Josh's 07 ZR6

MR PSI 213

Hi All,

Picked up my 2007 Aurion ZR6 from the dealership last Saturday.

It has just under 60K on the clock and is 'Carribean Blue'

I can honestly say I am not dissapointed with ANYTHING about this car :)

It is stock standard at the moment apart from an aftermarket Bluetooth Kit and Tints all round

My Mod wishlist is (in order):

6/8K HID's (cant decide which ones, feedback please)

LED Parkers

AUX Mod

Ultra Racing upper strut brace

xA Coilovers

19" Kspeed 'Biaggi Blacks" on 245/30/R19

Here is one quick snap I took with the I-Phone, I have plenty more post wash & polish pics on a digital camera that I will upload ASAP !

mycarmw.jpg

Cheers :)

Edited by MR PSI 213

Nice car there. Since you're a P plater it's best to use 4300k HIDs to avoid popo attention. 6k is pushing it but your should be fine but increases your chance of getting detected. Using 8k is too obvious and you will be defected.

4300k may not look the best as it isn't blue but it's the most powerful making it the most practical. Also 8k is pretty much useless in the rain.

Edited by A Buff Hamster

I have been driving with 10000k and also 8000k for a very long time.. No problems with cops. Just dont get 12k and upwards lol..

But I would get the 8000k as I like the look.

How much did you pick this one for if you dont mind me asking.

Edited by siddr20

Nice car there. Since you're a P plater it's best to use 4300k HIDs to avoid popo attention. 6k is pushing it but your should be fine but increases your chance of getting detected. Using 8k is too obvious and you will be defected.

4300k may not look the best as it isn't blue but it's the most powerful making it the most practical. Also 8k is pretty much useless in the rain.

Cheers mate :), Hahah on that note I have already been followed by 3 cops in 2 days. I could see them running the plates in the computer systems then getting angry when they couldnt pin me for anything ;). I also think I will be fine with 6K HID's

nice looking car :)

Thanks mate!! Cant wait to get stuck into the mods though. I have to let the piggy bank rebuild a bit though. As you can imagine it just copped a bit of a thrashing ;)

Better pics are a must :) nice lookin car is it dark blue?

19" Kspeed 'Biaggi Blacks" on 245/30/R19 can't wait to see these.

Thanks Defyant, Im loving your Aurion!! Yeah atm I'm at work all I had was my phone :( As soon as I get home ill update with more pics :) Yes it's a darker blue called "Carribean Blue" (stock toyota colour, apparently they stopped producing them in that colour in 08/08)

Yeah I originally wanted 20' 20 spoke rims but I saw these at tempe tyres and fell in-love :D

I have been driving with 10000k and also 8000k for a very long time.. No problems with cops. Just dont get 12k and upwards lol..

But I would get the 8000k as I like the look.

How much did you pick this one for if you dont mind me asking.

Hey mate I'll most probably go to 6K, I like the colour in 6k's after looking at it closer and as Buff said police attention is something to be aware of !

I'm not divulging in an exact figure but lets just say somewhere in the 20's

Thanks Defyant, Im loving your Aurion!! Yeah atm I'm at work all I had was my phone As soon as I get home ill update with more pics Yes it's a darker blue called "Carribean Blue" (stock toyota colour, apparently they stopped producing them in that colour in 08/08)

Yeah I originally wanted 20' 20 spoke rims but I saw these at tempe tyres and fell in-love

Cheers mate :) Oooo! Tempe Tyres lemme know when your headin there to get em fitted and i'll meet up with ya :)

Brought my first set of rims and tyres from there :) R.I.P they now sit in the back of the garage collecting dust :(

I looked long and hard at the Biaggi Blacks really wish i hadda brought em now.

Thanks Defyant, Im loving your Aurion!! Yeah atm I'm at work all I had was my phone As soon as I get home ill update with more pics Yes it's a darker blue called "Carribean Blue" (stock toyota colour, apparently they stopped producing them in that colour in 08/08)

Yeah I originally wanted 20' 20 spoke rims but I saw these at tempe tyres and fell in-love

Cheers mate :) Oooo! Tempe Tyres lemme know when your headin there to get em fitted and i'll meet up with ya :)

Brought my first set of rims and tyres from there :) R.I.P they now sit in the back of the garage collecting dust :(

I looked long and hard at the Biaggi Blacks really wish i hadda brought em now.

Yeah Tempe Tyres is tops (try and say that one as as fast as you can :P)

Why dont you try and sell them and put the money in your pocket !!

As soon as I saw the Biaggi's all I could picture was the car dropped on coilovers bearing those rims.. Im sure my bank account was scared :) tbh I think your car looks awesome with the rims it has though, are they 20's?.. I just like the Biaggi's because of the sleek silver machined spokes and it will flow nicely with the blue.. Still undecided on whether to get thin line whitewalls on the tyres though.. I hope I can afford to get them soon (Insurance aint cheap as a P-Plater :() but yeah that would be great we could meet up at Tempe i'd get them done then we can go for a cruise ;)

Looks nice, sounds like you got some good plans, make it a bit nicer to drive and look nicer :D

Cheers, reckon the strut brace will make much of a difference handling wise?

Nice Car.

For HIDs, go 6k.

And pls go 20s. :)

I want to order the 6k HID's today !! Do you have any good links for an Aurion conversion kit?

But 20's will look HUGEEE!! I dont know why but I can see defyant persuading me on the day to go 20's haha :P

hey mate nice car and good list of mods just a word of warning about tempe tyres they ****** my front bumper when i had them fit my wheels and tyres and have heard from quite a few people who havehad bad experiences with tempe go to taleb tyres they wont screw you over and they have the same wheels and will beat tempe tyres price.

sean

Cheers, reckon the strut brace will make much of a difference handling wise?

It should help to some extent. From what I've hear, strut braces are to reduce/prevent chassis flex on cornering, so I guess it should transfer the forces that would flex the chassis to some other point, which may help the car corner better.

Best to ask an expert on this matter for their opinion, only thing im sure about is it will reduce chassis flex.

• 5 months later...

Reviving this thread,

Finally cleared some debts so Slowly moving ahead with some MODS now... As stated originally the LED PARKERS were going in first along with the HID's.. I settled on T10 LED Parkers and 6.3K 35W HID'S (Low beam only)

There are some pics attached of the install and the result

So the next mods are once again very common, Ultra racing strut brace is on the way along with K&N Panel Filter :)

After that there are coil overs to come (can anyone provide some feedback on BC Racing Coils?) and I was thinking 20" BBoss Elanors (Similar to the Biaggi's.. more refined !)

Later Mods :

Double DIN HU

2 12" Kicker (Comp Spec) subs in custom box (I <3 Hardstyle music, so epic bass kicks are a must !)

Alpine Type R door speakers (Only going to replace fronts)

4 Channel 1000 Watt amp (Bridge 2 fronts off and fade so stock rears are hardly used)

:)

Glad to be back on the forums and getting up to date with what other Aurion Owners have done !

Cheers

post-24304-0-15546500-1321323930_thumb.j

post-24304-0-08486000-1321324268_thumb.j

post-24304-0-18444100-1321324503_thumb.j

post-24304-0-12180200-1321325103_thumb.j