Ben Yip 's ZRE Facelift

ben yip

There is always room for improvement! :P you should look into an lsd and different ratio box should drop your.time even moreso! ;)

Good stuff ben! Thats a good lap time :D

Edited by 4ABHGE

Went to eastern creek today. The weather was wet, and eastern creek got the new layout. My car handles perfectly on the wet, and I can push my car in the wet quite well. I overtake a lot of cars today.

I drive with stability control on, it really helps to learn the track, ABS kicks in in few corners due to slippery condition.. My car never spun out of the track... I love raining conditions now

On the full straight, I am driving 170km/h (on the speedometer), with around 130km/h on turn 1

Last year, I drove with eastern creek on the wet and my skills are not up to challenge, after doing a lot of research and playing a lot of raining conditions in my Codemaster F12011, my skill has significantly improved

Below is how John Boston drove my car around eastern creek new layout, even he spun off at first, he was quite aggressive on the wet..

Unfortunately, the new layout of eastern creek's track day is significantly more expensive, with $340 for only 4 sessions, compared to $330 for 6 sessions, John Boston is no longer teaching eastern creek...I am not going there anymore for the time being..

http://youtu.be/ND1zC_7T6II

Edited by ben yip

Great driving Ben!! I love how you were just walking past every one :D

Im not sure i like the new layout, too squiggly for no reason apart from adding more time to a lap, doesnt look like it is suited to proper racing either as there are no extra overtaking opportunities in that section... what is it like to drive?

Great driving Ben!! I love how you were just walking past every one :D

Im not sure i like the new layout, too squiggly for no reason apart from adding more time to a lap, doesnt look like it is suited to proper racing either as there are no extra overtaking opportunities in that section... what is it like to drive?

that is NOT my driving, that is John Boston (famous professional driver) driving.. but my driving is not bad and not far away from him, and I overtook a number of people as well

The new layout is more fun, the old one is too easy to drive, the worse thing in Eastern creek is they got patches every where on the track, so that's why people spin off (Look at 07:00 and you know what I mean). The camber of the track makes the car more prone to oversteer as well, which is not good for the wet...

The track got at least 3 different tarmac, the spun you saw in 07:00 just illustrate how grip level changes..

Absolutely no lift off oversteering, keep the throttle. Brake is tricky, with ABS kicking in in downhill, and trial braking in the wet is difficult

I learn a lot in the wet and understand how the car handles now, I build up a lot more confidence now in the wet. Stability control is very useful for me to find the right limit

Edited by ben yip

My mistake, nevertheless, my point still stands!

I guess it would be boring in a low powered FWD hatch.... maybe get something RWD with 300kw then it wont be boring? ;)

And yeah i see what you mean with the patches...

My mistake, nevertheless, my point still stands!

I guess it would be boring in a low powered FWD hatch.... maybe get something RWD with 300kw then it wont be boring? ;)

And yeah i see what you mean with the patches...

Last year, I drove with eastern creek on the wet and my skills are not up to challenge, after doing a lot of research and playing a lot of raining conditions in my Codemaster F12011, my skill has significantly improved

facepalm.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

My trunck is leaking water after raining. Please look at the pictures below.

Reasons:

1. Someone has crashed to me at the back a long time ago

2. Tracking has bent the chasis a bit

Any suggestions? I am going to buy silicon sealant to see

post-18026-0-59733400-1339882107_thumb.j

post-18026-0-44011400-1339882119_thumb.j

post-18026-0-94825100-1339882131_thumb.j

did someone actually hit u from behind a long time ago? yesterday i checked my mates sportivo which never been in an accident and the way we sprayed the high pressure water at the jet wash, water still leaked inside the car from the foam seals of the tail light. so it must be a factory fault or something.

when i sprayed mine, it was leaking under the latch for the hatch back tail gate and into the spare wheel compartment. which i think it fair enough as i was spraying the high pressure water directly into the gaps at one stage. rain water will only travel where gravity takes it. the pressure of the water shooting will make it bounce upward and into the seals and then into the cabin.

your best bet is to wipe the inside clean and go to the jet wash with someone and them sitting in ur car and seeing if any water leaks in from the outside when you spray it with water. just imitate heavy torrential rain. dont go spraying directly into the gaps. see where the point of entry is before you start attacking the car with silicon.

I finally found out why. I think it is useful to you as well..

As you know, my left part of the car has been resprayed due to my accident in Winton last year (just scratches)

I checked my car underneath, below the left front door and left rear door position. 4 botls are missing underneath (you have to jack the car up to see), water just entered via the holes during raining (because the wheels splashed the water into the holes), and then it comes out at the trunk.. Another evidence when I jack the car up at the front to a very high position, water just leaked from the trunk.

I also remove the whole carpet at the backseat, it is soaked with water

My panel beater just forgot to put back the bolts when he took the "left underneath panel" to repsray..

I just don't like cutting corners jobs

Edited by ben yip

• 1 month later...

Someone crashed on me, I did not speeding

Video footage is below, video camera can be bought from http://www.ebay.com....=item4ab9395821

This device is quite useful in this scenario, unfortunately, resolution is not high enough to see the license plate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58m-P2vJyPc

Edited by ben yip

That's bad luck Ben, not too much damage I hope. A few of our drivers are buying cameras as well due to most people saying " it was the trucks fault" ha well now they can prove otherwise.. Plenty of crazy P plate footage that's for sure :lol:

That's bad luck Ben, not too much damage I hope. A few of our drivers are buying cameras as well due to most people saying " it was the trucks fault" ha well now they can prove otherwise.. Plenty of crazy P plate footage that's for sure :lol:

you should see the idiots i deal with everyday on woodville rd .

p platers , pensioners , anyone i have proof of wreckless driving,

if only i was a cop

Were you on a Toll road at the time? If so then considering you have a time, place and good description of the vehicle tracking them down would be a piece of *****

You currently know it's a 1997 or 1998 Silver Holden VT Commodore V6. That helps a bit too.

• 1 month later...

Got a wireless orbit sander to do waxing for $50 (excluding battery), combing with tech wax, result is quite promising

6210309.jpgnxt_tech_wax_2.0.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------

I am trying to lower the back of the car, but without succeded, probably have to see John's car (junvenille)to see how he set up (we are using pedders coilover). I might need a spring compressor to adjust the height of the spring

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Went to eastern creek yesterday, now is called Sydney Motorsport Park, trying the new layout..

Speedometer hits 182km/h on the main straight on 5th gear, my GPS shows 178km/h. My GPS shows measures the speed betwen 2 points in a straight line between each second, so it is only accruate on straight line

The speed is so high that the wind has popped the front bumper off a bit a few times (I was missing one screw on the side of the bumper)

First corner, the speedometer is 160-170km/h

I push quite hard to get two 2:26...It is my first time on the dry, so I am happy..

The video has 2 clean laps followed some traffic, that green mercedes is a C43 V8 engine, I can still keep on, so it is good enough. He used Toyo R888 as well

I have practised in computer game (rfactor) many times (old layout) before going there, the braking point, technique are very close

The first left haripin is not easy, it is a double apex, I practised in computer game for a while in order to get it right

(below is not my driving, but showing a good racing line)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qt9f_seQpug

Edited by ben yip