Jack Stand Placement

Hi Guys,

Where do you put Jack Stands once you've raised the front of your Corolla? I put them on the side where you would jack up the car using the OEM jack. Is this correct?

I used a hydraulic jack to raise the car; I raised it from the center front towing bar.

I just want to be sure I'm placing my Jack Stands in the correct place and won't damage the jacking tab.

Also what is the right jack stand I should use for placing it under the side jacking tab?

Any particular brand or type I should buy?

Thanks! Any opinions would be appreciated!

I don't put them under the jacking points of the car, they need to go under the sub frame. I don't jack the car from the jacking points either, I use the front transaxle crossmember (the one with the tie down point on it) and then I put the stands under the subframe mounting points. If you go a little further under the car from the jacking points you will see where the sub-frame bolts to the body. I have Stanfred stands that fit nicely in between the two bolts. I am sure others will have other ideas. But if you put them under the jack points you will crush them.

I don't put them under the jacking points of the car, they need to go under the sub frame. I don't jack the car from the jacking points either, I use the front transaxle crossmember (the one with the tie down point on it) and then I put the stands under the subframe mounting points. If you go a little further under the car from the jacking points you will see where the sub-frame bolts to the body. I have Stanfred stands that fit nicely in between the two bolts. I am sure others will have other ideas. But if you put them under the jack points you will crush them.

i always followed the manual's recommendation and jacked them at the jack points with no problems. only one time i lifted the car incorrectly and the car dropped sideways (almost on my foot) and i bent one side of the bottom of the jack and bent a few metal parts where the jackpoint is. but that was my stupidity.

anyways to answer ur question. u CAN put the jack stand where u lift the car using the OEM jack but make sure the contact isnt where the notches are. u want the jack stand to fully contact all the side of the frame.

i always followed the manual's recommendation and jacked them at the jack points with no problems. only one time i lifted the car incorrectly and the car dropped sideways (almost on my foot) and i bent one side of the bottom of the jack and bent a few metal parts where the jackpoint is. but that was my stupidity.

anyways to answer ur question. u CAN put the jack stand where u lift the car using the OEM jack but make sure the contact isnt where the notches are. u want the jack stand to fully contact all the side of the frame.

Thanks guys.

Is that ok where I put the jack stand?

post-22906-0-71505300-1306641132_thumb.j

post-22906-0-69581300-1306641250_thumb.j

Thanks guys.

Is that ok where I put the jack stand?

post-22906-0-71505300-1306641132_thumb.j

post-22906-0-69581300-1306641250_thumb.j

You could put it there if you are sure it will not crush the join. If you look a little further under there is the subfame put it there. Rule of thumb is to spread the load as much as possible and to use the strongest part of the frame.

You could put it there if you are sure it will not crush the join. If you look a little further under there is the subfame put it there. Rule of thumb is to spread the load as much as possible and to use the strongest part of the frame.

I am not sure which one is the subframe. Can you please show me with the photo?

I have another idea is to make the jack stand work like a OEM jack with a slot in between.

I am thinking to place a solid wood on top of the jack stand and use a saw to make a slot and place the jack stand under the pinch weld where the manufacturer recommended for jacking up the car.

I would like to hear from you guys.