coilovers.

Low98rolla

hey guys what is a good brand of coilovers? apart from k-sport i dont like them i have them on now and they took 3 half weeks to fix and it broke 2 times in 10 months so i wouldnt use k-sport again. that has camber kit and can u get the camber kit for the back coilovers or only on the front coilovers? coz i got camber on front but i wanna try and get back wheel have camber.

Tein are also good :)

Depends which ones...

Flagship models only (Flex + Monoflex), the rest are horribly underdampened...

Depends what you want out of the coilovers/shocks+springs and what your budget is, condition of the roads you generally drive on.

"Best" we could say Quantum, Ohlins, Bilstein, Toda, etc... With each corner costing minimum $1k...

If you're just driving on the streets and don't adjust much if any, then perhaps some good shocks and springs would be a better choice then some street creds to say, "I've got XXXXX coilovers". If you want to slam your car onto the pavement then yes Coilovers are the only way to go. Otherwise Coilovers, totally overrated and unnecessary unless you track and even then matched shocks + springs will out perform low - mid range coilovers ;)

Edited by DreadAngel

i just wanna drop it. its at 101mm atm. i wanna find one that i can camber on back ones to. i dont play around with the coilovers only just set them up than i leave them. Its a show car so i dont drive it every day only now and than to show or out cruising. plus i got k-sport and i cant camber them on back only on front :(

Tein are also good :)

Depends which ones...

Flagship models only (Flex + Monoflex), the rest are horribly underdampened...

Depends what you want out of the coilovers/shocks+springs and what your budget is, condition of the roads you generally drive on.

"Best" we could say Quantum, Ohlins, Bilstein, Toda, etc... With each corner costing minimum $1k...

If you're just driving on the streets and don't adjust much if any, then perhaps some good shocks and springs would be a better choice then some street creds to say, "I've got XXXXX coilovers". If you want to slam your car onto the pavement then yes Coilovers are the only way to go. Otherwise Coilovers, totally overrated and unnecessary unless you track and even then matched shocks + springs will out perform low - mid range coilovers ;)

I have the tein basic compact's on the yaris and TBH they are fine, yeah they arent soft, but it comes with the territory... they dont get that bounce about them like the cheap coilovers do (D2, ksport, etc)

Damn right it's a show car, there is no chance in hell it could go fast with the size and amount of metal in those chromies :P

hahaha thanks man it is nice. u coming donw this week to the meet?

it will be turboed oneday lol :P

I have the tein basic compact's on the yaris and TBH they are fine, yeah they arent soft, but it comes with the territory... they dont get that bounce about them like the cheap coilovers do (D2, ksport, etc)

I dunno about the Tein Basic series, never used them but have tried and driven on Superstreets, Type NA/NR + Type HA/HR... Wasn't impressed. The Flex series is better but there are other brands for around the same money or cheaper perform same if not better than the Teins. D2/Ksport lol, the Superstreets were only marginally better, still oversprung, underdampened and rocked like a boat or made the car float ie Tires not in contact for maximum traction.

@Low98rolla - You should be able to find some crazy low springs and some uprated shocks to help support it. Try checking local (King Springs) and overseas brands from America (eg. Eibach) and Europe (eg. Koni/Bilstein/SPAS/H&R).

Damn right it's a show car, there is no chance in hell it could go fast with the size and amount of metal in those chromies :P

hahaha thanks man it is nice. u coming donw this week to the meet?

it will be turboed oneday lol :P

I'm there most weeks now. But my car still has a bit to do til completion.