ZRE big brakes

juvenile

Tempting indeed....

hmm, not sure if it fits my car, since my car has a larger disc than pre-facelift due to VSC

Anyone can guide me?

I am more inclined to RDA slotted..don't know where to find

I read articles that cross-drilled is not suitable for tracking.

also, special pad are required.. what happen if my pad is out?

i have found this EBC as well

http://ebcrotors.com/c-62_2010-toyota-corolla_ebc-rotors.aspx

very hot black colour

224_1_.jpg

also, Keshinx heped me to find this braided brake lines at the bottom

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300392955053&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I am still doing research of whether changing rotor is necessary for my car in Wakefield....my brake pad works in very high temperature and my brake fluid can reach almost 300 degree.. How much heat is carried away by this rotor? I don't know

Edited by ben yip

hmm, not sure if it fits my car, since my car has a larger disc than pre-facelift due to VSC

I'd imagine it would still fit (that's if the US kit works on the AUS model) because even though you may have different rotors on the facelift, you are changing the calliper as well and you'd think the mounting points would be the same.

Cross drilled rotors would be more susceptible to cracking when exposed to track use, but it's not to say that you will definitely have that issue. Considering the size of the rotor for the car it would be used on, I think you would be relatively safe because they would provide plenty of stopping power before reaching their limits. But that's my own thinking, I'm no expert.

also, special pad are required.. what happen if my pad is out?

I am still doing research of whether changing rotor is necessary for my car in Wakefield....my brake pad works in very high temperature and my brake fluid can reach almost 300 degree.. How much heat is carried away by this rotor? I don't know

The cross drilling is useful for racing, but. Cracks do form at the holes as they are stress raisers, doesn't matter the weight or speed, cracks can still form as 1300kg of car moving at 150km/h or so still contains a lot of kinetic energy. The purpose of cross drilling is to give the gases released from the brake pads somewhere to go (into the ventilation channel). Just keep an eye on the holes to ensure the cracks aren't getting serious.

Rotor surface treatments are only required if the pad selection has be chosen correctly for the application and the car is suffering from brake fade due to out gassing. A soft pedal from boiled or old brake fluid, or overheating pads wont be solved by slots and holes. Cheapest way to get the brake rotor breathing is by removing the shields from behind the rotor, makes a huge difference and costs nothing but time.

Tempting indeed....

isn't it just :D

Always thought Wilwood were like a couple of grand, and UK brand.. Not a big fan of drilled, always preferred grooved/slotted but what a top price.. So tempting, ZRE brakes are crap

Rotor surface treatments are only required if the pad selection has be chosen correctly for the application and the car is suffering from brake fade due to out gassing. A soft pedal from boiled or old brake fluid, or overheating pads wont be solved by slots and holes. Cheapest way to get the brake rotor breathing is by removing the shields from behind the rotor, makes a huge difference and costs nothing but time.

what is the point of changing rotor then? the track i am racing only need to brake 3 times in a 1:20 lap, i doubt whether overheating in a problem... they are as follows

First brake usage 150km/h to 80km/h in <3 seconds

Second brake usage 120km/h to 60km/h in <3 seconds

Third brake usage 125 km/h to 60km/h in <3 seconds

Moreover, my A1RM brake pad has very few dust, I start to doubt the advantages of changing brake rotors. I did not suffer brake fade so far

Edited by ben yip