New FT-86

DemonRolla

I want one so bad, sadly it will have to wait until i have money lol

Oh and incase you guys havent seen it, heres Subaru's take on the car.... Got a few ideas from seeing both cars now :)

subaru-brz-concept-sti-la.jpg

brz-subaru-concept-3.jpg

brz-subaru-concept-wing.jpg

Edited by Toyota_kid

then also comes out with a fail final design HAHAHAHA

hrm... excuse me sir, how the hell do i open the door? :lol:

electronic remote, its the future ! when you walk towards the door it opens ;)

Yep, i wasnt to impressed to see the styling of the Subi looking sexier either, but when has Toyota shown any sex appeal since the Supra? Remember that the Subi pictured is their concept like Duy pointed out.

For me, in silver and black the car still looks nice enough. Sounds a lot more torque'y than i anticipated.

Could be much better looking imo.....that said i'm really looking forward to seeing one modded with wheels/stance and a few other subtle changes peeps will do once they get a little more mainstream.

Dirty old 147kw and 205nm@millionbillion RPM!! lucky the thing will handle and stop because pretty much every 6cyl sports sedan will blow its doors off in a straightline...

Quick check of the specs. The 86 is 5mm shorter than a ZRE152 Hatch, 15mm wider, 215!mm lower! With a 30mm shorter wheelbase. Front wheel tracks 4mm narrower at the front and the rears 19mm wider! Just trying to imagine a manual corolla with half as much power again. might actually not be such a bad thing. Certainly will do the handling thing anyway. :toast::clap:

Dirty old 147kw and 205nm@millionbillion RPM!! lucky the thing will handle and stop because pretty much every 6cyl sports sedan will blow its doors off in a straightline...

Yep, this car broke my heart... The version 2 style is too much bling for me.

Apples and Oranges... but.... the Aurion puts down more at the wheels than the FT-86 does at the flywheel.

I know I'm being a tool and I understand this car is about something else but, in 2011 0 to 100 is more important than handling.

Yep, this car broke my heart... The version 2 style is too much bling for me.

Apples and Oranges... but.... the Aurion puts down more at the wheels than the FT-86 does at the flywheel.

I know I'm being a tool and I understand this car is about something else but, in 2011 0 to 100 is more important than handling.

Well i don't know about more important. Maybe in the eyes of your run of mill aussie bogan it is but i believe it’s no less or more important than steering handling and braking. True sports car should do all these things well.

Well i don't know about more important. Maybe in the eyes of your run of mill aussie bogan it is but i believe it's no less or more important than steering handling and braking. True sports car should do all these things well.

You hit the nail on the head.

If I'm to spend over $40k on a sports car I want 0-100 in under 6 seconds and great handling.

Well i don't know about more important. Maybe in the eyes of your run of mill aussie bogan it is but i believe it's no less or more important than steering handling and braking. True sports car should do all these things well.

You hit the nail on the head.

If I'm to spend over $40k on a sports car I want 0-100 in under 6 seconds and great handling.

Lol sources indicate that tuning houses already have 86's to play with. So power up kits will be pretty much available from day one. ORRRR maybe we can squeeze a 2GR-FSE in there :P 233kw now that's some proper power/weight going in there!

there will not be a turbo version of the toyota 86

the subaru brz might turbocharged as they do turbo their models (impreza, liberty)

Carsales: Toyota 86

Carsales: No FI for 86

Carsales: Subaru BRZ

lol Yerp old news now mate hence my previous comment.

"

Lol sources indicate that tuning houses already have 86's to play with. So power up kits will be pretty much available from day one. ORRRR maybe we can squeeze a 2GR-FSE in there 233kw now that's some proper power/weight going in there!"

Subaru has released details of the BRZ to the press.

http://www.carsales.com.au/news/2011/sports/subaru/tokyo-motor-show-subaru-brz-revealed-27852

I think the 86 is the better looking car. interestingly there no mention of a turbo model again...

I still want one.

People seem to miss the point of this car, its meant to be lightweight, revvy and handle well.

It's not meant to be the new supra or some super fast machine. Its about the concept 'its more fun to drive a slow car fast, than a fast car slow'

As fun as it would be to own one, after seeing the duller styling, I'm not really keen on one. Had they have chosen to make a factory FI model though.... I'd live with the styling.

I still want one.

People seem to miss the point of this car, its meant to be lightweight, revvy and handle well.

It's not meant to be the new supra or some super fast machine. Its about the concept 'its more fun to drive a slow car fast, than a fast car slow'

HEAR HEAR!! Finally someone agrees!!

No doubt there will be some accessory stylings add ones you can option up like from lip spoilers, high mount rear spoiler and bigger wheels. Although hopefully the stock wheels won’t be the ones in these pics but the other wheel that has been on a few other cars.

I actually prefer the orange Toyota version over the Subaru due to slightly more aggressive styling. Also the styling of the car seems to pull over the higher ride height very well.

I am expecting Subaru (and their fan base) to get FI on these things quickly, but see Toyota making subtle changes to the powertrain department to make such mods fairly difficult. Even just using their proprietary "unhackable" ECU would cause dramas.

The brake package also seems a bit disappointing, if the car is expected to be built for corning/handling other than straight line performance then you would assume a good brake package would be on the cards.

I can see myself possibly owning one of these in the future (assuming I'm able to fit in one), however it won't be purchased brand new and it will depend heavily on how the public (and aftermarket) receive and review it.