Rear lights and dash lights troubleshooting

Hi,

When I flick the headlights on my 2007 Ascent ZRE152R, the dashboard lights don't flick on, nor do the rear tail lights. This can be quite dangerous when driving at night as you can imagine.

After working properly for two years, it started to be intermittently on and off, but now they won't flick on at all. Any ideas on what may be wrong? All fuses seem OK. I take it this would be a question for an auto elec..

Edit: I have a hunch what this may be...can someone point me to where the tail relay is located?

Cheers

Manic

Edited by Manic

• 2 years later...

My dash lights don't always turn on and apparently it affects my tails or parkers. It seems apparent that it's a common fault with toyota's. Spoke to my auto elec, going to get it fixed in the next few weeks. Have read on here that people think it's a stalk problem that cleaning inside it could help but I'd rather get the auto elec to look at it instead of guessing what it could be.

• 2 months later...

head light stalk switch contacts are burnt, usually caused by starting and stopping the engine with the lights or parkers on, strip out the combo switch and identify and clean the contacts at the back of the switch assy

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

Found an easy fix for this problem.  Toyota Corolla ZRE152R. Search for YouTube video by Jack Adams titled 2007 corolla headlight switch and follow the instructions.  If both your instrument panel and tail lights are not working, then the problem is in the switch contacts and not a fuse (just to save you some time).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX5ABfOwOZU

• 2 months later...
On 3/27/2019 at 5:53 PM, MJL1964 said:

Found an easy fix for this problem...

Hey Matthew,

Just want to say a big thanks for your post. My issue was dash and tail lights not working intermittently. Obviously not a fuse, and after messing about with relays, a full reseat of tail/dash wiring connectors, cleaning tail/plate bulb connectors I searched high and low on the net, and not until I entered ZRE152R in search query did I return this thread. Still early days but so far i've got a full day run without issue re-occurring.

Cheers,
Scott

• 1 year later...
On 3/27/2019 at 4:53 PM, MJL1964 said:

Thank you Matthew for the video. I used the method and it's now working again, so far ok. Cheers. Carmen

Edited by Carmen
spelling