New FT-86

DemonRolla

^ Gawd that's hot. If the production model looks very close to that, I would buy it based on looks alone regardless of what watered down engine we may get. It shouldn't take long for people to mod them one would imagine.

I spoke to the Toyota bloke when the G-Sport concept was at the Sydney Motor Show and he says that the turbo version will not be available to us. That was a year ago now and I hope things have changed.

On another note, I don't know about tuning this thing if it's got a Subaru boxer engine. I don't know much about it but I was told it's a pain to even put an intake on a boxer engine because it sits so low (and upside down?). Any engine work will result in a massive amount of cash for the labour involved (unless you game to DIY). Not to mention the newer cars all seems very integrated in terms of exhaust system, meaning a lot of custom work?

It's a beautiful car though. :toast:

On another note, I don't know about tuning this thing if it's got a Subaru boxer engine. I don't know much about it but I was told it's a pain to even put an intake on a boxer engine because it sits so low (and upside down?). Any engine work will result in a massive amount of cash for the labour involved (unless you game to DIY). Not to mention the newer cars all seems very integrated in terms of exhaust system, meaning a lot of custom work?

Without trying to sound rude....... You are way off the track.

If it's a subbie engine it'll be VERY easy tune/modify.

It's a sports car. If it gets released then the Japanese tuning houses will be all over it in a few months. You'll have off the shelf parts available for it within 6-12mth. Exhausts, intakes, tuning software, etc.

My next car (in a few years) will be one of these or im currently drooling over a c63 amg coupe. Soooo tasty!!

It's a sports car. If it gets released then the Japanese tuning houses will be all over it in a few months. You'll have off the shelf parts available for it within 6-12mth. Exhausts, intakes, tuning software, etc.

My next car (in a few years) will be one of these or im currently drooling over a c63 amg coupe. Soooo tasty!!

No offence taken. :whistling:

As I've said, that's just what I've been told. And apparently that's one of the reasons why people opt for the Evo instead, along with it's forged pistons from factory.

But considering you've had a WRX yourself, I'm not going to argue. :toast:

No offence taken. :whistling:

As I've said, that's just what I've been told. And apparently that's one of the reasons why people opt for the Evo instead, along with it's forged pistons from factory.

But considering you've had a WRX yourself, I'm not going to argue. :toast:

ECUTEK allows you to tune/flash the standard ecu. Apart from that, you can pick any number of ECU's that are "piggy backs" which tune them quite well.

it all depends on who develops the ECU for the car really... i'm not up to speed on who is developing what on this joint venture... have they released that info yet?

from what I've heard Ash, the engine and gearbox are coming from Subaru, everything else is going to be toyota...

that being said, if its just the 2.0L Boxer engine (EJ20) then I guess its a good thing that we have Ash as a regular member and Craig (from Oz Foz) who frequents the Brisbane meets lol... I'm glad I know Subaru ppl now, because no joke, I WILL be buying one of these - one way or another... they are the SEX!!!

ECUTEK allows you to tune/flash the standard ecu. Apart from that, you can pick any number of ECU's that are "piggy backs" which tune them quite well.

it all depends on who develops the ECU for the car really... i'm not up to speed on who is developing what on this joint venture... have they released that info yet?

ECUTEK can't flash the 2zzge computer in the corollas... i'm a sad puppy :(

ECUTEK can't flash the 2zzge computer in the corollas... i'm a sad puppy :(

i was referring to the subaru engines...

2ZZGE => powerfc. no?

Have a look at Wheels magazine. It has some photos of the preproduction prototype.

The base model without the body kit looks a bit average. The body kit makes it look closer to the concept. It sports a rear spoiler much like Supra and the rims are STi rims. N/A version will output 150kW while the turbo outputs 200kW.

Unless they do what Nissan did with the GTR and give the major tuning houses pre-release cars to work on ;)

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

I liked the original better. This one reminds me of another car I've seen before.

Not many people know this so keep it a secret... If you peel off the Toyota Badge on the new FT-86 you get the logo below:

batmanheader.jpg

• 3 months later...

Crazy car but I reckon once it hits AU, it will look tough, have the toughness of being RWD but fail to get over the line due to no powerful engine being supplied with it.

• 5 weeks later...

Quite disappointing in these images compared to the concept2. Fronts not angrier enough and the back reminds me of the last gen MR2. Really needs the diffuser and "high mount" spoiler!

i'm thoroughly disappointed in how diluted the production model is, which i guess is to be expected.

not only that, but to me the rear shot makes it look like a smart roadster, and the interior is WAY too evo x-esque (bordering on a copy and paste job)

Edited by lateralus