ZZE Exhaust System

I know this has probably been asked before,

But I just really couldn't find anything on my car, and I've been doing a lot of research (:

Basically I'm looking to get a bit more sound out of the 1.8 - 02 Ascent

What I'd love is a Sportivo CatBack system, heck even just a muffler, but they are a bit hard to come by, especially the cat system. I'm not looking to spend too much money, I'd be happy if I could get away with something under $400, again depending on what I get, cat or just muffler

Was at a muffler shop today, and the guy seemed to suggest a smaller canon,

Quoted me $160 for an install and then the canon would be like an extra $100 or so

So probably around $300 installed.

Hit up another place, and they suggested a free flowing muffler with a tip.

But they said if I wanted to chuck a tip on it that was possible, and they would also drop the muffler down so you could see the tip. Expecially as stock muffler sits so high. They quoted $300 also

Then I turned to eBay,

Can get a bolt on canon, model specific for around $150 delivered, which I thought was pretty decent, or a full cat system for about $350 with a canon

I'd appreciate any advice anyone has on a exhaust/muffler for my car that you guys have.

I'm up on the North Coast of NSW, if anyone could recommend a shop or someone who knows someone, just PM me or post up in the thread.

Cheers

Edited by RollaRollin

Stay away from cannons.

Go with 2.25" mandrel bent mild steel system. Upgrade the resonator and the muffler with matching 2.25" gear and it'll be good. You'll quickly tire of a loud system, so save your money and get something quiet up front; save you going back to get another muffler put on later.

i would suggest looking around abit im pretty sure you can get someone to make you a cat back system for around $400 you just have to find a place that does good work because ive known of a few people have gotten full exhausts and then have developed holes in the welds a couple of months later on. just do your research before you get it done and my 2 cents cannon........ wouldnt even bother

Cheers for the responses guy

I thought it would be the case, I wasnt that keen on a canon simply because of all the ***** lancers and the like getting around with them that sound absolutely disgusting haha

LFT-OFF

Would any muffler and exhaust shop be able to do this for me? Or would I have to hit up a specialty place?

Seems that it would cost me an arm and a leg for a cat back system if a canon is going to set me back $300?

Cheers for the responses guy

I thought it would be the case, I wasnt that keen on a canon simply because of all the ***** lancers and the like getting around with them that sound absolutely disgusting haha

LFT-OFF

Would any muffler and exhaust shop be able to do this for me? Or would I have to hit up a specialty place?

Seems that it would cost me an arm and a leg for a cat back system if a canon is going to set me back $300?

seriously you should be able to find somewhere its not likes it going to be 3 and a half inch exhaust the most expensive part will be the muffler if you decide to do a cat back your prob going to be looking at 100-150 for a decent muffler just do some research here in sydney i got quoted around 400ish for a cat back system so just ring around and ask their opinion

and forgot to add there was someone on the forum in sydney selling exhaust from a sportivo i will see if i can find who it was

Edited by LFT-OOF

• 6 years later...
19 hours ago, Damoo123 said:

so whats the best exhaust system to go with? looking for it to sound mean and when it hits lift also 

Headers - Ported Stock (Best for performance gains, not much change to sound)

There are also Hurricane and Wildcat headers which give the Sportivo a deeper tone but a prone to cracking. If you plan on going crazy, PPE headers.

Cat - 100 or 200 cell high flow catalytic converter.

Catback - 2.5" piping with mandrel bends is best, a decent resonator or even 2 smaller ones, a decent rear muffler (Magnaflow, x-Force Varex, Remus etc). The larger piping will mean it can be a bit more droney on highways, hence why most people including me went with the Varex. Has the ability to be loud when you want and as quiet as stock. See my signature for my exhaust setup which I've been running for the last on the stock ECU with no issues.

I went with mild steel as it is doesn't sound as raspy as stainless. In saying that, stainless will always out last mild steel.

• 3 years later...

Hey 

Ive tried to do research on a muffer delete on a 2001 Corolla levin (hatchback) but no vids or info i can find.

If anyone has done a muffler delete on that car plz let me know asap because i want my car to look sportier and loud

The reason why im asking because i dont know how it sounds like, if anyone has done i let me know thanks