E-SW20-ACMZZ

Vlad

Good work! Wish I had the time to do the same to mine.

But ! I did a engine conversion on mine. What conversion I hear you say?!

I got a 3sgte from a caldina and dropped it in. It's the same engine but with better package. Coil packs instead of dizzy. Uprated power, 190kw standard apparently. Less laggy turbo and blah blah blah.

Did it at home. Took a couple of weeks to sought out the wiring. Now its a dream to drive.

If you ever consider doing a conversion I highly recommend the caldina engine.

Good luck with it and keep us updated.

I've read so many different opinions on which 3sgte is best, that I dont know what to believe anymore..

Hey > Mr2Pod, i have frequented their forums, good references... though I'm still not going to become a member of them as i plan to sell the beast..

Are you offering to hook us up? as there is mabey 1/2 other things needed before RW is capable.. {that's after she gets all put back together}

SO I now have a nicely clean {clean and etch concrete cleaner, works great!} installed fuel tank sitting in the MR2!!!! sorted out most the lines and fuel vapor condenser thingy... somehow though i cannot find the main "fitted" line from the tank to the fuel filter..

Once sorted can move onto putting the engine back in!!

O YEAH!!!..

went for a drive to Brendale, too see ENZED, and they were more then helpful in making up a 'custom'line for me for only $39!!

{Score, in comparasin to Toyota's $200+6weeks wait, and another quote of $100..}

... now for the O SO fun part of putting the engine back in..!!!

Well after getting my new line from the tank to the filter, i figure i should see how the flow is.... firstly Dang mud wasps... but was able to "poke" it out... though it is not letting alot of flow through...

DANG {thinks i should just get it 'remade' also}

On the upside i found this on ebay and decided to get a set the other day so just waiting for them to get here..

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/370593072175?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

those wasps are another reason NOT to live in qld.. as the saying goes... qld..beautiful one day.. s**t house the next!. lol

I spotted that bolt kit too.. might even get a set myself, let us know how good they are when you get em.

Lucky for me, after letting it soak for a while was able to use de compressor to 'push' through whatever was in there...

All good!!

• 2 weeks later...

Bolt kit got here 2day, looks great!! !!

it's just a shame my back's in "shut down mode" and i cannot DO anything...

{more then happy to accept a spinal transplant from anybody who is willing... LMAO}

so further updates as usual when I can finally manage to Move again

• 2 weeks later...

<p>Getting closer and closer to the 'big install'

Yippee.... having all the fun in the world ATM 're-running' the wiring harness back too the original locations...

And the before pic that didn't upload previously

<p>Getting closer and closer to the 'big install'

Yippee.... having all the fun in the world ATM 're-running' the wiring harness back too the original locations...

And the before pic that didn't upload previously

• 4 weeks later...

So since last post, I've managed to install everything the motor and all wiring has been RUN!

the key turns and it makes NOISE... but doesn't actually 'crank' the engine over..

Further evaluation has come to find the starter motor is at fault. { the starter motor was purchased from ebay user JDMspares, they have been very rude and disrespectful in all of there 'correspondence' telling me that i'm lying and it to not fault of theirs.}

So thats the the only thing stopping me from turning the motor over...

still in the process of putting the passenger side rear tyre on, the brake caliper doesn't want to cooperate with me. the exhaust still needs to be mounted up to the boot{resonator/rear section}, and I havent been able to get my throttle body to come back to life {as it kept getting jammed at WOT.. :( } {new 1 is getting quoted up}

so awesome to know that JDMspares has "robbed" me of yet more $$$ that i as a pensioner dont have.. > thanks for that. {guess my houses hot water system will just have to wait a little longer. [was hoping to sell the MR as soon as its running to help pay for a new 1] }

• 5 months later...