now - but can't think of a logical reason to change.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 years later...
17 hours ago, Allan 25 said:

Just bought a my13 Kluger awd kx-s very clean and drives like new with 221k on it, Hopefully will see me out as only do about 8k year

Hi Allan.
My 2012 KXR is about to roll up 100,000 soon.
With the 200,000+ k's on yours I would be making sure the cooling system is A1. 
How old is the coolant? is it the right type? has the water pump been replaced? all hoses in good condition?
If a cooling system fails or is neglected it can mean serious damage to the motor and a lot of $$$s.
Next would be using good oil & filter... change every 10,000km using full synthetic and either Ryco or Toyota oilfilter.
Good luck with the new car.  I still love driving mine after 7.5 years.

• 1 year later...

A few years back, I visited my accountant who had an early model of Kluger, not the first Gen, the one after and at the time it had well over 300,000 Kays on it and still going strong. He only sold it to upgrade to latest model, which he still has and I will put money the old one is still going.

The secret to longevity is good maintenance. Change your oil regularly. Between 8 and 10k intervals using high quality fully synthetic oil. Less if used in extreme conditions.

• Like 1

Only have 115,000 on my 2012 KXR 2WD so far and all is well.  Put new tyres on it recently.  I went with Michelin's again after getting 80,000 out of the old set.  I could have got another 20k out of them but I found a good price on a new set and went with it.

A friend in the USA has a series 1 Highlander (Kluger) with 300,000 miles on it (480,000 km?) and it has had only regular servicing and the usual consumables replaced.

• 2 months later...
On 11/17/2019 at 3:36 PM, Allan 25 said:

Just bought a my13 Kluger awd kx-s very clean and drives like new with 221k on it, Hopefully will see me out as only do about 8k year

I just gave my 2011 Kluger to my daughter with 405000 kms on it. Still going strong! (always serviced)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Nidecker said:

I just gave my 2011 Kluger to my daughter with 405000 kms on it. Still going strong! (always serviced)

Regular servicing is the secret to longevity. Hope the new "custodian" realises this. 

• Like 1