Problem with the colt : /

ELEGNT

Could be a number of problems. But how is the tune, who did it? Is it spitting out oil or fuel?

The smoke when not at operating temperature could be caused by the temperature enrichment being far too high. Again on the over run the injectors could still be pumping fuel in to get around running lean (lean in this case is fine).

If it is overfueling be careful as the fuel can wash the oil off of the bores and cause wear. Oil analysis kits can confirm fuel dilution if you think it is running rich, only cost $33 and results back in a week.

its definatly oil man, my coolent temp enrich is high but its definatly oil.

i did a compression test last night, compression was ok

did a leak down test too only between 4-8% leak down which tells me its not glazed bores and not getting blow by.

the spark plugs where nearly dripping of oil though and there was a pool of oil sitting ontop of the pistons

its either valve stem seals or valve guides, id think?

yeah its gotta be something in the head... like i said, your seals probably went hard from lack of oil for however long, and now they are shot.

correct! dont want to do valve stem seals then find out the real problem is valve guides. but to do valve guides its a head off job

Could be a number of problems. But how is the tune, who did it? Is it spitting out oil or fuel?

The smoke when not at operating temperature could be caused by the temperature enrichment being far too high. Again on the over run the injectors could still be pumping fuel in to get around running lean (lean in this case is fine).

If it is overfueling be careful as the fuel can wash the oil off of the bores and cause wear. Oil analysis kits can confirm fuel dilution if you think it is running rich, only cost $33 and results back in a week.

did a leak down test too only between 4-8% leak down which tells me its not glazed bores and not getting blow by.

the spark plugs where nearly dripping of oil though and there was a pool of oil sitting ontop of the pistons

yeah its gotta be something in the head... like i said, your seals probably went hard from lack of oil for however long, and now they are shot.

correct! dont want to do valve stem seals then find out the real problem is valve guides. but to do valve guides its a head off job

Just pull the head off and do it all at once man

Just pull the head off and do it all at once man

so much effort cuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnttttttt. plus i wouldnt do it myself. thats one thing i havnt played with, thats heads. i like getting head though.....wait what :huh:

so much effort cuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnttttttt. plus i wouldnt do it myself. thats one thing i havnt played with, thats heads. i like getting head though.....wait what :huh:

Don't be dodgy, just pull the head off and take it to get reco'd.

Will be worth it.

Don't be dodgy, just pull the head off and take it to get reco'd.

Will be worth it.

or 3k for port, polish, oversize valves, aftermarket springs and HKS cams.

3k is alot of coin to lay down though

glazed bores would have be my guess. Who tuned it?

You can also test valve stem seals by driving down a long hill engine braking, then when you get back on the throttle if there's a cloud of smoke out the exhaust it's valve stem seals.

What does the wideband tell you while it's warming up?

Edited by CHA54

glazed bores would have be my guess. Who tuned it?

You can also test valve stem seals by driving down a long hill engine braking, then when you get back on the throttle if there's a cloud of smoke out the exhaust it's valve stem seals.

What does the wideband tell you while it's warming up?

even with 4-8% leak down on the leak down test you would still say blow by? tuned by BPS

it does exactly that when i engine brake, get on it again, big could of smoke

Edited by ELEGNT