Instructions on how to replace parking lights.

TRD468

Hey guys, i have put some sound deadening in my wheel wells, and while i was at it i thought i would change my parking globes to some white LED lights. People say to take the bumper off, but here is a easier solution.

Step1: Jack the car up and take off the wheel.

Step2: undo all the screws and clips that holds the plastic under the wheel well and fender.

Step3: Remove the plastic completely.

Step4: Now up in the top right hand corner you will see the back of the parking light. Twist it anitclock wise and remove it from its place.

Step5: pull out your old globe and replace it.

Step6: put everything back in reverse order.

SIMPLE AS THAT !!

if you want to short cut a little, dont take the wheel off, but it will be a bit cramped, taking the wheel off will give you lots of room and make this project easier.

:yahoo:

• 10 years later...
On 4/25/2011 at 6:58 PM, TRD468 said:

Hey guys, i have put some sound deadening in my wheel wells, and while i was at it i thought i would change my parking globes to some white LED lights. People say to take the bumper off, but here is a easier solution.

Step1: Jack the car up and take off the wheel.

Step2: undo all the screws and clips that holds the plastic under the wheel well and fender.

Step3: Remove the plastic completely.

Step4: Now up in the top right hand corner you will see the back of the parking light. Twist it anitclock wise and remove it from its place.

Step5: pull out your old globe and replace it.

Step6: put everything back in reverse order.

SIMPLE AS THAT !!

if you want to short cut a little, dont take the wheel off, but it will be a bit cramped, taking the wheel off will give you lots of room and make this project easier.

:yahoo:

This all seems like too much work for something so simple.  

Wouldn't it be easier just to unscrew and pull out the headlight, change it push it back in place.  It's all one piece.

Well that's how I changed mine. 

Just be careful when putting it back not to damage the corner of your guard.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 11/14/2021 at 11:34 AM, Bodges said:

This all seems like too much work for something so simple.  

Wouldn't it be easier just to unscrew and pull out the headlight, change it push it back in place.  It's all one piece.

Well that's how I changed mine. 

Just be careful when putting it back not to damage the corner of your guard.

The only way to remove a headlight assembly is the complete removal of the front bumper. Even to change a low beam globe it might be preferable to do that rather than try and squeeze your hands in and remove the low beam cap, especially on the passenger side, believe me, I've done both and removing the bumper is less traumatic however, having recently removed it to discover I had inserted the replacement globes upside down, you just can't see properly when you do it by removing the cover and it ALMOST fits upside down although you can't see the mistake you've made.

Having recently removed the front bumper and headlights, I blew a parking light globe and it can't be accessed through the low beam cap and I have been searching for an easier way than to take the bumper off again. This method suggested here seems like a marginal improvement.