INSURANCE!! NEWBIE HERE!!

ROMS

Hi everyone!! I'm a newbie her and I'm from Sydney.. I've got a black 2003 corolla sportivo havent done much to it at the moment.. current mods done at the moment are . xforce dual tip muffler, Konig unkown rims (deep dish)(17's) clarion touch screen head unit, Rockford fostgate amps monoblock (punch series) and two 12 inch subs rockfordfostgate punch pre-loaded series. just been looking around the forum and i've been seeing hot corollas guys so 2 thumbs up for that :D. i was thinking of getting a CAI (TRD) just wondering if i dont let my insurance company know that i've installed these and then get to a car accident is my whole insurance voided or will they only refuse to pay for the CAI..and with the guys and gals who have CAI did u let ur insurance company know?? and does any guys around Sydney know of a good place i can get a TRD CAI and get them installed ??

Cheers guys!! :) :) :)

Welcome to TOCAU

Mate, call your insurance company as they are all different and then they treat people differently, because of ratings etc.

eg, I am 29 and rating 1 and have never made a claim, so when I spoke to my insurance co mpany, they said - No Problemo...

If you for example were 19 and haven't had insurance long, then good luck...

Just call them, and ask them (anonymously.....)

Thanks Azza!! when u did let your insurance company know did they class that as a modification and increase your premiun?? and if so by how much?? coz when i let them know of my mags they increased my premium by $100.. so I'm assuming that for every mod i do theyre gonna increase my premium by $100 :(

Thanks Azza!! when u did let your insurance company know did they class that as a modification and increase your premiun?? and if so by how much?? coz when i let them know of my mags they increased my premium by $100.. so I'm assuming that for every mod i do theyre gonna increase my premium by $100  :(

Depending on the mod mate, some insurance companies will increase the premium, some wont... just depending on the value of the mod i guess. Which insurance company are you with by the way?

My insurer allows 3 performance enhancing mods (except supercharger or turbo) without altering my premiums.

Anything extra over the 3 mods will will increase my premiums.

I can add supercharger or turbo, but will cost me extra premium immeadiatly

i told them about the CAI

they more worried abt how much the mod is worth compared to the actual mod :)

that guy didnt know what cold air intake was.....im with RAC insurance in perth, i increased the insured value for my car from 22500 to 25000 and upped my premium by 31 bux

im like what the hey

Thanks Azza!! when u did let your insurance company know did they class that as a modification and increase your premiun?? and if so by how much?? coz when i let them know of my mags they increased my premium by $100.. so I'm assuming that for every mod i do theyre gonna increase my premium by $100  :(

Depending on the mod mate, some insurance companies will increase the premium, some wont... just depending on the value of the mod i guess. Which insurance company are you with by the way?

BigBum is absolutely correct. For example, the insurer I worked for used a points system, all mods had a points score, and there was a maximum score that you could reach to be automatically accepted, otherwise they would need to consider it as a special case, which usually means that if you're accepted, you would have a decent excess and/or extra premium to pay.

Under that system, something like a towbar or basic stereo system was worth 0 points, non-standard wheels were worth 5 points, something like a turbo was worth the maximum points straight away ... that doesn't include your brake, wheel, exhaust upgrades which would go along with it. If you're under 25, the points are doubled.

Every company is different, so if you already have a policy, check with your insurer, if you don't, shop around.

Edited by Buddha