EXHAUST PROBLEM!!

Fml. I just got my exhaust fixed which had a leak due to a crack in the welding around the middle resonator which made a puttty type noise. it's happened again 2 weeks after! I think it could be the exhaust being to low as i do scrap the middle of the exahust somtimes. Is their a way to lift the exhaust higher? It's a full exahust with str8 thru muffler. help me pls!

Asking if your replacement (ie. non-stock) exhaust can be lifted higher is pretty much useless without photos. For all we know, it may be possible... but we can't come to that conclusion. Either you will need to provide detailed photos or better still, ask an exhaust shop what they can recommend because an exhaust shop will most likely be the point of call in having such a thing done.

Try a better exhaust shop. The welds on my exhaust are going strong, they weren't cheap though.

Would u think if I go to an exhaust shop can strengthen the welds somehow?

the welds will be only as good as the metal your welding, do you have mild steel or stainless? If your car is lowered you will have ask your exhaust shop to tuck it up as high as possible. downside to this it could be more prone to rattling on the body and increased heat through the floor

get the exhaust re-made to sit closer to the body, if it's done right it wont hit the body anywhere. I've done a ZZE with a 5" center barrel and that car scrapes the chassis rails before the muffler hits the ground.

They can also weld in some flat bar between the pipe and the muffler edge to give it some additional strength.

Edited by CHA54

If it keeps cracking welds then it is either dodgy workmanship or the system is stressed in some way ie not made correctly with sufficient movement on mounts to allow it to move with engine.

• Like 2

the welds will be only as good as the metal your welding, do you have mild steel or stainless? If your car is lowered you will have ask your exhaust shop to tuck it up as high as possible. downside to this it could be more prone to rattling on the body and increased heat through the floor

Itis mild steel I've checked it's probably as high as the exhaust can go, so the solution will have to be to strengthen the welds somehow

I had super lows in the rear of my sportivo and my exhaust never broke. It used to just touch on monster speed bumps and that was about it.

Then again it was stainless steel and made by CES so quality is a given thing!!

• Like 3

I had super lows in the rear of my sportivo and my exhaust never broke. It used to just touch on monster speed bumps and that was about it.

Is the CES muffler str8 thru or chambered?

Is the CES muffler str8 thru ?