[VIC] - TOCAU Victorian Monthly Meet

Tash

Very slowly - I don't think there is much of an attendance list for the 22nd, just a mild interest.

I'd like to tee up going to Mt Macedon, but if that's too far for people we can do that another time, and perhaps just meet on the 22nd at Bundoora Park or similar and get fish and chips?

hey guys... would love to come on this cruise!!

however it does co-incide with a rollaclub.com/toymods cruise which is organized and has some structure finalised.

FWIW....

i dont organise cruises any more for reasons that i am sure a number of you can appreciate.

the secret to a successful meeting, cruise, event is that you have a pre determined route, and location, purpose, date, schedule all sorted out before you post a "do you want have a cruise?" thread.

otherwise you end up with 5 pages of people deciding when/where/how/why when all attendants want is, a date with an event, and its a simple process of can i make it, or i cant make it.

just my 2c.

Totally agree Andy, not living in Melb I originally pitched it as a catch-up and was looking for suggestions on places to meet up that you guys have been to. My plan is to check out Mt Macedon this weekend and it can be the cruise for July, and then on the 22nd we can just catch-up for a lunch in a park somewhere. To save on organising this time we'll just pitch in and get fish and chips. Sooo... is there a good park near Kenshin's family fish and chip shop joint? Or another awesome one in the city?

If its the week before, the 22nd, it won't conflict with Reece's 27th Friday night meet-up, I mean we could have two meets two days apart but that probably won't work :lol:

Hi there,

just wondering if you may be able to keep me posted with when the next meet will be as I am keen to come along for my First time !!

Cheers

Wayne Jordan

Hey Wayne, of course! :) Just keep your eye on this thread as this is our pinned one for Victorian monthly meets, the TOCAU annual is taking place next month so looks like the next one will be in July.

There's also a meet planned for this Friday night too if you check out the rest of the Upcoming Club Meets & Events forum :)

hey guys... would love to come on this cruise!!

however it does co-incide with a rollaclub.com/toymods cruise which is organized and has some structure finalised.

FWIW....

i dont organise cruises any more for reasons that i am sure a number of you can appreciate.

the secret to a successful meeting, cruise, event is that you have a pre determined route, and location, purpose, date, schedule all sorted out before you post a "do you want have a cruise?" thread.

otherwise you end up with 5 pages of people deciding when/where/how/why when all attendants want is, a date with an event, and its a simple process of can i make it, or i cant make it.

just my 2c.

yes this is also the reason why the meets will be all in THIS THREAD so that it does not clog up/clutter the forums. all people who want to organise a meet must pm either me or tash and we will update the first post accordingly

• 3 weeks later...

yep there is! just recovering from the annual meet. tash will keep updates :)

hrmmm..., havent done much to my camry though,... :/ .., after i broke my covers,

Yep there'll definitely be a meet-up in July, looking at this stage to be the last Sunday of the month and probably just a BBQ get together style one, I'm not quite back in Victoria yet after the annual so once I'm back and settled in I will get cracking with the planning :)

If anyone has some suggestions for a great park/meeting point we can sit and eat, even a snazzy cafe or restaurant I would love to hear from you ;)

Yep there'll definitely be a meet-up in July, looking at this stage to be the last Sunday of the month and probably just a BBQ get together style one, I'm not quite back in Victoria yet after the annual so once I'm back and settled in I will get cracking with the planning :)

If anyone has some suggestions for a great park/meeting point we can sit and eat, even a snazzy cafe or restaurant I would love to hear from you ;)

G'day Tash...restaurant sounds good,maybe a meet up and some pics first and then head off for a feed.

G'day Tash...restaurant sounds good,maybe a meet up and some pics first and then head off for a feed.

Hey Lee, good stuff, pretty much along the lines of what I am thinking, try and meet up somewhere central-ish and then go somewhere, just need to pick the places :) That way we all get to catch up with each other seeings its been a little while, debrief after the annual and hopefully get a couple of new members along in what is a more gentle introduction.

Please do the meet sometime in the first 3 weeks o July. 4th week i'll be back at uni.

Uni commitments on a Sunday?? Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but keeping with the tradition of the last Sunday of the month that'd make the meet-up Sunday the 31st of July. I can't do it the Sunday beforehand and any earlier is probably a bit late notice given we're nearly at the end of June.

My tentative plan at this stage is meet-up somewhere like Albert Park as we have been there before, short drive to a restaurant/cafe nearby and then I thought we could go and do photos in front of the shed under the Bolte Bridge etc as a bit of nostalgia - been a long time since that meet! I will be going back through some of our old meet threads to check out locations we've met at before etc for some inspiration, but feel free to PM me some ideas for restaurants/cafes and photo locations :)

We used to go to Garage Cafe - http://www.garagecafe.com.au/ - not sure what it is like now but a great meeting point (not open on sundays though).

I like this idea! Last Sunday in July also happens to fall on my birthday, see how we go but if we can book in Garage Cafe then that would be awesome! Don't have to worry about Melbourne's unpredictable weather

Please do the meet sometime in the first 3 weeks o July. 4th week i'll be back at uni.

Uni commitments on a Sunday?? Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but keeping with the tradition of the last Sunday of the month that'd make the meet-up Sunday the 31st of July. I can't do it the Sunday beforehand and any earlier is probably a bit late notice given we're nearly at the end of June.

My tentative plan at this stage is meet-up somewhere like Albert Park as we have been there before, short drive to a restaurant/cafe nearby and then I thought we could go and do photos in front of the shed under the Bolte Bridge etc as a bit of nostalgia - been a long time since that meet! I will be going back through some of our old meet threads to check out locations we've met at before etc for some inspiration, but feel free to PM me some ideas for restaurants/cafes and photo locations :)

Yeah i'm busy on Sundays because of uni but i think i can rearrange that to Sat so i can come to the meet.