Bridgestone Adrenalin RE002

juvenile

I was also contemplating RE002s for next tyre change from my RE001s. Improvement over the 001s would be good, but maybe i'll bite the bullet and go S001s? :spiteful:

My local Bridgestone dealer priced me $220 for RE002s and $230 for S001s per corner for 215/45/R17

He also recommended me to get RE002s if i like to drive aggressively or track. Then again, why would he recommend me them if S001s are higher grade tyres? I dunno. But for 230 a corner, S001s looks like the go. Back then, my RE001s cost me $250 a corner <_<

I would take the S001 over RE002 any day. You do have to wonder as to why some supercars and sportcars use the S001 and no RE002. Bridgestone even said in their marketing paper that the S001 is aimed at a more high performance market.

http://www.filedump.net/dumped/potenzatechnicalinformation1306839378.pdf

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am now the owner of a pair of 225/50/16 RE002's on the rear of my Supra. $189 ea. fitted from my local Bridgestone dealer.

As they are just on the rear I cant comment on things like steering feel or understeer, but grip accelerating into corners has improved dramatically over what I had before (Potenza GIII's... old as hell!). I never had traction problems in a straight line so thats unchanged. Comfort is slightly improved, but again to be expected over the old tech GIII's

Only comment so far is that they are bloody soft, I dont expect them to last terribly long, but then again, thats what you get with these sorts of tyres.

Also noticed they where made in Indonesia, no more Made in Australia or Japan :(, prolly accounts for the price drop.

While its been wet recently, have only driven in the dry so far.

Am now the owner of a pair of 225/50/16 RE002's on the rear of my Supra. $189 ea. fitted from my local Bridgestone dealer.

As they are just on the rear I cant comment on things like steering feel or understeer, but grip accelerating into corners has improved dramatically over what I had before (Potenza GIII's... old as hell!). I never had traction problems in a straight line so thats unchanged. Comfort is slightly improved, but again to be expected over the old tech GIII's

Only comment so far is that they are bloody soft, I dont expect them to last terribly long, but then again, thats what you get with these sorts of tyres.

Also noticed they where made in Indonesia, no more Made in Australia or Japan :(, prolly accounts for the price drop.

While its been wet recently, have only driven in the dry so far.

$189 is good price mate..i reckon

I got qouted same size and profile $195 as special in June.

Just a bit more on my experience with them after my track day on Sunday.

Rear end had great grip, no problem around corners or off the line, will be getting some on the front before next track day for sure.

Recommend these to anyone.

Just installed re002 to replace my ku31 on my ZRE, I did not change my RIM

My size is 205/55 R16, I do not want to go to 17 or larger due to weight..

Got a good deal from Tmart Bob Janes, $179 per tyre..

The tyre generates much less noise than my KU31, I have absolutly nothing on my boot, no spare, no carpets, and no back seat, the sound reduction is prominent

I cannot compare the two tyres grip because forgot the feeling of KU31 when it was new.

but I read heaps of review and the re002 is really good..

The side wall of re002 is definitely much more stiff and responsive, .. although I have put 38psi instead of 36psi on my KU31, I don't think it is the factor of giving me this feeling.

Going to track (wakefield) on monday, and the weather is not looking good in Sydney, I hope that I am not testing the tyres on wet condition..

I have also replaced my brake pad to QFM A1RM and the braking power is crazy, the stock one did not do a good job in emergency braking, especially with 5 people with downhill, and I almost crash.. This A1RM will definitely gives me confidence. I pay for 169 per pair

Edited by ben yip

Just finished my track day on Wakefield with re002 and A1RM brakes with my ZRE.. It was raining in the morning, my car tends to be bit oversteered.. The tires are really good in wet. Once oversteered, little correction can fix this.. but the car is not quite controllable and VSC saves me a lot of spinning

when the track dried out, the car is just in balance (no oversteer or understeer), with the aid of the coliover... The tires are so good. In fact, my lap times are faster than many V8 because of the light weight of the car, and good tires

I have a very fast and tight S cornering in 120km/h at dry and the tires are responsive

The A1RM brake pads reduce so much braking distance, I will say 20% more than stock

My final lap time is 1:20.1, which suprises many people, and because this is my first ever track day in my life, I can do half a second faster next time..

I saw some TOCA members there as well, and they have taken photos..

Also, I saw many V8 spining, and they have troubles in cornering due to heavy weight, they generate too much tire squeezing noise..

If you are looking for A!RM brakes, only use them on track mostly. According to Greg in GSL, if you use it hard on the street, you would likely to see rotor change at 15K -20K km, plus, what is the point of pushing hard on the street if you track the car once a month !! I still use car everyday in work but I drive it like a grandmum...HPX is the one you should use if you only drive hard on the street with no track work according to Greg

Edited by ben yip

215/45 R17 in the RE002 fitted today. Got quoted everything from $195 to $235 (thru 14 different places), and even some eejit who wanted $299ea... :lol:

Out of interest, I got quoted everything from $265 to $340ea for the S001 in the same size.

Will be posting some impressions real soon.

Adrian

looks like ben has got a good deal for $179 per tyre currently, which bob jane store did u get them from ben? my rears are almost on their way out and i rather change all four tyres at the one go and try and sell my re001 fronts :lol:

looks like ben has got a good deal for $179 per tyre currently, which bob jane store did u get them from ben? my rears are almost on their way out and i rather change all four tyres at the one go and try and sell my re001 fronts :lol:

Ben has 16"s, i'm looking at what 17" sizes are available

Ben has 16"s, i'm looking at what 17" sizes are available

ah damn aye...looks like it's $195 unless someone can get them cheaper

Just finished my track day on Wakefield with re002 and A1RM brakes with my ZRE.. It was raining in the morning, my car tends to be bit oversteered.. The tires are really good in wet. Once oversteered, little correction can fix this.. but the car is not quite controllable and VSC saves me a lot of spinning

when the track dried out, the car is just in balance (no oversteer or understeer), with the aid of the coliover... The tires are so good. In fact, my lap times are faster than many V8 because of the light weight of the car, and good tires

I have a very fast and tight S cornering in 120km/h at dry and the tires are responsive

The A1RM brake pads reduce so much braking distance, I will say 20% more than stock

My final lap time is 1:20.1, which suprises many people, and because this is my first ever track day in my life, I can do half a second faster next time..

I saw some TOCA members there as well, and they have taken photos..

Also, I saw many V8 spining, and they have troubles in cornering due to heavy weight, they generate too much tire squeezing noise..

If you are looking for A!RM brakes, only use them on track mostly. According to Greg in GSL, if you use it hard on the street, you would likely to see rotor change at 15K -20K km, plus, what is the point of pushing hard on the street if you track the car once a month !! I still use car everyday in work but I drive it like a grandmum...HPX is the one you should use if you only drive hard on the street with no track work according to Greg

Sorry to butt in here but, if you're comparing your Corolla to say an SS/SS-V VE Commodore then it would essentially smoke your Corolla around any race track given the same day and the same driver. I race quite often and as common the reference "boats" are given to big sedans, they aren't all that slow with a capable driver.

As for the pads: those A1RM's WILL eat your rotors regardless if you drive it like Takumi or a grandmother; the pads are designed to work effectively once they have reached a certain temperature range hencewhy the materials will just chew through rotors. How do I know? I've eaten through a set of rotors with the A1RM's before and race/daily on the HPX's now.

Sorry to butt in here but, if you're comparing your Corolla to say an SS/SS-V VE Commodore then it would essentially smoke your Corolla around any race track given the same day and the same driver. I race quite often and as common the reference "boats" are given to big sedans, they aren't all that slow with a capable driver.

As for the pads: those A1RM's WILL eat your rotors regardless if you drive it like Takumi or a grandmother; the pads are designed to work effectively once they have reached a certain temperature range hencewhy the materials will just chew through rotors. How do I know? I've eaten through a set of rotors with the A1RM's before and race/daily on the HPX's now.

You are always my hero, I spend a lot of time reading your thread about your track day, Track day is a beginner to me... Your advice actually teach me many things. In fact, I won't compare to a v8 sedan anymore.

In the future, I do hope you keep yourself updated on your track day and your car.. For me as a beginner, can learn a lot of things from you.. especially many mistakes I made (like buying A1RM), should not happen again

Edited by ben yip

• 1 month later...

Hi guys - long time no chat.

As some of you may not remember, I agonised over tyres about 1.5 years ago. The choice between the Kumho and BS RE001 was a tough one, but decided to bend to popular opinion and got the REs.

Worst tyre I have ever bought. Hate them. Glad they're dead.

Too much side wall softness (even with different pressure) and NO GRIP. I had to slow my cornering by 5-10km/h, and that is with strut bars installed.

I found the original stock BS tyres to be better!

Luckily, I finally have a flat tyre, and it's time to replace the POS's.

TG.

• 2 weeks later...

Got quoted from a tyre shop for RE002 in these sizes:

215/45/17 re002 $200 each

225/45/17 re002 $229 each

Think off getting them and will see if i can get any cheaper from another shop!

• 1 month later...

Costco Auburn has got 215/45/17 for $189 current price.

Edit: Got quoted the wrong price sorry, manager said his workers was looking at the ecopia ones.

• 1 month later...

Did you get them? if so which size?

if you have not get them, get the AD08 instead from tirerack.com

I am currently tracking with re002, it is not that heat resistent. Once heat up, it lost 1 to 2 seconds per lap

Did you get them? if so which size?

I havent get new tyres yet as i'm thinking of getting Yokohama A Drive R1!

As this is for my daily, i want the tyres to last abit longer.

Sizes for my car are:

215/45/17 - Front

225/45/17 - Rear

If any one interested in getting the RE002, contact Rick at Advance Tyres:

http://www.advancetyres.com.au/

Currently they are doing special for the RE002.

Edited by Son Gokou