TRD SUPERCHARGER 1ZZ-FE question

the TRD supercharger is for the ascent..... ive been researching.... cant find the figures to state how much power and torque it produces.... and wat sort of quarter it puts out

wat does the pack come with? everything including the cpu... im currently thinkin of getting one.... hopefully it can keep up with a RX8 or beat it....

rx8.........erm bit hard man, even with a s/c i think would be hard to beat, u can maybe keep up.....

at most from a s/c u'll get 120? kw?

my bro's my05 can just beat the rx8.... like cant flog it as such but yeah winnable

= )

i know this might not be what your looking for,but lotus have a model called the Exige, which as the 2zz-ge (uk t-sport engine) with supercharger and intercooler which is producing 243hp-170lbft torque.

Talk to grimlock hes corolla is supercharged i think hes only got 105 at the wheels... theres no way you will beat an RX8 ... and a sportivo will still chop you at top end speeds...

It would be heaps quick at takeoff though ... i was thinking about supercharging mine too but now i might be selling and getting the Integra type R ..

Edited by obsessionz

http://www.toysport.com/webpages/WebUpdate...rts/1zzfeSC.htm

here's some basic figures.... but based on the matrix.

mind you, when you go for kind of mod you'll be looking at a heap of other stuff.... (as many of us has already discussed... Danz, shao etc etc...)

you'll need a new clutch, while you're at it... flywheel, LSD (if you can afford it) and the list goes on...

the clutch and flywheel and suspension alone is able to increase your 1/4 mile speed from (in case on my car or northy's old 1zz) from about 16.4 (avg) to 15.9 seconds....

so... you'll be looking at other variables and not the S/C solely...

read more and do more to your car then you'll understand and appreciate the importance of other mods....

Power isn't everything. On the street, Torque wins! if you have the right rubber and is able to put the power down on a SC 1ZZ, a 2ZZ with CAI etc etc would be given a good run.... Check the FAT torque curve....

2ZZ might win on peak power, but on launch if driven proper the SC 1zz would be a breath taker!

http://www.toysport.com/webpages/WebUpdate...rts/1zzfeSC.htm

here's some basic figures.... but based on the matrix.

mind you, when you go for kind of mod you'll be looking at a heap of other stuff.... (as many of us has already discussed... Danz, shao etc etc...)

you'll need a new clutch, while you're at it... flywheel, LSD (if you can afford it) and the list goes on...

the clutch and flywheel and suspension alone is able to increase your 1/4 mile speed from (in case on my car or northy's old 1zz) from about 16.4 (avg) to 15.9 seconds....

so... you'll be looking at other variables and not the S/C solely...

read more and do more to your car then you'll understand and appreciate the importance of other mods....

Power isn't everything. On the street, Torque wins! if you have the right rubber and is able to put the power down on a SC 1ZZ, a 2ZZ with CAI etc etc would be given a good run.... Check the FAT torque curve....

2ZZ might win on peak power, but on launch if driven proper the SC 1zz would be a breath taker!

yup, i reckon with the s/c 1zz, all launches being equally good, should get a good lead, with the 2zz clawing it back close to the end of second. would be close down the 1/4. if u launch crap, and shift like a soft cat, even a decent 1zz would **** all over u, isn't that right northy :P

say if i do go with the TRD Supercharger option. can i run more boost? opposed to the 7.5psi?

for the exhasut... its gonna have extractors and full exhaust and a "fake N1 Spoon exhaust can"<= developed in aus.

hey, i thought the trd s/c wasn't supposed to be used with the trd CAI?

It wasn't, because it would not pass emission rule, but it fit perfectly so why not.

haha! well said! :D

i think, no one here in this forums care about the emissions.....

going for a bigger pulley. is that gonna be easy to find? or do i go to C.A.P.A and get them fabricate one...?

how do they figure out how much boost it wil make?

i think, no one here in this forums care about the emissions.....

going for a bigger pulley. is that gonna be easy to find? or do i go to C.A.P.A and get them fabricate one...?

how do they figure out how much boost it wil make?

boost meter maybe?!

besides, why would you be concerned if you were going to get them to make you one anyway?!

i think the tip from me would be...

get one first.... then worry about the rest...

boost it up anymore think about your internals / fuel supply...

actually... i want to get the s/c kit. just doin some homework before i waste the money.

gonna give CAPA a ring for a eaton M45 supercharger and see if it can be bolt on and prices. the unichip for the computer.

maybe cheaper than the trd kit and better..

i dun wanna rush into something that i dun noe about

actually... i want to get the s/c kit. just doin some homework before i waste the money.

i dun wanna rush into something that i dun noe about

Wouldn't it be cheaper to by a 2ZZ front cut.... ;)

The TRD S/C comes with new intake manifold, if C.A.P.A can fabricated one that would be cool.

Its different driving boosted car to N/A, try driving GT-R or Evolution, boy oh boy, the tourqe is absolutely mad, but that's turbo and u have to wait till 3000rpm or so. Supercharged car being boosted down low on the rpm would make driving a breeze.

driving an older corolla with a MAP sensored 4AGZE (supercharged, 123kw from factory) is still one of my favorite "fun" cars to drive. Loads of power and torque from 1500rpm, the only downside is the rapid tyre wear ;) bit of a pain to accelerate in the wet though as you can't just stomp the throttle without breaking into wheelspin. Lots of fun though :D

The little 1.6L supercharged 4agze has 30% more torque than the 2ZZ right through the powerband, but not as much HP at the wheels. (Comparing my old GZE to Shao's old 2ZZ with TRD intake and aftermarket muffler)

Personally I'd love to drive a supercharged 1ZZ with 10psi put through it, would be a brilliant car to drive IMO.