Brake Options - Standard Aurion

Steven

Chris, how did you go? I'm looking at doing the upgrade (2nd hand kluger calipers, new dba discs and some performance pads). Just spent the last hr and a half reading this thread. Other members have already found out the fronts bolt straight on but how bout the rears? Not much point upgrading fronts without turfing the poxy rears for something a bit better. Cheers.

• 1 month later...

Guess not. Anyone else got any options? The 380 brakes on the rear sound good but I was trying to avoid having brackets made. HELP, my mate's are giving me heaps about the tiny brakes on the rear of my car.:-[

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like it's time for me to change my front rotors and brakes. I'm planing to get the QFM HPX brakes and DBA42709 4000 Heavy Duty series rotors. All up should be under $400 for all.

I was thinking of getting cheap RDA rotors for $100 a pair but I don't like saving money when it comes to safety :)

The question that I have is that is there any difference in performance between A1RM and HPX for everyday driving with some hard braking?

Edited by Buff Hamster

Looks like it's time for me to change my front rotors and brakes. I'm planing to get the QFM HPX brakes and DBA42709 4000 Heavy Duty series rotors. All up should be under $400 for all.

I was thinking of getting cheap RDA rotors for $100 a pair but I don't like saving money when it comes to safety :)

The question that I have is that is there any difference in performance between A1RM and HPX for everyday driving with some hard braking?

ive got RDA slotted/dimpled rotors on, combined with said A1RM pads, used them on track worked like a dream, very awesome stopping power, noisy when cold, but when warm, works perfectly.

I've used the A1RMs before and found them so-so for braking when the brakes were cold. Once I've driven a few kms down the road and braked a few times they suddenly get better and when really pushing it they are absolutely fantastic.

The HPX are good from the beginning, but don't last anywhere near as well after a few hard brakes.

Re: Kluger rear brakes - from memory the rotor was slightly bigger than standard Aurion but was still solid (not vented) so for the outlay there wouldn't be much gained from swapping to them.

• 4 months later...

Quick question guys; until I can get measurements not too sure I could fit the Kluger rotors and calipers into my 19s, as towrds the inner lip there's a step up into the middle of the rim that tapers out to the inner outer part of the rim. Therefore if I stick to the 296mm dba4000 rotors and move upto the Kluger calipers, will I get, an up in performance to my current setup. Cheers.

Juan

Edited by whitezr6

Quick question guys; until I can get measurements not too sure I could fit the Kluger rotors and calipers into my 19s, as towrds the inner lip there's a step up into the middle of the rim that tapers out to the inner outer part of the rim. Therefore if I stick to the 296mm dba4000 rotors and move upto the Kluger calipers, will I get, an up in performance to my current setup. Cheers.

Juan

:mellow:

You can't just change the calipers, you need to change both the calipers AND the rotors

• 1 year later...

Will the rear Kluger brakes (calipers & rotors) bolt on with out mods to the ACV40 Camry. I know they aren't much bigger (13mm overall) than std but as I've got the Kluger front brakes and Kluger 19"wheels why not have the rear brakes to match. I've looked over all 13 pages of this topic and still not sure, have I missed something. Thanks.

Edited by 1badkiwi

Will the rear Kluger brakes (calipers & rotors) bolt on with out mods to the ACV40 Camry. I know they aren't much bigger (13mm overall) than std but as I've got the Kluger front brakes and Kluger 19"wheels why not have the rear brakes to match. I've looked over all 13 pages of this topic and still not sure, have I missed something. Thanks.

I actually had a set once and frankly didn't bother to fit them - there is bugger all difference between them and the Aurion ones (SLIGHTLY bigger rotor on the Klugers) that it wasn't worth the effort.

Hello everyone

Just the other day I install 4 DBA T2 slotted rotors with QFM heavy duty break pad on my 2012 aurion.. I can highly recommend them. I have attached some photos (before and after) they aren't the best and we did it at home so we didn't have any fancy equipment but it worked out fine

post-36340-0-66582300-1437007543_thumb.j

post-36340-0-60605300-1437007601_thumb.j

post-36340-0-66738500-1437008263_thumb.j

post-36340-0-37209300-1437008289_thumb.j

post-36340-0-82014800-1437008311_thumb.j

post-36340-0-78240800-1437008338_thumb.j

post-36340-0-35915600-1437008361_thumb.j

post-36340-0-19102500-1437008384_thumb.j

post-36340-0-26199200-1437008402_thumb.j

Edited by Sean K
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is there any reason that you can't fit the TRD rotors, pads and callipers?

No, but the cost is very high. $400+ per caliper, pads are just under $100 from memory and rotors are fairly expensive too. The best value/performance for money is the Kluger package.
  • Like 1

I ended up getting those front Kluger 2009 model calipers in good condition from Pick 'N' Pay Less in Blacktown for $40 each - an absolute steal. The calipers are the most difficult parts as the pads and rotors are essentially consumables available from lots of manufacturers.

Hmmm ok so the TRD brakes are expensive, fair call.

How are there performance compared to Kluger brakes?

Are they any better then the standard brakes?

Sorry I'm not very good when it comes to brakes, but still have stock gear on mine.

Aahhh I see.

Well me personally, knowing that, I would opt for the TRD brakes when I do the upgrade.

Not having a job though does make it hard haha.

What colour are the TRD brakes?

Aahhh I see.

Well me personally, knowing that, I would opt for the TRD brakes when I do the upgrade.

Not having a job though does make it hard haha.

What colour are the TRD brakes?

The TRD calipers are red and are etched with the TRD logo (photos care of Google) -

tc-trd-wheeltyre.jpg

lY9ljgH.jpg