Purchasing my Aurion

Hi All,

First of all - I have ready many posts so THANKS for all the information I have already learned off this forum.

After fantasising for about four years I am ALMOST THERE - I'm buying a 2nd hand Aurion SX6 in a few months, year 2007/2008.

My questions are

• Any issues to consider at certain stages of kilometres [e.g. does anything need replacing after a certain amount of wear]
  • What should I look out for when I inspect a potential car? [interior issues, exterior issues, electronics issues, wear and tear issues]

Based on what I have read thusfar the car is pretty much solid, but I just wanted to ask the experts [you guys!]

Also I am from Brisbane - hopefully there are a couple cruises still going on so I can check out everyone's mods!

Hi All,

First of all - I have ready many posts so THANKS for all the information I have already learned off this forum.

After fantasising for about four years I am ALMOST THERE - I'm buying a 2nd hand Aurion SX6 in a few months, year 2007/2008.

My questions are

• Any issues to consider at certain stages of kilometres [e.g. does anything need replacing after a certain amount of wear]
  • What should I look out for when I inspect a potential car? [interior issues, exterior issues, electronics issues, wear and tear issues]

Based on what I have read thusfar the car is pretty much solid, but I just wanted to ask the experts [you guys!]

Also I am from Brisbane - hopefully there are a couple cruises still going on so I can check out everyone's mods!

Hey there welcome to the club. Your right the Aurion being a Toyota is a rock solid bus and there isn’t really any issues with the car that you could consider and major problem or drawback of the breed. Just need to make sure it has a good service history that’s had good oils used in particular the Sportivo’s that may of being driven harder other than that just make sure the VVT-i oil hose recall has being completed other than that only real issues that have plagued the car is a dash rattle that is fixable by Toyota and some cars have a slight flare issue in the auto box when there stone cold but really is a small amount of cars other than that there bulletproof thus far and some have covered some big distances since there 06 launch.

Most likely the car will have no warranty left when you buy the car so the only thing you can do for free from Toyota is the VVT-i oil line. All the rest will cost money to change.

As mentioned above some cars are plaqued with dash rattles (mine included). If you take a car for a test drive and it rattles , it will always rattle. Dont underestimate this as it can sour the experience of an otherwise fantastic car. There are ways to deal with it yourself if it is out of warranty, but looking around for a car with no rattles would be a better idea imo. Ahh the benefit of hindsight !

Edited by MyATX

Look for the steering pulling the left - even after an alignment. Mine does. :(

Hey Mate just thought I would let you know this affects everyone that drives an Aurion, what you are experiencing is 'torque steer' which is evident in most high power FWD cars, the reason having something to do with the left hand side drive-shaft being different to the right hand side resulting in a 'pulling' sensation (always to the left). Getting a wheel alignment would not really improve this at all !!

Hey Mate just thought I would let you know this affects everyone that drives an Aurion, what you are experiencing is 'torque steer' which is evident in most high power FWD cars, the reason having something to do with the left hand side drive-shaft being different to the right hand side resulting in a 'pulling' sensation (always to the left). Getting a wheel alignment would not really improve this at all !!

This isn't torque steer. People have this problem. You drive on a flat straight road and your car will pull left. Check the FAQ section.

the engine is smooth and the sound insulation is not bad

so certain rattles really show up and annoy

get on a bumpy road about 50-60km/h

preferrably the cement kind

radio off, air con off, windows up

sales or friends to shut up

drive safe

look for rattles, squeaks, flexing, and vibrations

at forward dash, air vents, B-pillar, and steering column

turn air con to full blast

check for rattles from centre air vent

This isn't torque steer. People have this problem. You drive on a flat straight road and your car will pull left. Check the FAQ section.

http://au.toyotaowne...lignment-specs/

The only way to find out if it's torque steer or not is to find a flat section of road, shift to Neutral and let it coast. If it still pulls to the left, chances are ya gots an alignment problem! :P

THANKS GUYS!

Also - I it that there is debate on my 1st post, keep it up! I also can't believe that I have 12 replies <24 hours, this forum is great.

I'll definitely consider these points when its test drive time.

Cheers.