Product 'Review' Thread

@andrew357

The big guy might organise some stuff for you

PH1.jpg

Just like light fantastic, this product works best on dark coloured cars (black, garphite). Applied with a foam applicator in a left to right motion on freshly prep'd paint work, this product will leave a light film once applied. Allowing this product to cure for 15-40 mins (depending on weather conditions) is recommend.

Do not let this product "cake on". It will be a b1tch to remove and nothing is gained by it.

Best to remove the wax with a good clean mircofibre towel. Wipe the cured wax off against the grain, flipping the microfibre regularly to prevent clogging.

Result: awesome paint work.

UPDATE: This product lasted me one month with the car parked outside everyday and exposed to all the elements. This might not sound like a long time, but compared to other products, you will see the savings in the long term.

• 2 weeks later...

510kg%2BjQtmL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I think the name tells the story.

I have used this product on my exterior black trim (wiper blades, rubber door seals, black trim in the engine bay) and have been blow away at how good it is.

Only a little drop is required on a foam applicator and you can cover both wiper blades and any trim around the wiper spindles.

With a matte black finish, watermelon smell and great non-oily finish, this product does give a "BLACK WOW" to your exterior trim.

I have had this product on the car for 2 weeks, left in the elements outside (wind / rain / sun) and the exterior treated areas are still black.

The product isn't the cheapest ($34 for a 4oz bottle), but the "Less is more" theory needs to be exercised to gain maximum results.

Well worth a try and great if your about to enter your car in a show and shine and are looking for that "great natural showroom finish"

UPDATE:::::::

I just did the area around the wiper spindles on my car and below is a half / half shot

f5d38225.jpg

born-slippy-refill-500ml.jpg

Dodo Juice Born Slippy - A true Clay Lubricate

While some product claim to be a quick detailer / clay lubricate, this just doesn't make sense. A quick detailer should be a product that is used on final inspection at a show and shine to remove any little water marks that you may have missed, not a be all end all product.

The Born Slippy is designed to work with all good quality clay bars (clay magic) to help the clay glide over the paint work and remove all the nasty contaminants. For a guide to claying your car click HERE

The concentrate dilutes to a 1:5 ratio, so a 500ml bottle goes a long way.

Like all Dodo Juice products, it smells funky and is easy to work with.

A must for the True Perfectionist.

510kg%2BjQtmL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I think the name tells the story.

I have used this product on my exterior black trim (wiper blades, rubber door seals, black trim in the engine bay) and have been blow away at how good it is.

Only a little drop is required on a foam applicator and you can cover both wiper blades and any trim around the wiper spindles.

With a matte black finish, watermelon smell and great non-oily finish, this product does give a "BLACK WOW" to your exterior trim.

I have had this product on the car for 2 weeks, left in the elements outside (wind / rain / sun) and the exterior treated areas are still black.

The product isn't the cheapest ($34 for a 4oz bottle), but the "Less is more" theory needs to be exercised to gain maximum results.

Well worth a try and great if your about to enter your car in a show and shine and are looking for that "great natural showroom finish"

What does it actually do for the wiper blades? By wiper blades, I'm assuming it's the rubber bit that wipes your windshield. Does it actually clean the wiper blade or just make it look black?

34c2u27p.jpg?1300406425

AutoBrite's Snow Foam+

Who said car washing was boring? This product combine with a snow foam lance and high pressure hose make for an awesome pre-wash solution.

Snow foam is designed to loosen the dirt on the car before you give it a rinse. Its great for a "touch-less" solution, but no good if your dirt is baked on.

Best to use this product if you car is heaps dirty and there a lots of s**t that needs moving. Designed to minimise scratching, this will gentle remove to dirt from the paint work and once rinsed off with high pressure make the task of hand washing easy.

Don't think this is a "spray and wipe" kind of product. A hand wash is essantial after the use of snow foam.....but why not make it easy and fun :)

Quick youtube video

UPDATE

I made a black car white, Maybe I should call it "Wacko Jacko"

d7e00658.jpg

I use that Autobrite Snow Foam with the lance. Bought it from Car Care Product too.

Thing is, I'm still not sure if it's the Snow Foam or the pressure washer that loosen the dirt. lol

Naaawwww :huh: you guys with gernies/karchers get way more foam stick than i do with my mains unit :( I wish i didnt screw up and got the adjustable rate version...

I tend to mix NXT wash with the Snow foam for more foam/stick.

It does disolve and soften the nasties tho i find.

What does it actually do for the wiper blades? By wiper blades, I'm assuming it's the rubber bit that wipes your windshield. Does it actually clean the wiper blade or just make it look black?

P_T, I do the wiper arm and the blades, then I let it soak in before I use the wipers :)

rzkqaw9u.jpg

Not bad for a Tyre gel....and it doesn't look sticky on the rubber

Like all Tyre dressing, you need to make sure your rubber is clean before you apply the product.

I used the left over suds bucket and a large soft tyre brush to clean down the dirt off the rubber, then dried it down with a old cotton rag.

Once clean, I got a Curved Tyre Gel Applicator and placed a few drops on it, then applied it to the trye. I let the product sit for about 10 mins before I re-applied as it just needed a little bit more shine. More applications = more shine. One thing to note, don't flood your applicator with product, it's just a waste a waste of a good product.

I've yet to see how long this product lasts, but so far, so good.

• 3 weeks later...

96snrv4b.jpg?1311658579

Dodo Juice Tyromania

....interesting concept, but the jury is still out

I recently ran a test with berry tyre gel on the passengers side of the car and the dodo juice tyromania on the drivers side. The results are pretty clear, the berry tyre gel did a great job with a light / satin shine, but the tyromania was a bit of work. After getting advise on the how to use the tyromania, it all became clear. Apply with the applicator supplied, let it set for 5-10 mins, buff to get a light / satin finish.

The one big plus to tryomania is the durability. Whilst the berry tyre gel gives a more instant satin / light finish, it lacks longevity. The passenger side tyres are already showing some brown / brake dust spots but the drivers side is still looking "like new".

Just so people understand the context of these tests. I follow what is says on the tin / advise from the store i get them from. The car is parked outside in a quite street with and underground while at work. It is washed on a weekly basis using a snow foam lance, 2 bucket method, rinse with gerni, waffle weave drying towel.

Overall, great product if you want the "factory finish" look. If you want to add shine, try something different.

UPDATE:::::

This is only dodo product so far i'm not tooo happy about. It does what is says on the tin, but for the money, the autobrite tyre gel leaves it for dead.

Dodo Supernatural Shampoo:

293-189-large.jpg

Use/Results:

From Dodo's premium "Supernatural" line. A minimally foaming but superbly lubricating shampoo. Only a few pumps for a half bucket of warm water is needed (4ml in 6l!!). The minimal foaming/lather is deceptive, as normally most products I use foam/lather quite a bit, you could be convinced that Supernatural Shampoo isnt doing much. Then you realize the amazing 'glide' of the product, i was using a Meg's Lambswool mit, very very little friction is felt while wiping. Paint cleaning is bloody great, there are non of the little yellows spots or dark specks that you normally have to work a bit harder with, it easily dissolves and removes them in the normal side-to-side motion of cleaning. Rising is probably the best product i have come across personally. Very easy to rinse off, leaving no residue in the channels or low bits that you have to come back to and rinse out. Very gentle on wax layers, and it cleaned my wheels very nicely too.

Overall very impressed with the results and ease of use. Another great product from the guys'n'gals @ Dodo.

Blurb From Dodo (so i dont have to re-spiel it all:) )

"Dodo Juice Supernatural Shampoo is as concentrated as it gets for car wash shampoos. It contains no bulking agents, artificial thickeners, fragrances or unnecessary foaming agents that most cheap washes rely on just to feel good.

However it does contain a carefully balanced pH balanced blend of surfactants and organic/inorganic cleansers to help it clean paintwork thoroughly without affecting the wax layers on your car or leaving residues.

Foamy, lubricious and super concentrated (1 to 1500 with water) it also contains limescale inhibitors, sheeting agents to enhance rinsing and anti-static agents to ensure it offers the highest levels of performance.

It also has a pump dispenser making it easy to use: one pump for every 3 litre’s of water."

:clap: Excellent write up

I have a small box of Meguairs cleaning/detail gear that i keep in the boot of my car. Havent really tried a lot of other products as i find the Meguairs range works for me at a reasonable price. B)

Im still a fan of Meguairs, dont get me wrong, but have found some bloody great products in the Dodo lineup. For the price, Dodo can easily compete with some of the big guns in the car care product game at a fraction of the price!

Scholl Concepts S17+ Paint Renovator

Scholl Concepts White Polishing Foam Hand Puck

news_7_spautopia.jpgpucks.jpg

Application:

S17+ applied with a Scholl Concepts white foam hand puck.

After the grainy eff-up (totally my fault)of the Autoglym EGP over Dodo Diamond white Wax on my 2002 Millennium Silver LS430, Ive called in the big guns from Germany to help clean up the troubled paintwork. I have not done the whole car, but have tried a quick application/polish on the C pillar and boot. The hand puck is very comfortable and allows for easy application of even firm pressure when polishing. Amount of S17+ product needed is quite small, and Scholl recommend to not use too much or the lubricants will prevent adequate micro-abrasion. After approx 2 min hand polishing the C-pillar, I was amazed at the fine yet very noticeable cut of the S17+. To the touch the paint/clearcoat was very very smooth and glass like. All the grainyness was completely gone, and the paint had indeed been renovated. Application on the boot also yielded fantastic results for the short period of polishing. As the car is silver, it is hard to comment on hologram removal but from pictures and research of the S17+ i had done before purchase, the results on dark cars are nothing short of awesome. Nil holograms were left. Nothing but smooth glassy paintwork. The S17+ can be followed up with S40 for a finer finish before waxing if required. Upon washing today, and application of Megs Ultimate Quick Detailer, i could easily feel the silky smoothness of the areas hit with the S17+ treatment, compared to the rest of the body. The difference was incredible. I think ive found my new love.

Removal/buffing:

Removal of the polish and quick buff to shine was done using a Megs gold polishing cloth. Removal was a little harder than normal waxes (as it is a polish paste) but it quickly and easily buffed to a beautiful shine without any issues.

Note: Many professional detailers in Europe love this stuff and couldnt live without it. There are a few reviews out there that liken and put on par the S17+ to Merzerna Intensive Polish after extensive testing.

Results:

Ill post up pics later

Great Paint damage/correction chart i found from Scholl (and no, im not being paid by them to sprook their wares! B))

lackaufbau_endconsumer_en_a4.jpg

^^^^^^^ Pete like this and will DEMAND! that he can play with it in November :ph34r:

.....not really, but I'd be interested in the results on a swirly paint job (before and after)

• 2 weeks later...

OK, i'm back :)

wolfs-chemicals-decon-gel-lg.jpg

Wolf Chemical Decon Gel - great for baked on narsties.

I tested this product on my rims recently and found the results to be quite amazing. It lifted all the hard to get at brake dust with ease. Left on for 10 minutes to work its magic, it lifts the dust right off.

I used a chemical tolerant bottle to spray the decon gel on. I didn't use any wheel brushes to agitate to brake dust.......but this is recommended just to help the product go that extra mile.

Summary: A great product, needs a little work to get it going on light soilings, but otherwise a worthy player in the field................ITS ALSO PH NEUTRAL! so its safe on all wheel finishes :)

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a mini review on the Menzerna sample kit that I got from Waxit.com.au.

All products were used with the Concours 900 random orbital and Lake CCS pads (Orange, white, blue).

Menzerna PF2500 - Power Finish

Light/Light-medium cutting power with a low defect finish and good gloss which makes it a good product to be used as a standalone polish.

When bundled with the Lake CCS Orange pad, this product is very effective against moderate swirling and light/moderate scratches. The polish is a diminishing polish and it is easy to work with and detecting it's 'ready' state is not difficult. It is a thicker liquid so it isn't as prone to slinging as some products. The finish is surprisingly good with a good glossy finish and there is very little in the way of remaining defects; which makes it able to be used as a standalone polish. However, it does lay down a good platform for finer polishing and waxes. Like other Menzerna polishes, it will require the surface to be de-oiled if using other waxes.

Menzerna UF5000 - Ultimate Finish

Very light cutting power with a high gloss finish, perfect for light swirl removal and finishing off more aggressive cuts.

When bundled with a Lake CCS Blue pad, UF5000 is a fantastic polish to remove light swirls and defects left behind from more aggressive polishes. Like all Menzerna polishes, it is a diminishing polish that will need de-oiling if using other waxes and like the PF2500, this is a thicker polish which helps it resist slinging. The glossy finish of UF5000 is fantastic.

Menzerna SWPROTECT - Paint Sealant & Wax

Seals and protects while adding an extra depth of colour to your paintwork

SWPROTECT is a sealant and wax in one which does a good job of increasing the lustre of your paint while adding the protective layer of wax at the same time. It is like the other Menzerna products except this is a little thinner than the polishes and is prone to slinging if you aren't careful. Definitely worthwhile using.

Below are some pictures of some work done on my dad's Camry and my brother's Focus. Very happy with how things turned out.

cambon.jpg

cambon2.jpg

cambon3.jpg

focusbon.jpg

focusbon2.jpg

bv58sfxp.jpg?1300406425

Dodo Juice Red Mist Detailer

Recently ranked No1 for spray detailers, this product earns its stripes left, right and centre.

Easy to apply with a super soft MF cloth, they product should be used sparingly (ie 1 spray for small panels, 2 sprays for bigger panels). The product should glide on with ease and provider truely awesome water beeding properties. Buff excess off with a super fluffy MF towel.

In finishing, This product is great if you have just spent 6 hrs working on your paintwork when you find a little water spot or a fine layer of dust has settled. Also can be used as your "best mate" at the next show and shine :)