Allianz Insurance

Foss

Anybody had much in the way of dealings with Allianz? Did a bit of a forum search and pulled up a few posts a from years back but nothing that really tells me what I want to know.

Story is I'm moving interstate, so RACT won't cover me past the end of my policy, as they only insure vehicles garaged in Tas. Called up my broker that I use for some of my other insurances, they got me a quote with Allianz for the suburb I'll be in in Perth is within $100 of my current policy, so I'm no complaints there.

Few things I'm wondering though...

1. Has anybody had claims through these guys? Good to deal with? No hassles with claiming?

2. I noticed some of you guys were paying premiums of around the $500 to $600 /yr mark with them for Aurion ZR6s and even TRDs, which is significantly less than the quote I just got of $1030 /yr for my ZR6 at R1 with clean record. Those posts were a few years old now, but I didn't think insurance premiums had gone up that much. I know mine haven't!

Anybody had much in the way of dealings with Allianz? Did a bit of a forum search and pulled up a few posts a from years back but nothing that really tells me what I want to know.

Story is I'm moving interstate, so RACT won't cover me past the end of my policy, as they only insure vehicles garaged in Tas. Called up my broker that I use for some of my other insurances, they got me a quote with Allianz for the suburb I'll be in in Perth is within $100 of my current policy, so I'm no complaints there.

Few things I'm wondering though...

1. Has anybody had claims through these guys? Good to deal with? No hassles with claiming?

2. I noticed some of you guys were paying premiums of around the $500 to $600 /yr mark with them for Aurion ZR6s and even TRDs, which is significantly less than the quote I just got of $1030 /yr for my ZR6 at R1 with clean record. Those posts were a few years old now, but I didn't think insurance premiums had gone up that much. I know mine haven't!

I was with them for about 2 years for my old car, and i have to admit they were fair with their customers when it comes to claims. Are you sure you should be paying around $1030 per year? Try making a quote through their website and make a comparison with the quote you've obtained.

as Noodle Boy stated, get quotes elsewhere. quotes you obtain through brokers are always higher as they include commission.

and bear in mind that premiums will be different for every single person. the time you get the quote, your driving experience, previous traffic convictions/suspensions, area you live in, the company you get the quote through, that company's own claims and client portfolio and costs leakage, state of the current economy, inflation, parts prices....these are some of the some thousand factors that influence premiums

at the end of the day, you will not be able to get the same premium as another person with the same car due to the many factors used to calculate the premium

just get as many quotes as you can at the level of cover you're happy with (and provided honest answers), and go for the one that suits you best.

working in insurance myself, i can assure you that cheaper is not better.

but that aside, allianz is a good insurer at the moment.

• 4 weeks later...

I have had bad experiences with allianz, however there is a lot of factors to consider.

We had an accident in a double lane roundabout and a mini truck decided to exit into my driver side door. Based on the situation we were not at fault, and since the car was still able to run we had to quickly leave the scene to stop traffic congestion. The other driver admitted fault on the spot and we exchanged details.

First time we actually have gotten into an accident.

Called up allianz to make a claim, making the claim is very smooth, not much about it. However this is when it goes all wrong, they told us to bring it to get repaired at their specified panel beater. We asked if we required to pay an excess, the person on the phone said no, but the panel beater said we did. After a few more phone calls it was decided that we had to pay the excess to get our car fixed.

Long story short, without enough evidence, and the other party's failure to respond to the accident. 1 Year on and I still don't have my excess money back. Called them up heaps of times, get different people all the time, telling me different things all the time. They haven't actually told me that I worn't get my excess back, they are just saying they haven't received the other party's report. So still waiting till this day

This is my opinion based on my experience, some people have been with allianz and has no problems. Guess we are just a bit unlucky because we didn't do the right thing.

Edited by razzmadazz

I am with shannons and they are awesome to deal with. Choice of repairers, only need 1 quote which is a must have in my opinion. I'd rather know where my car is going than getting it sent to a random place knowing that they are working on the car only because they were the cheapest for the insurance company. As long as you have the at fault drivers address you don't need to pay any excess. They allow as many mods as you like as long as its all legal and they are actually relatively cheap. Under $900 a year and that is with the agreed value of 13000.

Should try and get a quote from them. They are a bit picky with who they allow in though.