Wiring Diragram Info needed

wapa1

Hi Guys,

I have removed my radio/cd out of my 2007 tarago and put loveley dvd touchscreen with gps system and reverse camera. at the moment the camera is hooked up to the Aux video input, but what I really want to know, does anyone know there the reverse trigger wire is located within the car? Every car has one, i just have no idea where this one is...Much appreciated.

How do you power your camera?

How do you connect your camera to your screen?

Normally, camera should be powered from the reverse wire.

Your headunit should have a camera wire normally is orange colour.

This is your trigger wire and you should connect this wire to your reverse wire.

The easy way for you is to run a long wire from your reverse wire at the boot all the way to your headunit.

If you find it difficult to hide the wiring, you can run the wire underneath the car.

Hi Guys,

I have removed my radio/cd out of my 2007 tarago and put loveley dvd touchscreen with gps system and reverse camera. at the moment the camera is hooked up to the Aux video input, but what I really want to know, does anyone know there the reverse trigger wire is located within the car? Every car has one, i just have no idea where this one is...Much appreciated.

My camera is an ebay wireless unit ands its 12v+ is connected to the reverse light, so it powers up and sends a signal when in reverse.

The receiver unit is connected to a dvd touch screen player i got off ebay by the AUX video in and the reverse camera video in, i can selct the aux video on the dvd and when i select reverse, it works just fine. However, its powerd up all the time due to the way i connected it. Yes, the headunit has an orange trigger and I know that it needs to connected to the sender unit to be correct, but some people fail to realise, that there is another way to connect everything from the front. there is a natural trigger located somewhere in the front where the original reverse comes from the gearshift to the instrument cluster then to the rear of the car. Find that trigger and simply tap in using the 12v+ on the reciever and the trigger from the headunit. Simple. Cars can have wireless to save you running wires throught the length of the car, you just need to find the trigger. both ways are easy, if you know what you are doing. Its normall located behing the passengers kick panel. I could serch for it with a 12v tester, but i run the dangerous risk of setting off an airbag. Not prepared to do that just yet, so i needed a wiring diagram that could show me where its located in the cabin....

i hope this makes more sense, cheers tim...

At the passenger side, remove the door sill plastic trim and you will see a few wires running to the back. One of the wire is the reverse wire, look for the same colour wire as you connected the reverse wire at the back. Tap your orange wire from your headunit to this wire to trigger your DVD player when your reverse gear is on.

This way you don’t have to touch the fuse & circuit panel.

How were talking, i'll have a fiddle and see what I can see....If anyone can hone me in a little closer, i'd appreciate it....

• 2 weeks later...

I'd be looking around my gearshifter for the actual switch. I was fitting up some Headrest screens the other day on our 01' Estima and there are a hell of a lot of wires running around under and behind that dash. No guarantee that the reverse wire running the length of the car is the same colour up under the dash or kickpanel once they go through a plug.

Booyar, found the little beggar on the pasengers side foot well. connected to the trigger there and it works like a charm...rear camera $30, headrest monitors $75 each, new dvd player gps and bluetooth $475 watching my wife not use the rear veiw mirror, side mirror, reverse camera and even to have a quick look as she backed into her sisters car...SPEECHLESS!.

• 4 years later...

Hi Wapa1,

Reviving an old thread and a longshot as I see you have not been active in ages here, but it would be greatly appreciated if you could point out or even better post a photo of the exact wire.

The bulb at the back seems to be a Red Wire with a blue line through it, cant seem to find any wires like that at the passenger kick panel.

Thanks heaps!!

• 5 years later...
On 6/25/2011 at 7:28 PM, wapa1 said:

Booyar, found the little beggar on the pasengers side foot well. connected to the trigger there and it works like a charm...rear camera $30, headrest monitors $75 each, new dvd player gps and bluetooth $475 watching my wife not use the rear veiw mirror, side mirror, reverse camera and even to have a quick look as she backed into her sisters car...SPEECHLESS!.

Never expect too much from Wife's driving.  they just need simple stuff.