Nitto tires?

DJKOR

I was wondering if anyone here has had experience with Nitto Tires? I seem to read good things about these tires, but as with most reviews, it's hard to decide who's side you want to agree with.

Being the person that I am, I don't like trying to justify spending $400 a pop for 19 inch tires on my TRD when you can get some fairly good alternatives out there for half the price. Right now I have made the shift to Federal which at the moment I am using the 595SS for $195 a corner with some fairly good performance. Since the 595EVO was on backorder when I needed tires but is now available, I was planning to make the change to the Evo's which will not cost too much more.

Today I came across Nitto Tires and wondered if they may be worth trying out. I would probably get the INVO (seems to be around $230 a corner), although if I can source some for a good price I will try out the NT-05 (currently around $300 a corner).

Does anyone know if these tires are on par with Federal or are they mostly better or worse.

At the moment, the Nitto NT-05 gets a plus in my books because it's about the only semi-slick out there that is affordable for me that would fit on my 19 inch TRD wheels and stay the same size as stock.

The NT-05 look & sound ok,1st time i've had a good look at this brand....any idea what load & speed rating they are,sorry if i missed it in the write up.

at $300 per corner for NT-05 it's almost worth taking a chance just to see how they hold up,my T1R's are wearing fast so i will be looking sooner rather than later and i was also told they don't make T1R's anymore so these could be an option in the future.

T1R tread wear 230 NT-05 tread wear 200...mmmmm sticky

• 5 months later...

Back in the day Nitto were big in the Jap drift scene. They were mostly running them as semi slicks on the front... I ran a second hand pair on the front for a while on the cressy, very soft compound and killer grip. But that was then, this is now, and im unsure of their current range. Im talking about ten odd years ago.... I thought they were Jap manufactured?

I have not tried NT05.

but a fan of mine is using NT01 in track days, they are better than R888

but Nitto is originated from Toyo anyways

Edited by ben yip

Back in the day Nitto were big in the Jap drift scene. They were mostly running them as semi slicks on the front... I ran a second hand pair on the front for a while on the cressy, very soft compound and killer grip. But that was then, this is now, and im unsure of their current range. Im talking about ten odd years ago.... I thought they were Jap manufactured?

I've always associated Nitto with drag cars in old car mags, never see them on the streets, well times are a changin..Might go check them out when I can

My cousins run nitto on their cars and they seem to love them. not sure which they runs but the cars are pretty much street/drag cars mini tubbed for drag racing they are pretty much on par with the mickey thompson and also ive seen a few guys with evo running nitto semi slick at time attacks so i would give them a try

• 5 weeks later...

Old thread but my brother got some Nitto INVO for his VE Senator and says they are much better overall than the RE050A's he replaced them with.

Better in the dry but significantly better in the wet and a fraction of the price of the Bridgestones.

Excellent, they say they're fairly quiet as well. Just found out Nitto are owned by Toyo and made in Japan but as I thought they are/were more focused on the US market...

NT05's look hot too... I think i'll be going Nitto as well next set...

Do they look aggressive Andrew?

• 1 month later...

Around $650 mark, so he showed me some new Yokis in 215/45 with the best rim protector i have ever seen, they were $560

After new rims but need tyres for the Mel trip so either way I'll buy them

Damn I didn't really get the name, not S or C Drives though.. One of the dB ones with asymmetrical design...

I think similar to what's on the Lexus ct200h