Rug doctor

Branno

Hey everyone, I've heard that the rug doctor that you can hire from woolworths/Coles works a treat on cleaning your upholstery. After buying it from someone who had it for 12 years before me, the seats are probably putrid and full of human slime. So tell me forum, what are your experiences?

Personally I think the Rug Doctor product is a POS. Had some carpet to clean at home so I headed down to Woolies with the intention to pick up one of those blue carpet cleaning things. They didn't have it, but htey had the Rug Doctor instead so I thought "why not". Big mistake. The quality of it was crap and it barely did an okay job at cleaning.

I'd highly suggest one of those more professional units. They are larger and are usually blue in colour. They have two large tanks on them and a variety of hoses and attachments. Those things do a good job at wet vacuuming and would be a better option for cleaning your car seats. I'm not so sure about the availability of them anymore though so mind me if you don't quite know what I'm talking about.

But if you have the time, you should just take your seats out and work on removing the trim from them so you can clean it thoroughly.

Cheers Daryl, I saw mighty car mods do it, and it did a great job. It actually made me sick seeing how much 'slime' they got out. I don't think woolies have those blue machines anymore. I'll have a look again though. Cheers for the reply :)

• 4 weeks later...

HI all

I used the Rug Doctor on my second car, and hired it from Bunnings.

All I can say is **** me (can I say that), it worked a treat.

You do have to go up and down many times for a clean result.

The only down side is that you have to also buy their shampoo and anti foam products.

I purchased the small bottles only.

Cheers

Ange..