Brake Options - Standard Aurion

Steven

Whilst it's true the TRD package would just and we mean just fit on the standard 17's. Would you have to consider cooling of the brakes? on the TRD's you have plenty of space around the rotors for cold air to find its way through and in the veins on the 17's it’s a tight fit and cool air isn’t as free to move around the rotor surely this would have to affect the performance of the brakes?

Still though the Kluger package is a good option and should work 90% as well as the TRD package with its thicker rotors and aluminium callipers. :)

Whilst it's true the TRD package would just and we mean just fit on the standard 17's. Would you have to consider cooling of the brakes? on the TRD's you have plenty of space around the rotors for cold air to find its way through and in the veins on the 17's it’s a tight fit and cool air isn’t as free to move around the rotor surely this would have to affect the performance of the brakes?

Still though the Kluger package is a good option and should work 90% as well as the TRD package with its thicker rotors and aluminium callipers. :)

There is still a fair bit of clearance for the rotors so I doubt cooling would be an issue, they'll still far out perform the factory brakes.

And true, this upgrade isn't as good as the TRD which was designed for performance but like you said it will come very close and at about half the outlay (unless you want to buy everything new from Toyota, in which case the TRD is the better option)

There is still a fair bit of clearance for the rotors so I doubt cooling would be an issue, they'll still far out perform the factory brakes.

And true, this upgrade isn't as good as the TRD which was designed for performance but like you said it will come very close and at about half the outlay (unless you want to buy everything new from Toyota, in which case the TRD is the better option)

Yeah right well if there is still enough room to make it all work fine then you have done a top job. true the TRD package is designed from the word go to stop cars hard and fast all day every day and things like its 32mm diameter rotors and aluminium callipers attest to this but the Kluger set up is a fantastic middle ground between the standard package that stop the car well for day to day use and still stands up well for a couple of decent stops and the TRD package that stop Aurion very hard for days. For the dough it will cost it’s hard to go wrong! Improved performance and looks for a very reasonable outlay!

... true the TRD package is designed from the word go to stop cars hard and fast all day every day and things like its 32mm diameter rotors and aluminium callipers attest to this...

I kind of have to LOL at that. You are sounding like a salesman now. The rotors and callipers are of a design from a car built in the late 90's. Personally, yes they are decent brakes, but they aren't exactly high performance when you consider the upper offerings from other car manufacturers have way better brakes than the TRD offering.

Realistically, the difference in performance between the Kluger brakes and the 'TRD' ones is not going to be a huge deal on the streets... even with spirited driving. Given the value of the modification as well, bang for your buck probably works out much better than the TRD ones.

Agreed with DJKOR, the TRD brakes are a fanastic bit of gear but they won't compare to most "performance" brakes out there. They're well suited for street work and you're unlikely to hit their limits on the road, but take it to a track and you'll be wishing for better stoppers eventually.

As a note of interest, my current gen3 brakes are also very capable and I find I have to push them very hard to get them to fade - far more than needed with the standard brakes. I also used DBA4000 slotted rotors with QFM pads in the stock arrangement for a bit and can say the gen3 outperforms them too (with regular RDA slotted rotors).

I expect the Kluger brakes to go even further. Based on my experience, I think the scale is something like:

STOCK ---> DBA4000s + pads ---> 320mm rotors + Gen3 calipers ---> 329mm rotors + Kluger calipers ---> TRD

lol well i am in sales and marketing haha...

& yes whilst its true compared to the current crop of HSV's. FPV's AMG's Liberty GT etc the brake package does look under done on the TRD's but it also good to remember there stopping a car that weighs 9 city blocks less. On the road if you can kill them then your simply driving to hard for a public road but your correct they do only last a few laps on the track. i think we got 3 laps out of them at symmons at 10/10ths before they were shot. But again what you have come up with is certainly up there for bang for your bucks!

Another small update with some info I've come across.

Re: Brake Pads

I mentioned earlier that you can get some QFM A1RM pads for these but will cost you about $179 plus 4-5 weeks wait as they're a custom job. Looking at what else was available the only other decent pad is the RDA Extreme pad suggested by Greg from GSL. These are only rated to 500 degrees, but as a bonus are very quiet and low dust. They're at the top end for a street pad without going into semi-track territory. They're also cheap at less than $80 a pair delivered.

It will be interesting to compare these to my current setup, which runs RDA rotors and A1RM pads. The new set up (going on this weekend :yahoo: ) will consist of slotted factory rotors and RDA extremes. In many ways I believe I'll probably come across even as the A1 pads do an extremely good job under pressure.

Someone just needs to be the first to get A1s on the Kluger brakes so everyone can benefit :whistling:

Another option would be the Gen3 widebody brake upgrade with Supra rotors. 13" rotors, 2-pot cast iron calipers (from v6) and all you need to make up is a bracket for the calipers. Ask The Pharmacist about it as he is running that setup now.

Who is this Pharmacist you speak of Andrew? Ive done a search but to no avail. I'm after a brake upgrade for my 4cyl gen4 camry and at the moment planning on going the 323mm Supra Rotor route

Edited by curry__muncha

Is there much of a difference between QFM HP-X and A1RM for everyday driving with a bit of heavy breaking?

The HP-X are a fantastic street pad that will cope with a bit of fun without too much drama. For everyday use it comes highly recommended and had low rotor wear and dust.

The A1RM's are a semi-track pad. I lived with these on the street without any dramas, but you will really notice a difference when you start to get some serious heat through them which is where they really shine. Rated at over 750 degrees and a friction co-efficient that jumps very high under heat they work extremely well when you're giving the car some stick and will do well on the track (Dependent on the rest of your brake setup).

A1RM's aren't that dusty either, but do have some slight squeak when cold and have slightly increased rotor wear being a performance pad, however you should still get more than 2.5 years out of your pads if not taking it to the track all the time (in which case your rotors won't last regardless of what pads you run)

Brakes installed, quick road test shows no issue and very similar to stock pedal feel. Taking her up Nebo later for an easy bed in, won't be doing a hard test of their ability for another week so they can bed in properly.

Everything bolted on without any issues. Further as the picture shows it will easily fit under the factory sportivo wheels as long as you don't have mega huge balancer weights on the inside rim. I had a few small ones in mine and it still had about 3-5mm clearance where the weights were.

post-13080-0-78340100-1317453226_thumb.j

post-13080-0-57244100-1317453236_thumb.j

post-13080-0-24685200-1317453279_thumb.j

• Like 1

i thought i read today that you had screwed up a rim doing this mod and had issues with the brake pad supplier. the new disc's fill out the rim nicely.

I did but I removed that as it wasn't relevant to this thread.

The brakes are now mostly bedded in, and feel great but under normal operation don't feel out of the ordinary at all. If you changed to these from the standard brakes I think you'd have a hard time feeling the difference... That is until you start having a bit of fun :yahoo:

Hello all!

Here are some pics I took for the forum of Toyota Aurions in Thailand with Brakes to drawl over!

img5576f.jpg

di-113175973843.jpg

di-15131759750511.jpg

di-413175975225.jpg

di-113175975473.jpg

di-113175975609.jpg

di-1113175975745.jpg

Edited by DJKOR
Resize your photos first please

Firstly those pics are HUGE!

And secondly, I hope you have the details of the brakes on those cars as we are going to get a lot of "what brakes are those" questions on the way.

But those brakes do look good.

Sorry mate I wanted them to be high Quality so others can download and zoom in. The first car is a 2007 2.0 Camry the others are 2007 3500CC Camry's with the chassis of GSV40r and have 2GRFE engines too, so basically Aurions! with 2 different Brembo's and the blue brake rotors and brake calipors are Endless Brand.

I couldn't find the owners of the cars it was a huge Camry showcase and there where about 200 cars I have pics of all the Aurions thou :)

However the guys where ultra friendly and happy to show off their cars and tell me there club site! :) which is http://www.wish-society.com/ I will join and hopefully get all the answers to get these mad brakes imported to Australia.

I have a tone more pics of the brakes up close etc, hope I could of got answers mate but my Thai isnt as fluent as I like, and it's very hard to communicate without my thai english dictionary lol.

and I know the Thai's in the 5th pic look suss, but I assure you he's passing the polishing cloth :P

Edited by Marty0001

^The red "brembo" is just a cover for the OE calipers. The other two seem real enough though.

Steven, are u looking to sell ur old brake setup?

Sorry mate, had a buyer before I even had them off the vehicle.

Ahh, no worries. I think i'll be following in your footsteps and going the Kluger setup as well! :D

That's what I thought at first, but I taped on them and they where a solid 1 piece Brembo. I agree they don't look legit, I think they are an after market rip off Brembo fake. Still a better look than the OEM Aussie ones and slightly bigger too.

These where covers thou

Edited by Marty0001

That's what I thought at first, but I taped on them and they where a solid 1 piece Brembo. I agree they don't look legit, I think they are an after market rip off Brembo fake. Still a better look than the OEM Aussie ones and slightly bigger too.

These where covers thou

Nope they're fake covers alright. You can see the factory caliper underneath, and I have never seen a brembo brake kit (or any big caliper brake kit) that reuses the tiny factory brake rotor.

Others look very impressive, but let's not let this degenerate into a "look at this bling" thread. Hoping to keep everything informative. If you have info about the big brakes then it would help if you can provide information like availability, pricing and other relevant info so people can carefully consider their options when considering the right brake upgrade for their purposes.

Yeah. The red Brembo's are covers, despite your 'tap test'. The others look legit though and do look nice... even if they may be copies of the real brand. But like Steven said, this is an informative thread, so please provide information because the photos are useless otherwise.

And please please please; in future resize your photos first, otherwise don't upload them in full unless via a link. I have fixed that problem this time around. Next time I will remove them cause it can create issues for other members. This nearly crashed my browser in this instance.

Sorry!!!!!!!! Didn't expect such negative replies!!! :blink: sorry to upset so many people :( just trying to fit in.

Camry. Mag19 ". the eighth Pot Caliper customers bring their own. down with dish 380mm. Hub and stand on our feet to the stage. And. Caliper fits the Center. >>>. Camry. Plate 2 piece 380mm. with Caliper 4port Fla. This was (and Set 49,000). dish after 340mm. About Caliper 2 port Runstop (either Set 19,500). Plate 2 piece 380mm. with Caliper 4port Fla. hunting patterns. dish after 340mm. About Caliper 2nd Port Runstop. >>>. Camry. Mag19 ". Plate Size 380mm. + Caliper 4 port of New Warranty: 1 year with the 29,000 only dish after 340mm. + Caliper 2 port Runtop. Plate 380mm. Signature made ​​by the customer. legged on Measure carefully. The phase correct this dish is already installed. dish after 340mm. + a caliper 2 port by making our new Logo.

dscf3608n.jpg

dscf3615n.jpg

dscf3623.jpg

dscf3625.jpg

dscf3626.jpg

qe0b7.jpg

dscf2656n.jpg

3ksb1.jpg

dscf2708n.jpg

Edited by Marty0001