Fuel gage or fuel pump

Hi All

I am new to this forums and you help is much appreciated. I have a 2003 Corolla Ascent,the fuel gage was showing empty and so went into fill up the tank, the pump stopped filling after $15 and I tried again and stopped again. I payed up and started the car and the fuel gage moved to half.

I have a feeling there may be a faulty fuel gage or a faulty fuel pump that is not moving the needle the all the way to full.

Where is the fuel pump located on the tank ? and how to remove the fuel gage?

Regards

VJJP

Fuel pump in in the tank. Remove the seat bottom in the back and, pull the carpet forward. In the centre (roughly) will be a rubber oval shaped gromet, remove that and there you'll find the pump. The fuel level float is attached to it.

Fuel pump in in the tank. Remove the seat bottom in the back and, pull the carpet forward. In the centre (roughly) will be a rubber oval shaped gromet, remove that and there you'll find the pump. The fuel level float is attached to it.

Hi Super Dave

Thank you very much for your responce. I will look into it this evening.

Regards

VJJP.