New Sportivo

it's pretty easy to monitor the intake temp with a powerfc ;)

ahh yes! does it mean there is another plug for the obdii? or does it still read it off under the drivers steering wheel?

Easiest way is to just read it from the hand controller, or log with a datalogit

• Like 1

I have a Apexi SRI and I would highly recommend it for someone looking for a SRI. Best SRI i've used, both feel, response and noise... :P

Cool, thanks for your input. I've pretty much decided to go with the Apexi I think.

• Like 1

I have a Apexi SRI and I would highly recommend it for someone looking for a SRI. Best SRI i've used, both feel, response and noise... :P

Cool, thanks for your input. I've pretty much decided to go with the Apexi I think.

looks like you have finally made up your mind, so let us know how it goes when you fit it.

these topics always come up, SRI or CAI, SRI opinions, SRI thoughts etc.

stick with what you now know and spare a thought that most of us have done either/ or and are simply explaining the pros and cons of each...

happy modding :P

Evo

• Like 1

looks like you have finally made up your mind, so let us know how it goes when you fit it.

these topics always come up, SRI or CAI, SRI opinions, SRI thoughts etc.

stick with what you now know and spare a thought that most of us have done either/ or and are simply explaining the pros and cons of each...

happy modding :P

Evo

Yeah, I've had an SRI on a different car, was happy with that one.

There's no rush of course. Just finished the DVD/TV/stereo install which went pretty smoothly (following the guides here from RollaRollin etc...)

Had a guy PM me with an offer for an Apexi Power Intake, but now it says 'Deleted Member' where his name was. Hmm...

Thought I'd just leave this one stock. Then thought maybe just the stereo, since it didn't work properly. It will need a couple of new tyres soonish, so may as well get some wheels while I'm at it. Then maybe just a sports filter. And maybe just some lowered springs. And maybe just a new exhaust ;)

Good fun.

• Like 1

When you get round to doing exhaust and suspension on your corolla do yourself a favour and use the SEARCH button as it will save a lot of people from telling you info which you seem to kinda disregard and you won't have people having an "argument " or a "discussion" which ever you may call it. There are plenty of threads covering the subjects so please don't start another one.

Btw on the topic of street racing you need to do Some research on your defined term of street racing. Being I get my info straight from the horses mouth so to speak (police officer who specializes in traffic law) "street racing" doesn't have to involve exceeding over the speed limit or spinning the wheels but engaging of the act of racing another vehicle irrespective of the speed involved. Plus you also be charged with undue noise by manner of operation which means revving your engine unnecessarily.

So be careful as I know of 2 members who used to be on this forum that lost their licenses for street racing and only "accelerated" up to 70 km/hr in a 70 zone and got done. Car impounded for 48 hours and fines,points as well......

When you get round to doing exhaust and suspension on your corolla do yourself a favour and use the SEARCH button as it will save a lot of people from telling you info which you seem to kinda disregard and you won't have people having an "argument " or a "discussion" which ever you may call it. There are plenty of threads covering the subjects so please don't start another one.

Ok, I'll do that - again - and get things like 'http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php/topic/5503-previously-covered-topics-have-a-read-before-posting-as-it-may-already-have-been-covered/' that haven't been updated since 2006.

Surely some things have changed in 5 years.

Instead of starting a new thread I'll just ask here.

Btw on the topic of street racing you need to do Some research on your defined term of street racing. Being I get my info straight from the horses mouth so to speak (police officer who specializes in traffic law) "street racing" doesn't have to involve exceeding over the speed limit or spinning the wheels but engaging of the act of racing another vehicle irrespective of the speed involved. Plus you also be charged with undue noise by manner of operation which means revving your engine unnecessarily.

On the topic? I thought we'd moved past that, but anyway. I would be wary of taking secondhand advice off anyone on the internet.

What state are you in? If you're that serious about clarifying it, contact the Queensland Department of Transport and Main Roads. The Prosecutions Unit should be able to help you out with any specific questions about Queensland roads and the law you might have.

You can also check out the Transport Operations (Road Use Management) Act 1995 Queensland if you're after some light reading.

And if you require any statistics eg. speeding, drink driving, driver distraction as a contributing factor to fatalities or hospitalisations, I'd recommend you contact The Data Analysis Section at the Qld Dept. TMR - dataanalys​is@tmr.qld.​gov.au - they are very helpful.

• Like 1

FYI yes I'm in Brisbane And my info comes from my best mate who is a traffic cop and topped his intake on traffic law so I'm pretty confident he knows exactly what he is talking about.

As for frequently asked questions not being updated since 2006 there is only soo many ways you can ask about a cai,Sri etc etc. Hence why they have prolly not needed to be updated as there is only so Many ways to invent the wheel and they have pretty much been done. Although you think your questions are new and your research is what you may think is cutting edge it is almost a given that it has been asked before. So that's why I simply point you towards using the search button and spending some time reading so you don't get crucified by some members for asking an age old question.

One more thing is when you ask for members opinions take them on board and don't simply ask for opinions then proceed to tell people their wrong and you are right.

Not the best way to make friends on a forum!!

Enjoy your stay on TOCAU. there is a huge amount of info here to read and assist you with your car. Happy reading!!.

• Like 1

FYI yes I'm in Brisbane And my info comes from my best mate who is a traffic cop and topped his intake on traffic law so I'm pretty confident he knows exactly what he is talking about.

Cool. Different states have slightly different laws. I should have noticed the big 'QLD Ultra Racing Distributer' in your sig - duh.

Right from the horses mouth is the way to go, not what 'my mates mate reckons'. I've had many (mostly boring) conversations with friends and heaps of other people from across TMR, so was able to fill in a lot of the gaps in my own knowledge. My head is full of useless information. They were a bit hesitant with giving away many of the 'loopholes' though ;)

As for frequently asked questions not being updated since 2006 there is only soo many ways you can ask about a cai,Sri etc etc. Hence why they have prolly not needed to be updated as there is only so Many ways to invent the wheel and they have pretty much been done. Although you think your questions are new and your research is what you may think is cutting edge it is almost a given that it has been asked before. So that's why I simply point you towards using the search button and spending some time reading so you don't get crucified by some members for asking an age old question.

One more thing is when you ask for members opinions take them on board and don't simply ask for opinions then proceed to tell people their wrong and you are right.

That all sounds pretty reasonable. I've read a lot on here, believe me. Was poking around for a while before, but decided to sign up so I could ask some specific questions. Tone doesn't come across so well in the written word, so I get why some people misinterpret what others are trying to say, it's not a local phenomenon. As much as I don't like the term, I might have to make use of 'LOL' to make it more obvious. Darn it. And I'll just (try) ignore the negative nancies who drop in to post snarky comments.

Enjoy your stay on TOCAU. there is a huge amount of info here to read and assist you with your car. Happy reading!!.

Cheers, we'll have to have a race one day. Whoa, whoa... on Mario Kart!

• Like 1

F*ING LOL MATE! It seems you have your answer. Why is there a need to continue? Now you are just being a keyboard warrior/troll. Just move on and dont look at this thread anymore! CUBAI

F*ING LOL MATE! It seems you have your answer. Why is there a need to continue? Now you are just being a keyboard warrior/troll. Just move on and dont look at this thread anymore! CUBAI

And I'll just (try) ignore the negative nancies who drop in to post snarky comments.

Cheers, we'll have to have a race one day. Whoa, whoa... on Mario Kart!

LOL - i have to admit that I like this toned down version of urself...

U'll have to excuse us sometimes... we get alot of wannabe racers in here shooting their mouths off... however having acting like u have a pole up ur ***** can lead others to believe that u are a wannabe racer... and people will never cease to call ***** as ***** if its brown, and smells funny...

still in any event... LOL...

Ok guys let's all move on please. Enough of the slaying for comments that might be seen as argumentative or provocative. We've got over all that so if you have a comment about Sri vs cai then add that to this thread please.

Or I'll get the big stick out and start wrapping people over the knuckles.....

U'll have to excuse us sometimes... we get alot of wannabe racers in here shooting their mouths off... however having acting like u have a pole up ur ***** can lead others to believe that u are a wannabe racer... and people will never cease to call ***** as ***** if its brown, and smells funny...

I'm not sure what swearing - even if it is blocked out - adds to the discussion.

LOL - i have to admit that I like this toned down version of urself...

I thought I was copping it from all sides at first - but it turns out it was just a few of you guys from Brisbane that know each other jumping in.

If that's how it is, that's how it is, not much I can do about it.

All I said was move on. You had your answer.

If you were a mod, I guess that might be your job, but 'all you said' was:

F*ING LOL MATE! It seems you have your answer. Why is there a need to continue? Now you are just being a keyboard warrior/troll.

A little provocative.

Just some feedback from a new members perspective. If someone has a go at you, it's only natural to reflect the tone and have a go back. You can put it all on me. When it's from a group of members who know each other and should know better? Disappointing for the other members maybe, but what are you going to do.

Regardless, I would've gladly paid the TOC supporters fee without blinking, just in recognition of the help I've already received via the forum and unsolicited PM's from members trying to help me out (RollaRollin alone saved me a minimum $85 stereo install fee).

The search for a reasonably priced Apexi Power Intake continues...