Wtd to borrow/ hire, 1.5 litre Toyota Echo ecu and key

I'm hoping someone here can help me out please. I would like to borrow/ hire someone's ecu and key for 2 weeks. It needs to be from a 1999-2002 Echo Sedan or sportivo with a 1.5 litre motor.

If I can get this, it will allow me to compete in the International Rally of Queensland in 2 weeks time, a prestige 2 day event. We have been hanging out for this event since competing in it last year.

100_1690.jpg

I am happy to pay for all postage and willing to assist with some suitable compensation if someone can help me out.

I have just finished swapping a 1.5 litre motor over into my car and the ecu and key supplied with the motor won't talk to each other and therefore won't disarm the immobilizer making the ecu and key useless and no-one to my knowledge has been able to find a workaround to overcome this problem. And without a solution, such as another ecu and key, all my car prep over the 2 months will have been in vain.

Desperately yours,

Rob.

No key. The ecu itself is absolutely worthless without the key as you can't disarm the immobiliser. I have two 1.5 litre ecu's here which are basically paperweights for that reason.

No key. The ecu itself is absolutely worthless without the key as you can't disarm the immobiliser. I have two 1.5 litre ecu's here which are basically paperweights for that reason.

oh right... um would a yaris ecu work?

Theres a full Echo at one of the self serves down my way Rob, next time i go i will note the engine , ECU and also if the key is there. Will be tomorrow if all goes to plan with work.

oh right... um would a yaris ecu work?

Unfortunately no, totally different system (CANbus).

If you were in sydney i know people that know how to disalarm the immoboliser.

I would be curious to find out more if you could put me in touch with them please. Everyone I've spoken to including some very knowledgeable Toyota Techs say it can't be done as you can't flash the ecu and once it is set to suit a particular key, it's set that way for good.

Theres a full Echo at one of the self serves down my way Rob, next time i go i will note the engine , ECU and also if the key is there. Will be tomorrow if all goes to plan with work.

That would be very much appreciated if you could.

Please check the model though, the plug configuration changed on the ecu mid 2002. I need one from a 1999-2002.5 model.

What they will do is, They will program the key to that ecu. So your immoboliser disarm's i rang my freind he lost there number sorry dude. theres got to be a way to disarm the immoboliser, cant you just go to a wreker and buy a ECu and key?

What they will do is, They will program the key to that ecu. So your immoboliser disarm's i rang my freind he lost there number sorry dude

Trouble is that you need the master key to start with to be able to program other keys. :(

cant you just go to a wreker and buy a ECu and key?

Yes, already tried that but $650 is a bit much to swallow.

What they will do is, They will program the key to that ecu. So your immoboliser disarm's i rang my freind he lost there number sorry dude

Trouble is that you need the master key to start with to be able to program other keys. :(

cant you just go to a wreker and buy a ECu and key?

Yes, already tried that but $650 is a bit much to swallow.

$650!! Thats a rip off, I bought a key and a ecu for 200$ with a steering coloum + ignotion for a VZ SS lol,

Yeah see how there program works, is they will get your masterkey numbers etc from your vin number of the car.

Thanks for that link, I'll check with them in due course. I managed to get an auto ecu yesterday and it works. It throws the check engine light due to not having a manual instead of an auto though.

I'll hopefully be able to go for a decent drive tonight just to make sure it doesn't crack the poops and go into limp home mode.

The auto ecu survived a 50km flogging last night and has learnt well, timing advance is up and fuel trims down from the factory default.

No limp home mode so we are good to go for the rally.

Thanks for the links to the locksmiths, I will definately be getting in touch with them after the event.

Ok so I have a better cheaper mob to do ecu to key immobilizer matching in Brisbane , when your ready to do it send me a message and I'll put you onto them.