[NSW] SYDNEY MONTHLY MEET

Another great meet, I know I keep saying it but last night was the biggest meet yet.

My count was 23 cars and we were still missing a few regular members.

Whats this about an FTO "trying" to burnout after I left?

Pics will be up soon in the NSW rides thread.

Guy decided to be a hero.. fail burnout, lost control, almost into one of our cars, over speed bump, and almost into another car LOL.

Did you mean the fully sick FTO ??

I should take a video camera and put it in youtube and send to police or Current Affairs

If you wanna show off the speed, do it in dragway or a race circuit, not on the street, cannot tolerate all the hoons out there

Edited by ben yip

Did you mean the fully sick FTO ??

I should take a video camera and put it in youtube and send to police or Current Affairs

If you wanna show off the speed, do it in dragway or a race circuit, not on the street, cannot tolerate all the hoons out there

While that may seem like a good idea, do you really want the Police turning up at EOMM checking everyones cars?

I vote no.. I really hope I can make the next meet.. still waiting on coilovers to arrive.

was a great night guys to catch-up with a few old faces and meet a few new ones.

Ahhh so thats what those guys in their stivo on their own were trying to do ...... talk the ep3 into racing ...... shockers man ...... i think while we were there we must have seen atleast half a dozen cop cars with sirens going flying up and down the road + it being double demerits ...... seriously ppl need to learn to take it to the track.

Those young fella's that rocked up in the prado were totally blown away ....... they couldnt work it out when i told them the car could pull 12 sec quarters ..... lol .... i think the funny response of "oh im into commodores" was so random. but yeah totally agree Defyant it was an amateur shu habib ..... hahahaha

That FTO almost made me p.i.s.s myself it was so funny ..... First the failed straight line burn out and of all places in a maccas carpark the size of that 1 .... what a douche bag ....

then him almost steering into someones car attempting to start that u-turn over the speed bump then almost collecting that BMW trying to complete his u-turn ...... followed by what sounded like his clutch getting stuck due to it over heating and him looking like a bigger douche bag by just sitting there and the revs sitting on the limiter ...... The only thing that could have topped it off is if he had run into the maccas sign on his way out ....... that way hopefully it would have been enough damage to get him and his s#itbox off the road and stop giving car enthusiasts a bad name.

It still would have been funny to have it on film to laugh about it repeatedly ..... i had my phone out but didnt even think to start filming.

Maybe we should think about a new location if this type of thing is going to happen? It is a Maccas car park afterall... a magnet for d/h in my opinion.

I didn't attend, but I think the Botany location you all took photos at looked unreal.

The location won't be changed as its central to majority of Syd members.

This weeks incident was the 1st time something like this happened and it wasn't a member so we can't control what happens outside the group.

Hopefully it doesn't happen again but if it does my camera is ready.

This weeks incident was the 1st time something like this happened and it wasn't a member so we can't control what happens outside the group.

With all due respect..No it wasn't the first time... there were idiots trying to impress us and mouth off all night the first meet I went too at this location.. how long until it turns into an altercation??

I drove 300km to make my first meet.. are Sydney members so precious that they must meet at such a sh#tty location because its central? What about Hiro? He has to travel a long way if he wants to make a meet.. and surely there are others.

Can it not go to a vote?

If not..(then there is no democracy here)... honestly though.. besides it being a "central" location it hasn't got much going for it. IMO..

Meeting at a Maccas is so cliche... are we all 18?

Not that anyone cares cause I'm a new guy and dont have all the answers.. but I wont be going to any further EOMM at that dump of a spot.

With all due respect..No it wasn't the first time... there were idiots trying to impress us and mouth off all night the first meet I went too at this location.. how long until it turns into an altercation??

I drove 300km to make my first meet.. are Sydney members so precious that they must meet at such a sh#tty location because its central? What about Hiro? He has to travel a long way if he wants to make a meet.. and surely there are others.

Can it not go to a vote?

If not..(then there is no decromacy here)... honestly though.. besides it being a "central" location it hasn't got much going for it. IMO..

Meeting at a Maccas is so cliche... are we all 18?

Not that anyone cares cause I'm a new guy and dont have all the answers.. but I wont be going to any further EOMM at that dump of a spot.

That botany isnt a bad idea.. But being centrally located makes it easier for most people is also true.. Of course Sydney members are precious, without them, there's no meet / gathering.

However, I have to agree with this guy. Just my 2c, The idea of us raiding maccas parking spots every end of month in the evening not too mention at weekend is a bit old and not too comfy. Of course there would be some idiots once in a while but what we especially dont want are the douches like last time.

Sure we can put up a vote, every NSW members can vote easily. But how many of them are willing to commit to the new place, especially those who have to travel further than the usual. I personally wouldnt mind.

Another alternative, is to have the EOMM in the weekend afternoon, in a park or something. Last time I went to a honda meet, they did it this way and it was pretty nice. But this idea would require a great chef for a bbq.

did any camry's show up !!?

ZR6XY (Rob) nearly always shows up I believe. :) I think he said he was coming late to this last one?

It is one Helluva nice camry... the best I've seen in real life anyway. A real head turner.

ZR6XY (Rob) nearly always shows up I believe. :) I think he said he was coming late to this last one?

It is one Helluva nice camry... the best I've seen in real life anyway. A real head turner.

Rob's car is called Aurion in Australia. And there were no camrys as far I could remember.

Rob's car is called Aurion in Australia. And there were no camrys as far I could remember.

My bad.. I realised that after posting.. but it's the closest thing to a Camry is it not? Its like the Corollas that arent Corollas right? Sorry I'm behind the times. Hence my 90 model car. Told ya's I didnt have the answers.

you will get showoffs at literally every meet spot in Sydney. i think greenacre maccas has worked quite well, the meets are only getting bigger and its definitely better than Villawood.

Late comment, but yes, the FTO guy was an idiot, but his fail was funny

1. Failed to do straight line burnout

2. Instead of spinning wheels, he was burning clutch most of the time

3. He doesn't know how to replace and/or tension his drive belts

4. homo

Sorry I rephrase my comment.

I meant it won't be changed in the near future as it was recently changed from a worse spot in Villawood but thats not for me to decide.

For me I don't mind where the meets are held but at the current rate where our meets have grown considerably the past few months is that maybe we might have to change location.

Sorry I rephrase my comment.

I meant it won't be changed in the near future as it was recently changed from a worse spot in Villawood but thats not for me to decide.

For me I don't mind where the meets are held but at the current rate where our meets have grown considerably the past few months is that maybe we might have to change location.

Villawood!? Im picturing you all lined up outside the detention centre with immigrants screaming "cool cars" in unknown dialect. :D

You're right though... that spot will soon become too small when numbers increase.. I personally was concerned that Maccas staff would tell us to go away... I have no suggestions as to where to meet after greenacre has outlived its usefulness. Any huge Toyota dealerships with large parking spots about?

Maccas was chosen as a meeting point not an event... We can stay and chat or meet up there for cruises,dinner,photos etc

Again, central, parking,coffee and a bite to eat for those who want it....

maybe mix it up once in a way, like how we went to wisemans ferry etc.jdmst does it quite well altering the location every month. I know we're not on that scale but still.

Again, central, parking,coffee and a bite to eat for those who want it....

i think this is the key ….. villawood was great as it was a massive carpark due to the bunnings and we kept out of the maccas carpark ….. this was ofcourse until for some reason a whole bunch of morons starting dropping in thinking they could use a carpark with speedhumps as their local drag strip ….. idiots ….. However it does have 2 memories which im not sure if people are still around from when they happened ….. 1) When the female copper put her wagon up on 2 wheels because she didn't see that nasty gutter as you exit & 2) when that under cover reporter rocked up trying to get the word from us on where the drags are on ….. they were the best.

As stated above places like botany, brighton, bondi, La Perouse etc are now flooded with cops and their make shift pit patrols to run over anything with an exhaust. So just for the simple harassment factor those areas are a no go + the fact that too many idiots have ruined these areas already.

We need to find something with all the above mentioned from john and is well light up ….. you know olympic park is a classic where you can take good pics but i don't think the food places up the road i.e. maccas etc are open too late from memory & as long as you park properly you don't get much attention from the cops / rangers. A few places that ive been to with other clubs have been the ***** smith / hungry jacks in northmead on windsor rd which isn't too bad ….. even the parking lot @ red yard in Auburn has been a reasonable spot ….. not in the cinemas though as the guards got a bit touchy in there.

We are open to change as i think we are all pretty flexible but we just need to put a few ticks in a few boxes before we do so ….. so do make a suggestion and it will be considered.