What rims are these?

geestivo

Hi guys, these rims are on LFT20Y's Corolla Sportivo.

Now he says that these are 18" HP Design rims, but I can't find anything similar to them.

18inchhpdesign2.jpg

18inchhpdesign.jpg

I've done some research and have found these:

TR9002.jpg

^ These are Toro TR9002 17x7.5 ^

TR9003.jpg

^ These are Toro TR9003 17x7.5 ^

Both taken from: http://www.torowheels.com/collection.html

I'd ask him himself but he seems MIA and probably won't reply to my e-mail or PM. I'm thinking they are the TR9003's but I could be wrong.

If anyone had any information about these rims and their offsets and whether or not they will fit on the Corolla Sportivo, please tell me.

Thanks!

They are HP Fusion and I think only 18x8 :)

Right. All these offsets and whatnot are gibberish to me even though I read all the stickies and whatnot, can you tell me how rims that size will affect the car? Will it affect the speedo/turning circle and all that type of jazz?

Thanks for the speedy reply.

EDIT: The stock Sportivo rims are 4 stud, how can you get a 5 stud rim onto the car? Sorry for being a complete noob at this. Thanks.

Edited by geestivo

They look a lot like the Warwic Premium Mesh.

http://www.tempetyres.com.au/content/products/bg_warwicpremiummesh.jpg

http://www.tempetyres.com.au/products_closeup.asp?part=&part_no=415

They come in 18x7.5, 18x8 and 18x9. Not sure of which offsets they come in or whether they are available in 4-stud, but a quick call to Tempe or one of the many other resellers would answer that.

In terms of 5-stud onto a 4-stud wheel, thats a case of square-peg-in-round-hole. You can re-drill wheels, but you wouldn't. Just buy a 4-stud wheel (specifically you want a 4x100) in the first place. The offsets available are most likely +45 or +40 in these wheels, or thereabouts. The standard offset on the Sportivo is +45. Very basically, the lower the offset, the further out the wheel will sit. ie slightly lower than standard = looks tougher than standard. Massively lower than standard = stupid looking and generally quite illegal.

If you ran an 18x7.5" +45 wheel for example, (bearing in mind that standard is 16x6" +45), you stick the outside of the wheel 19mm further out, and you get 19mm LESS clearance on the inside, ie closer to the strut. If you chose an 18x7.5 +40 wheel, they would be 24mm further out, and 14mm less clearance on the inside. Hope that helps a bit.

Then you have to choose a tyre, ie 215/35 R18, 215/40 R18 or 225/35 R18. So many choices...! As I understand it, larger wheels and tyres = slightly heavier steering, potentially slightly larger turning circle. Having your speedo accuracy change comes down to tyre choice, and getting your rolling circumference as close to standard as possible (standard is 620mm).

Shoot me a PM if you want some more help with this, as I did this kind of research before buying my 17s. Be mindful of the legalities of various aspects of changing wheels, like offset (which affects track), rim diameter and width etc. You will also need to consider whether your car is lowered, and any guard-rolling that may be required etc...

So much to think about... :clap:

Adrian

Thank you, DamnFuzz.

Do you know of any rims that are similar to the one on the Corolla in the OP that come with 4 studs? Am a huge fan of these rims and would love something similar.

I will shoot you a PM when I have more time to compile a list.

Thanks again.

Speedy Cheetahs?

cheetah.jpg

Very common design (most wheel manufacturers have a version), the Speedy version used to come in 4-stud (from 17" up though), not sure if they still do or are only in Falcon/Commodore patterns now.

Fairly sure they're all just a derivative of one of the classic BBS styles

They aren't the Speedy Cheetahs as they dont have the design on the outer lip of the rim.

I've been doing some searches and can't seem to find these in 4 studs, has anyone got a link or something for rims that look nearly identical and have a decent offset, without changing the accuracy of the speedo so I won't cop fines or defects or whatever, of the Sportivo?

Thanks guys...

They aren't the Speedy Cheetahs as they dont have the design on the outer lip of the rim.

Yeah realised that, just offering a commonly available alternative. In my book you should really only have nuts on the rim if it's a 2/3-piece wheel anyway, if they're not physically needed then they tend to clutter up the design.

I've been doing some searches and can't seem to find these in 4 studs, has anyone got a link or something for rims that look nearly identical and have a decent offset, without changing the accuracy of the speedo so I won't cop fines or defects or whatever, of the Sportivo?

Thanks guys...

I have sent an email to one of my contacts for you today. Should have a reply in a couple of days.

Adrian

Damnfuzz - can you PM me all the information you know in regards to wheels heaps dumbed down?

I'm STILL having trouble understanding all the stuff about the offsets...

Thanks for having a shot anyways mate.

Particularly figuring out the offsets and whether or not the rims I look at and want will fit and not need alterations to the car like rolling the guards and stuff...

• 7 months later...

Speedy Cheetahs?

cheetah.jpg

Very common design (most wheel manufacturers have a version), the Speedy version used to come in 4-stud (from 17" up though), not sure if they still do or are only in Falcon/Commodore patterns now.

Fairly sure they're all just a derivative of one of the classic BBS styles

The Speedy Cheetahs are available in a 17x7.5 4x100 with 45 offset

• 2 weeks later...